Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This pass by Lindgren may be better than the one he made to Kreider.

Igor came up with the save though. Can't really hate on the performance, he (and the posts) made the saves when they needed to be made.
Hitting the post is nothing more than a missed shot. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1” wide or 10 ft wide.

$5 Dom from The Athletic has something petulant to say about this series on Twitter.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Remember when Carolina traded more at the deadline than we did, and then Jack Roslovic was a big part of eliminating them in the 3rd period? Hilarious.

Moral of the story: bargain shopping.
Remember when guys wanted Kane and anyone with even a sliver of common sense said no kane and then we got him and were terrible.

Then the next year people still said kane? Bc all they know are names. Remember pre-salary cap when we would have a entire team of washed up players with big names and everyone made fun of us for having twice the payroll as any other team while being perpetually stuck in 5-7 spot. Remember when we won 2 stanley cups in 100 years bc we just picked up random big names to sell tickets and appease the causal fans. The same fans that wanted to trade laf bc he wasnt mcdavid at 20 years old.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Think it's kind of heartless to do that to a kid. But hey, he got his 15 seconds, still waiting for mine.
I indeed have no heart....I'm going to hell.

Sadness.jpg

Im so happy those Canes fans in the bowler hats are going home miserable. They need people who love them to tell them to stop.
They'd have to find those people first...It's a catch-22 really.

They are hat wearing attention whores because they want people to love them but nobody loves them because they are hat wearing attention whores...

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
The flu story seems to make sense. Krieder missed practice with maintenance. Panarin says CK "woke up". Seems to be a strange comment to call him out for not being awake. So maybe he wasn't to blame for sleepwalking as in he was sick.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I think Igor frustrated the Canes. Ample opportunities to bury the Rangers and he kept coming up big or they hit the iron. Then Freddie decides to let a soft one in and that was the final straw.

Earlier in the series the Canes passed up on so many higher danger chances and opne looks but were looking for the perfect shot to beat Igor. If Lindgren doesn't take the penalty it's a sweep.

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'll say this about the Canes, they are about to retool with all their free agents but the core of Aho, Svech, Necas & Jarvis is very solid up front and they will be better down the road for these losses. I see them falling into more of a 3 seed/ wild card position the next couple years while they get their goaltending and defense figured out. I think its a team that wins a Cup when their stars are into their late 20s and 30s like the Rangers. It's an organization that has some growing up to do.
The organization has a lot of growing up to do not only with player development, but also in terms of toning down the arrogance. obnoxiousness, and the "our shit don't stink" stuff that emanates from that team. Fans of a lot of teams just don't like them, and that dislike is becoming a hate.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
After the 2nd goal I was feeling tired and super bummed so I went for a walk around my block to wake up. Saw on my phone that the Rangers got 1 back so I hurried back to the game and instantly saw the Aho goal. Got superstitious so I turned the game off and tried reading in bed while glancing at my phone. Resisted the urge to turn it back on after Kreids first goal. Saw he got another and tied the game and used all my restraint to not turn the game back on. After they went up 4-3 I raced to my PC and started watching again.

Obviously superstitions aren’t real and I’m an idiot, but I have zero regrets missing the hat trick. I literally NEVER turn a game off just because they are losing. I always go down with the ship, but last night I was compelled and I’m just happy they got the win. I look forward to rewatching it though!

TwentyFour

Sep 13, 2019
What a game. This was will almost erase my memories of the 1975 OT loss to the Isles that I listened to on radio on WNEW with Marv making the call. Almost I say since I was pretty young at the time and that perma scarred me

I'll admit after the second period I was ready to burn the jersey I was wearing.

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That blows. I don't have ESPN but I have Max. For ESPN I have to go to my parents and watch it there.
Get Sling, if affordable. Has ESPN, TNT, TBS and TRU (for an extra buck or so.) I had to ADD that when the prior game went to OT on TNT, I was freakin' out missing the start of Capitals game. To find out it was only that $$, I left it, should that happen again.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
After the 2nd goal I was feeling tired and super bummed so I went for a walk around my block to wake up. Saw on my phone that the Rangers got 1 back so I hurried back to the game and instantly saw the Aho goal. Got superstitious so I turned the game off and tried reading in bed while glancing at my phone. Resisted the urge to turn it back on after Kreids first goal. Saw he got another and tied the game and used all my restraint to not turn the game back on. After they went up 4-3 I raced to my PC and started watching again.

Obviously superstitions aren’t real and I’m an idiot, but I have zero regrets missing the hat trick. I literally NEVER turn a game off just because they are losing. I always go down with the ship, but last night I was compelled and I’m just happy they got the win. I look forward to rewatching it though!
We appreciate you for that.

My cousin has had this Rangers totem pole for years, when we watch together we touch it for good luck. My wife and I came across the same totem pole at a random store yesterday afternoon and bought it. Our 8 month old knocked it over 5 minutes into the game and the top broke off. Things obviously weren't going well in the game. We found a hot glue gun and put it back together .I assume it dried before the start of the 3rd and the rest is history. I got down and bowed to it after the game.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We appreciate you for that.

My cousin has had this Rangers totem pole for years, when we watch together we touch it for good luck. My wife and I came across the same totem pole at a random store yesterday afternoon and bought it. Our 8 month old knocked it over 5 minutes into the game and the top broke off. Things obviously weren't going well in the game. We found a hot glue gun and put it back together .I assume it dried before the start of the 3rd and the rest is history. I got down and bowed to after the game.

This is incredible hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad