• Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernoDaLuz

Jun 1, 2007
Jersey
It's Thursday night, there's less than 15 minutes to go in the third period in game 6, the Rangers are down by two goals and have only managed 16 sog.

After an historic start to the playoffs, they have looked listless for the past 5 periods and are making a b line to get reverse swept. Kreider exists.

Who wins the Eastern Conference Finals?

1000012354.gif

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I've had some heated battles with many of you over the years. Still do, especially as a mod when things get out of control. Know it is never personal. I love these boards as they have been a significant part of my life for nearly 17 years.

Regardless of how you felt throughout the series, I just hope you are able to enjoy this moment for what it is. Life isn't always about the result, but the journey getting there. Sometimes the journey is the best part, even if you don't arrive at your destination.

What I'm trying to say is... cheers all. To an incredible night, to an incredible fanbase and yes, I know I called you all a bunch of whiners :laugh: , but I am glad we are able to celebrate here together. Some of us don't have others to celebrate these wins and moments with. We have this and it is special.

:cheers:

@Gardner McKay confirmed as the 2nd intermission motivational speech giver in Raleigh - what specifically did you say to CK? :naughty:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
2nd intermission Liam and Ace talking about Aho and how this is where you go from "star", to "superstar". Hmm, seems like Kreider stole his premature thunder. Aho had a nice series, but who eventually won?

Biz; "When the Rangers BLOW this series, (Not "when the Canes win this series"........I want that blown up, framed and signed by Jordan Martinook." EAT them effin' words! Kiss it! How's that Crow? Tender?
The announcers said that??! That’s pretty crappy. I mean, I have ZERO expected the national announcers. But even this is beyond the pale.

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021
“Kreider’s Hat Trick: The Ultimate Playoff Showdown”

In the heart of Madison Square Garden, the New York Rangers faced their fiercest rivals, the Carolina Hurricanes. The stakes were high—the winner would advance to the Eastern Conference Finals, and the loser would be sent packing faster than a Zamboni on steroids.

Chris Kreider, the Rangers’ burly left winger, had a secret. Beneath his hockey gear, he wore a tattered “Die Hard” tank top, the one John McClane sported while battling terrorists in Nakatomi Plaza. Kreider believed it was his lucky charm, even though it smelled like a locker room after a triple-overtime game.

The game was tied 3-3, and the clock ticked down. Kreider skated like a man possessed, channeling his inner Schwarzenegger. He’d watched “Predator” the night before, and now he imagined himself as Dutch, covered in mud, ready to take down an otherworldly opponent.

The puck slid toward Kreider. He swung his stick, and time slowed. The crowd gasped as the puck deflected off Jordan Staal’s shin guard, ricocheted off the crossbar, and landed in Kreider’s waiting hands. He grinned. “Come with me if you want to score!” he muttered, channeling his inner Terminator.

Kreider charged toward the net, weaving through defenders like a jungle commando. Goalie Petr Mrazek lunged, but Kreider executed a perfect wraparound—a move he’d learned from watching YouTube clips of Wayne Gretzky and the T-1000. The puck slid past Mrazek’s outstretched pad, and the Garden erupted.

“Yippee ki-yay, hockey fans!” Kreider shouted, raising his arms. The crowd roared, and somewhere in the stands, Bruce Willis shed a single tear of pride.

But the Hurricanes weren’t done. They pulled Mrazek for an extra attacker, and the tension thickened like molasses. Kreider glanced at the clock—only seconds remained. He’d seen this scenario before: the final showdown in “Die Hard,” when McClane faced Hans Gruber on the rooftop.

The puck came to Kreider again. He channeled his inner McClane, dodging sticks like bullets. With a flick of his wrist, he sent the puck sailing into the empty net. “Yippee ki-yay, Mother Puckers!” he yelled, celebrating his hat trick.

The Rangers won 5-3, and Kreider’s tank top was drenched in sweat. As he skated off the ice, he imagined himself as the last surviving soldier in “Predator,” covered in mud and victorious. The crowd chanted his name: “Kreider! Kreider!”

In the locker room, Kreider peeled off the tank top. “Thanks, Bruce,” he whispered, folding it carefully. He knew that somewhere, John McClane and the Predator were raising a glass to him.

And so, Chris Kreider—the Die Hard, Predator, and Terminator 2 mashup—became a legend. His hat trick would echo through hockey history, a tale of heroism, movie references, and a dash of absurdity.

And as the Garden lights dimmed, Kreider winked at the camera. “I’ll be back,” he promised. Because in the playoffs, anything was possible—even a hockey player with a penchant for '80s action movies.
OK I'm not a Rangers fan but this is one of the greatest posts of all time

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The cross checking call came about a minute after a blatant, non-subjective penalty committed by Carolina wasn’t called.

At the absolute worst, it was a much deserved makeup call.
I feel like the officials get a bit offended when a team they’re trying to help out takes the piss.

Reactions: yrrebbor

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Does anybody think that that puck might not go ion if Chris tries to FORCE the puck in, as opposed to ramping it up from his blade with backhand? I think he needed that little bit of lift. What do you guys think, or am I crazy?

What’s funny is after Kreids scored to make it 4-3 and complete the hat trick the first words out of Jack Micheals mouth was “can you believe it?” - which was the exact same thing Gary Thorne said after Messier sunk his hattrick empty netter in Game 6 in the guarantee game in 94

Reactions: egelband

Ned Braden

Feb 2, 2018
Lol.

That wasn't even the case. He sucked against them too they just had 3 good chances a game and shot the puck into him 2 of those times.
Nah...this goalie shit is just the narrative whenever the Rangers are good. It makes Devils and Islander fans (and even some weird Rangers "fans" here) feel better about themselves to say the Rangers actually suck and are just being carried by their goalie. Except that didn't happen.

Anderson was fine against the Islanders and fine against the Rangers. Igor played well no doubt, but the Rangers beat a very good Carolina team because the Rangers are also a very good team that generated a few more quality chances than Carolina. That's the margin at this stage of the playoffs, and that was the story of the Carolina series...

...that and Chris friggen Kreider.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Boucher sounded impressed by the Rangers comeback win and gave them full credit. Jon Scott pissed me off on his podcast, saying Carolina gave the game away and we did nothing to earn it. He can f*** off.

That was almost 100 percent!!

I have to defend him. Look at my user profile pic and name!! LOL
Yeah man, I am so sorry. I do know you (not personally) but have seen you here for some time now. I'm all about the heart, we have a few that don't have one like.,.....oh forget it. Let's put it this way. If others had his heart we'd be much better off.

• Love
Reactions: Captain Lindy

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That’s who he is.

He doesn’t know what a sweep is but he’s never been an excuse maker.
Yeah. Beindamour is a little overrated but also a very good coach and a guy most teams would be very happy with. The coaching is not the issue with Carolina. They simply lack a game breaker and probably some better bounces.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kind of a flukey goal. Would rather have had that series go to 7.

it is what it is. Bobrovsky looked really good and Boston's offense almost Washington Capitals level....a little better but not much. Boston was defending pretty well though and completely shut down Florida's power play. Florida had more offensive end zone time but they weren't getting a lot of great opportunities. Zacha's first ever playoff goal in 25 games. He's 27 years old....he should have at least 3 or 4.

They've got enough guns and they're as physical a team as we're likely to see even if we get to the finals. Even so I think they're very beatable.
Wonder who would have won if it was Carolina v Panthers. Somehow, I feel that we may have already played the toughest team that we're going to face. Hope that holds true. We have to limit their PP and have to especially watch out for Verhaeghe & Reinhart. (Duh) Barkov is a beast, that goes without saying. Bob's been throwing his stick a lot on purpose.
Hope we have a game plan for that. Could be countered to get a goal here or there. There's supposed to be a reason a goalie has a stick, but understand why he does it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
In the past, very occasionally, I have been critical of Kreiders play.

Tonight I feel shame for those posts.
You're not the only one. Remember, he hadn't even played a reg. season game yet, when he came on as a rookie. It's been maddeniing for us all, that we all felt he had much more to give. For me it's all about the effort, but I suppose he can be given many passes for what he "hadn't done" in the past, because he surely is makng up for all of it, and thank God he's found his niche.

If Hank had this team he'd have 2 rings (Not saying Shesty is worse or anything)
I would give up my house (okay, maybe not) to hear HANK say that "If I had this team"............But, that would screw over his ex- teammates.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Hank had this team he'd have 2 rings (Not saying Shesty is worse or anything)
I would give up my house (okay, maybe not) to hear HANK say that "If I had this team"............But, that would screw over his ex- teammates.
Surprised about the Isles board.

Most of them f***ing had it with the Canes.
One of those as an Isles fan "I can't be happy with the end result", a no win situation.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wonder who would have won if it was Carolina v Panthers. Somehow, I feel that we may have already played the toughest team that we're going to face. Hope that holds true. We have to limit their PP and have to especially watch out for Verhaeghe & Reinhart. (Duh) Barkov is a beast, that goes without saying. Bob's been throwing his stick a lot on purpose.
Hope we have a game plan for that. Could be countered to get a goal here or there. There's supposed to be a reason a goalie has a stick, but understand why he does it.

Florida IMO has a better top group of forwards than the Canes. I like the Canes defense corps better than theirs but missing Pesce and all the man to man stuff that is Brind'amour's system hurt them against us. Bobrovsky is better than Andersen.

I mean I'd take Barkov over Aho easily if given the choice. Aho's a great player but Barkov edges him on offense and kills him in two way play. I'd also take both Reinhart and Verhaeghe over any of Carolina's scoring wingers Guentzel, Jarvis, Necas, Svechnikov. Reinhart had 54 goals this year and Verhaeghe is also deadly in kind of a Marchessault way....he gets goals when you really really need them. Carolina has no one like Tkachuk who in some respects is like a modern day Messier. A mean, nasty, big physical point producing forward and pretty much their leader who sets the tone for how that team plays. He's a real leader type. They're a more physical team than Carolina too. As we've seen with Bennett he can be pretty nasty. Tkachuk fits that too. Lomberg however much he plays. Cousins is a real agitator. Almost everyone on their team hits every chance they get and it was like that in their series against Boston. Going into the last game in that series the two teams had gone over 500 hits already in the series.

All that said I think the Panthers do have vulnerabilities that could play into the Rangers hands if the Rangers play up to their abilities. The Panthers physical game will mean there will be penalties and making them pay will be important for us.

It's kind of funny that their main additions at the deadline were two guys we added last year when we got bounced in the first round by the Devils. They're both pretty decent adds but I don't see either being big difference makers. They weren't for us and so far they haven't been for them.

Reactions: Larrybiv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad