Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Is it my imagination, or did the Devils board mods delete all discussions about us? Their around the league thread jumps from Wednesday to today.

I mean, they have good mods over there. But the fanbase is full of trolls. So that's not surprising. They are about the biggest group of trolls on HFB, so their mods should get a ton of credit. I can't imagine how much work it is with those children.

At least HFNYR, while rowdy and full of a ton of posters, isn't half the troll-den of HFNJD.

HFNYI is nowhere near as bad as HFNJD, though. A good bit of decent posters over there at least.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Hurricanes still scare me.

They have the puck literally always and you can't do anything about it. Some of their shots end up being good chances, it's just law of averages. A lot of them do, actually.

They have some obvious problems. So do we. No perfect team exists. The way their impose their style on the game is seriously impressive. In terms of how they want to play they're one of the most unmovable teams I've ever seen. Sometimes we're off. They're never off. Every game is Canes hockey.

Point is, we certainly weren't bad in that series. We handled a Hurricanes series as well as one handles it and really controlled some of the best chances in the series. NST had 5v5 xG at 52-48 in favor of the Canes and that's f***ing amazing for us considering how the Canes play.

I don't know what will happen, but if we can beat that team, we're capable of beating anybody.

Last edited:

Metranger

May 22, 2015
If they do end up playing Florida, it seems like the games down there may have tons of Ranger fans at them.

On TV, it seemed like the jerks fans completely outnumbered Ranger fans, not like the 65/35 in 2022.

Have to wonder why that was the case this series.
I live in S Fl but I'd rather watch the games on TV. I hate missing anything.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
As far as the “soft” cross checking calls go, I’m personally not surprised given the players involved. Kreider is stronger than pretty much anybody, like a lot stronger. And Jordan Staal might be stronger than Kreider. Little bumps from these guys aren’t the same as little bumps from you’re average NHL forward.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Third goal kind of illustrates how Kreider is so good in front of the net. He's not trying to body Chatfield out of the way, he's not trying to just take up space and hope something bounces off of him, instead he skates in front of the net and briefly engages Chatfield, then disengages but spins around him to the other side and sets up with his stick on the ice. Makes it really hard for Chatfield to tie him or his stick up in the split second it takes for all that to happen. One moment Kreider is jostling with him, the next Kreider has released and spun around to Chatfield's other side and then the puck is there and in the net. Just superb net front work
This is exactly what people mean when they say Kreider is elite in front of the net. It's not just the tips and rebounds, he's elite and winning the battles in front and reading the play around him knowing when to spin and how to present himself as a scoring option at just the right time.

It's elite hockey sense from Kreider. Makes me shake my head every time people still talk about Kreider like it's 2010 and he's a prospect "all tools no toolbox" type stuff. The idea that he is some caveman in front of the net, and that's it, is patently absurd.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I’m just going to get all my sins out on paper so I can start to heal.

I was also dead set that I was selling my game 7 tickets because I was SO sure there was no way they’re winning game 7.

That’s right. They’re not winning game 7. Because Kreider is a majestical beast beyond my wildest comprehension and I will never doubt him again.

I really thought they were done after period 2 and was convinced CAR just had the better team. Then Chris Kreider shut my mouth and made me look like an idiot. WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Honestly gents, I'm still in disbelief today. I keep going, "did that really happen?" Hell yeah it did.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
This is my "comeback" for the Canes social media team:

giphy.gif

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I've read the explanations and I still don't get fans turning off a game. I put the game on at the beginning and watch to the last second, win or lose. I've been watching my teams like that my whole life. I never let the results of a game ruin my life. It's sports. You almost always lose the last game of the year. It's the amazing wins, like yesterday, that make it all worthwhile.
Funny enough, I had my volume on 20 the whole game

Commercials were loud

Normally have it on 13 or 16. I have issues

Reactions: Atax

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Funny enough, I had my volume on 20 the whole game

Commercials were loud

Normally have it on 13 or 16. I have issues

I am slathering myself with your post in the GDT as much as Kreider's hat trick:

This post needs induction into the HFNYR post hall of fame.

Reactions: duhmetreE and Atax

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Yea it was 3-1, not 5-1. I watch it on delay though so when I get frustrated I just start skipping a bit, especially NZ muck or the puck getting stuck in our D zone, and can watch an entire period of a blowout in 5 minutes if I want to.

5-1 and I'd either turn it off or just have it on with little to no volume while doing work on the computer or something. Couldn't turn it off at 3-1, although I do admit I didn't have hope going into the 3rd period.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
This is exactly what people mean when they say Kreider is elite in front of the net. It's not just the tips and rebounds, he's elite and winning the battles in front and reading the play around him knowing when to spin and how to present himself as a scoring option at just the right time.

It's elite hockey sense from Kreider. Makes me shake my head every time people still talk about Kreider like it's 2010 and he's a prospect "all tools no toolbox" type stuff. The idea that he is some caveman in front of the net, and that's it, is patently absurd.
and what a frustrating young player who created scoring chances and had hands of stone. Now forgetaboutit!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad