Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
This pass by Lindgren may be better than the one he made to Kreider.

Igor came up with the save though. Can't really hate on the performance, he (and the posts) made the saves when they needed to be made.

Felt like Igor was way out in space for a while, but when the team tied it in the third he came back to earth.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Funny enough, I didn't like him in the 3rd at all.

Almost blew it at the start of the period and he cannot move the puck for the life of him.

I'm humored by him because he will occasionally make a play in the OZ that is so above his pay grade. I think back to the goal he scored in G1 vs NJ and then the wraparound pass (and this was 100% intentional) he made tonight.

If they draw Florida, he needs to be so much better than he has been though. They're not quite Carolina (slower for sure ) but they've got much better top end talent.
I think the turning point was the 1st Krieder goal. Seems the team was really pressing before that. You're right about that turnover, then the 2 posts, breakaway due to the 4/56 collision, etc. When we made it 3-2, everyone had life and Lindgren and the rest of them started winnings the 50/50 battles. Everyone played with more confidence after that goal. Like night and day.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I have a confession to make. I acted in person exactly how you'd expect, lol. I turned the game off at their first goal (I was so pissed I was planning on missing this game from the start but turned it on out of hope). I was following on my phone and was cursing this team out and worse than that. If you guys want me to get my just desserts I got it by missing the comeback. That was the most shocking win I can remember and I missed it due to a mix of anger and fear. Oh well, I guess that's a lesson for me. I still don't know how to feel right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had a miserable day at work and was just irate at what was happening in this game double as a result.
You're not the only one.

And to be fair this team hasn't shown anything to indicate they could make that kind of comeback. And I'll say my expectations for them tanked over the last 3 games. Miraculous win in game 6 or not. I have no faith at all in them to win the Cup after displaying the same exact loser mentality they had the past 2 playoffs collapses. If not for Kreider going ape in the 3rd period and willing the team on his back by himself this team implodes and is out in game 7. There's a lot they have to do to win back any faith. Coaching staff and their love affair with Brodzinski included.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Someone put Fox in a cryo chamber until next series starts.
And find out what’s going on in chytil ginger ale skull…. This is a game we had no business winning.
Canes ate our lunch for about 45 min, but at least this team sacked up and showed some damn heart in the 3rd.
I thought they were going to open up the game like that after getting booed off home ice.

Please go back to miller -Schneider.
Jones can’t play possibly any worse then Gus.

next test is going to be huge. It will likely be panthers….
Tkachuk is a handful, so is barkov.
Bobrovsky is shaky and overrated.
Another andrrrson in net. Feast or famine.
Our guys if they shoot the puck should do well.
It was an ugly 1, but I’ll take it. You need to win those too on the way to the promised land.
At least the 3rd period is something to build off of to get their swag back

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
@Jauffre I guess we were wrong about Igor? IDK maybe Quick makes those save but I guess Lavi pushed the right buttons or I guess in this case didn't by leaving Igor in

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Waiting for @Machinehead to apologize for bashing Igor. What a bunch of huge saves in the 3rd including on Svech with 2 minutes left.

I apologized for Big Dick Kreider, i would hope for the same, for anything just for good mojo moving forward in the ECF.
I apologize for bashing Igor. He's a Hall of Famer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad