• Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Welp I didn't see that coming. I'll eat the crow though. Sorry for snapping at you a bit last thread @Machinehead. Appreciate not getting a ban. Haha

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You know, I go into criticism down 3-1. It's not invalid. There's no perfect team. I do it mostly to at least be constructive if we're gonna do it. You know, let's talk about real holes instead of nonsense (and I'm guilty of nonsense too).

But that being said, I thought we played really well and deserved better at 3-1.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
8qc6tg.jpg
I was calling that the cocaine beware celly.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
You're not the only one.

And to be fair this team hasn't shown anything to indicate they could make that kind of comeback. And I'll say my expectations for them tanked over the last 3 games. Miraculous win in game 6 or not. I have no faith at all in them to win the Cup after displaying the same exact loser mentality they had the past 2 playoffs collapses. If not for Kreider going ape in the 3rd period and willing the team on his back by himself this team implodes and is out in game 7. There's a lot they have to do to win back any faith. Coaching staff and their love affair with Brodzinski included.
Problem is they've done similar things most of the season. That's why they had the most comeback wins, they don't seem to flip the switch until their backs are against the wall. They almost pulled it off in G4, they managed to finish it tonight.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating but I can't lie, who doesn't love a classic comeback?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
You know, I go into criticism down 3-1. It's not invalid. There's no perfect team. I do it mostly to at least be constructive if we're gonna do it. You know, let's talk about real holes instead of nonsense (and I'm guilty of nonsense too).

But that being said, I thought we played really well and deserved better at 3-1.
Would have been interesting to find out how this one ended up if that puck Martinook stopped managed to slide over the line

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I have a confession to make. I acted in person exactly how you'd expect, lol. I turned the game off at their first goal (I was so pissed I was planning on missing this game from the start but turned it on out of hope). I was following on my phone and was cursing this team out and worse than that. If you guys want me to get my just desserts I got it by missing the comeback. That was the most shocking win I can remember and I missed it due to a mix of anger and fear. Oh well, I guess that's a lesson for me. I still don't know how to feel right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had a miserable day at work and was just irate at what was happening in this game double as a result.
It is ok man. We have all had those moments. What is important is that you are here now, enjoying the win with us. You're a valuable member of these boards. Don't forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad