Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I was thinking about something I hope I don't jinx it but I remember the 13-14 team all season getting goalied. In part because they were so good at controlling play but also because they didn't have top end skill. This team has flaws but you can probably count on one hand all season the amount of times they've been goalied this year. We just played two good, not great goalies and took advantage of it. That's a big difference from as recent as last year with Shmid.
If Hank had this team he'd have 2 rings (Not saying Shesty is worse or anything)

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
You're not the only one.

And to be fair this team hasn't shown anything to indicate they could make that kind of comeback. And I'll say my expectations for them tanked over the last 3 games. Miraculous win in game 6 or not. I have no faith at all in them to win the Cup after displaying the same exact loser mentality they had the past 2 playoffs collapses. If not for Kreider going ape in the 3rd period and willing the team on his back by himself this team implodes and is out in game 7. There's a lot they have to do to win back any faith. Coaching staff and their love affair with Brodzinski included.
GTFOH with this bullshit. This team has shown resilience all season coming back from being down. Most wins in that category. You have posted garbage takes all season and was shitting on the 1st line all game but they were the ones who came out in the third and turned the game around. Kreider was a beast in the third but he is not playing in a vacuum. That whole line contributed even f***ing Roslovic picked up 2 helpers.

Nothing but negativity from posters like you. I wish this site could self cleans itself from time to time.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Here’s another little lesson.

Kuznetsov was brought in by Carolina to bolster their depth. To me, it wasn’t the type of player I like adding to a contender.

Yes, he won a cup. Yes, he had a decent series on the scoresheet. On the surface. He was also a scratch.

On Kreiders first goal he makes a low percentage play on the net that turns into a goal the other way. He takes a bad penalty in Game 1 that leads to a big ppg against.

The Rangers get a guy like Wennberg while he doesn’t move the needle offensively he doesn’t make any boneheaded plays. He’s solid defensively and can be trusted.

Yes, they could use more from the bottom six and Wenny in particular but sometimes just getting a solid two way guy is just as important in these big games as a name guy who can pot a couple goals who acts like an idiot afterwards.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
For all of Guentzel’s prowess against us, has he beaten the Rangers in a playoff series yet?

I’m still stunned.

Yes 2016 but that barely counts as that was a Ranger team that really shouldn't have gotten in. Easily the worst Ranger playoff team in the last decade (maybe longer.)

1-2 overall. Looking forward to him singing for 7 years and 70 million with the Islanders and immediately hitting decline mode.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I am literally not kidding that before the 3rd started I literally contemplated how Kreider was a good ranger but he should never have his number retired because his career was plagued with playoff failure.

I am an absolute mutant beyond comprehension with literally a 58 iq and a 3 in penis
Now say bad stuff about Zbad

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I am literally not kidding that before the 3rd started I literally contemplated how Kreider was a good ranger but he should never have his number retired because his career was plagued with playoff failure.

I am an absolute mutant beyond comprehension with literally a 58 iq and a 3 in penis
Rub one out, you’ll feel better

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
For all of Guentzel’s prowess against us, has he beaten the Rangers in a playoff series yet?

I’m still stunned.
No, but this was only his 2nd series against us.

Can't believe that with a roster as good as the Canes they haven't won a single game in the Conference Finals since they won the Cup in '06

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
IMG_4707.gif

Just finished playing Call of Duty to help me come down. I thought they were dead in the water. I was gonna boycott a game 7. Major balls coming back down 2 on the road.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Roslovic was an excellent trade deadline deal. Teams are giving up first round picks plus prospects at TDL for players who delivered less than he has in the first two rounds.
I still don’t get the roslovic hate. Team leading 74% xGF in this game, pretty much just wheels pucks in the right direction every shift. Game 2 he was actually insane. Idc what Sean Avery’s dumb CTE ass thinks about him

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Can we also acknowledge the pass by Lindy on the wrap around jumping down from the point?

One of the best offensive moves of his career
with last years snipe top cheese on Vanicek not far behind.

Never doubted it for a second. Did the Hurricanes and their fans really think they were going to win this series? lmao
if you flip a coin 3 times and land heads...stupid idiots

Reactions: Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad