Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lots of you guys get in trouble with the reactionary psycho takes in the GDT lol . Veterans know to save that panic for the family groupchat. I've never felt such a wide jump from "It's so over" to "we're so back", which is saying something with this team. Lavi ran the the Stadium Series play again. Never a doubt.

There’s ample reason to believe that Kreider, as many of his teammates, have been dealing with a flu-like illness that raced through the team. No Ranger would acknowledge it. I have heard enough to believe that it’s true. I also know enough that this would never be an excuse for losing the series after taking a 3-0 lead. From Brooks today....Team was off games 4,5,6....Flu made its way in locker room..rest up and get back to playing 2024 Ranger hockey.

That explains the Chytil stuff better. We will need him for the 2nd half of the journey

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I still can’t believe they won.

Everyone has been writing off this team all year and they are in the final four.

Even as fans, we started losing faith. I thought for sure we were going to lose this series After the 2nd period.

Kreider just put this team on his back with an all-time performance.

Rangers will be underdogs to Florida and favorites with Boston but honestly, this team can beat anyone. They have a legitimate chance to win the Cup.

I can’t believe it, honestly. What a run.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
There’s ample reason to believe that Kreider, as many of his teammates, have been dealing with a flu-like illness that raced through the team. No Ranger would acknowledge it. I have heard enough to believe that it’s true. I also know enough that this would never be an excuse for losing the series after taking a 3-0 lead. From Brooks today....Team was off games 4,5,6....Flu made its way in locker room..rest up and get back to playing 2024 Ranger hockey.
I said the same thing after game 5. Chytil goes down with an illness and they were all at a team dinner together. Its very possible

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
200w.gif

Its amazing how a huge, unexpected series win can improve your mood

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Shouldn’t the title of the thread be a Tropical Depression?
Not sure if you're saying this on behalf of myself but yeah, I can't believe how shunned I feel that nobody supported me when I said that's what we should call the Canes when we were discussing Rags, Piles and Debbie's. Even posted my personal Hurricane Sandy pic. I'm in tears of happiness right now, the blow has lessened.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Freaking Chytil comes back from the dead and brings disease

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I have a confession to make. I acted in person exactly how you'd expect, lol. I turned the game off at their first goal (I was so pissed I was planning on missing this game from the start but turned it on out of hope). I was following on my phone and was cursing this team out and worse than that. If you guys want me to get my just desserts I got it by missing the comeback. That was the most shocking win I can remember and I missed it due to a mix of anger and fear. Oh well, I guess that's a lesson for me. I still don't know how to feel right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had a miserable day at work and was just irate at what was happening in this game double as a result.
I forgive you, you are only human. Whereas I have already learned that lesson for longer periods of time. Back in 1990 (Persian Gulf War) and USS Nimitz was ported out of Washington State. Following the Rangers was very difficult, but literally didn't care because I kind of had my hands full dealing with boot camp, "A" school etc. Sucked back in when I got out and back home to Bklyn.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Dunno. They got a lot of pretty good talent coming up thru the ranks….
I guess kotchekov is their goalie of the future…..
It will also be interesting to see what veteran leadership they keep on the roster and who goes.
They are def a solid well coached team. Fast and Pesce would have absolutely helped them this series too.
Their prospect cupboard is far from empty, they got some good lines in to
Rangers thought the same thing in 2000 when the Wolfpack won the Calder. Kloucek, Purinton were being talked up.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Definitely the weirdest important hockey game I've seen in decades of watching hockey. Only the Olympic 1980 USA vs Soviet team beats this one. The Rangers were down and out, saved by multiple posts and then the tide simply turned.
Was that inadvertant, because it's very apropos.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
To those of you who stayed, you deserve this. I didn’t. After the 2nd period, I just couldn’t take the pain anymore and I had to turn it off. Biggest mistake of my life. Ugh.
This is like the biggest mistake a fan can make. Always have faith, believe the impossible. Miracles DO happen. As Rangers fans you have to be a little masochistic. Game #5, I watched to the final buzzer, but shut it quickly NOT to watch their victory bullshit.

Reactions: egelband

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
How lucky are we that Kreider, Trocheck, and Panarin got better after signing their UFA contracts? So much value.

Edit: Whoops. Didn’t know I posted this in 2 threads

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Remember when Carolina traded more at the deadline than we did, and then Jack Roslovic was a big part of eliminating them in the 3rd period? Hilarious.

Moral of the story: bargain shopping.
I dunno Guentzel is a beast. This team was/is short a needle mover at RW.
A top 6 of
Kreider-Zibby-Guentzel
Panarin-Tro-Laf
Would be pretty potent.
Don’t forget, Drury was in on him but didn’t like the price. I’m glad as well tbh. If we’re pulling that type of trade, I want someone younger who will be here beyond 1 season.
He also didn’t pony up a 1st for Henrique or vatrano which was def the right move as well…..
The one that didn’t happen that Def hurts this team was Novak.
Reports were we were hot and heavy on him. No word what the return would have been but he’s a player that makes that 3rd line lethal. He would also be here beyond 1 season. I woulda have gladly gave up a late 1st to have him in the fold…..
Preds played out of their minds down the stretch, made the playoffs and he was resigned. Drury then shifted to option 2 Wennberg.
I really don’t mind paying at the TDL, as long as the piece is the right age with the right contract….
A lot of people are still mad about not having Buch with kreids/zibby….. he’ll even Zucc would have probably signed a friendlier deal to stay here, but he’s flourished with minn.
We got lucky that this team has been good all season and our guys have really carried the load. We didn’t need to add a superstar to win. He just had to plug holes filled by injury.
Chytil returning ( if he can actually play, makes us missing on Novak less crucial).
Our top 6 has performed as well as can be expected so far, but in the playoffs you really need to have a dangerous top 9 that can score and a 4th line that will get one here and there as a bonus ( which ours has done).
Cuylle has performed really well as a rookie. Hopefully chytil can play again and make Kakko/chytil a more dangerous offensive option.
Ros has his ups and downs, but for what we paid to get him, the return he’s giving is a bargain.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This is like the biggest mistake a fan can make. Always have faith, believe the impossible. Miracles DO happen. As Rangers fans you have to be a little masochistic. Game #5, I watched to the final buzzer, but shut it quickly NOT to watch their victory bullshit.
Yea but I take it personally and I take losing to heart. Not healthy.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I still can’t believe they won.

Everyone has been writing off this team all year and they are in the final four.

Even as fans, we started losing faith. I thought for sure we were going to lose this series After the 2nd period.

Kreider just put this team on his back with an all-time performance.

Rangers will be underdogs to Florida and favorites with Boston but honestly, this team can beat anyone. They have a legitimate chance to win the Cup.

I can’t believe it, honestly. What a run.
Pick your poison.
I actually like how we match up better against FLA.
Boston has a better more physical D and better more consistent goaltending.

Fla has the superior offense with 3 lines that can run and guy.

I think our top 6 big boys have showed up all season, we have the skill and talent to match their offense and expose their D.

Shesty is the best goalie left in the playoffs imo.
A step above ottenger and swayman. Hes batttle tested and he’s been here before.
Bobrovisky might match him save for save in a game here or their but doesn’t have the consistency shesty does.
Pickled?? No
Silovs??? No

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
GTFOH with this bullshit. This team has shown resilience all season coming back from being down. Most wins in that category. You have posted garbage takes all season and was shitting on the 1st line all game but they were the ones who came out in the third and turned the game around. Kreider was a beast in the third but he is not playing in a vacuum. That whole line contributed even f***ing Roslovic picked up 2 helpers.

Nothing but negativity from posters like you. I wish this site could self cleans itself from time to time.
Seriously. This team has had how many comeback wins, yet people act like they are the 98-2004 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad