*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Last summer I was very optimistic coming into this season and predicted a moosehead repeat before knowing Drouin was returning (probably would have been wrong)

Regardless, I think some people are underestimating what the team could do next year. By keeping Ryan, Halifax will once again have loads of talent up front:

Ehlers
Ryan
Gadoury
Meier
Falkenham
D. Moynihan
C. Moynihan
Fortier

Defense will take a hit but with Fucale back I can see Halifax being a contender once again.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Defense will take a hit

This is actually my primary concern. Duke will be gone, we will probably let Lussier go - though I do like him. Assuming the Panthers dont take him, we would have to keep Weegar I would think and let Hardie go (ouch). The D is going to be an issue.

gonna go on a limb here, subtract Darveau...

IMO, you keep Gadoury and Hardie for sure. If San Antonio (Panthers) keep Weegar than you keep Ryan as the third 20, if not then trade Ryan and Lussier for some picks... Lussier wouldn't be a bad twenty, but I have a feeling this team will only re-tool, not rebuild, so he may have to be cut or traded.

Not a bad problem to have... 4 elite overagers and 2 decent regulars who can play in this league. We'll make the right decision I trust.

Pretty good assessment - but man I hate to give up Darveau. He has been pretty great as a backup and with having Fucale you *need* a good backup (MTL training camp, world Juniors, etc.) and the Moose had a devil of a time finding a backup this season.

So best case would be:
- Gadoury
- Hardie
- Weegar/Ryan

Speaking of roster stuff, my big disappointment this year has to be Meier. He looked real good in tryouts but notwithstanding a few flashes of greatness has not amounted to much this year...

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I really hope we can bring in a young goalie next season, someone who can be an understudy to Fucale, and be ready to take over when he turns pro.

If Weegar doesn't come back, and I think it's pretty likely he won't, getting an offensive defenseman should also be a priority. Imagine what a blow it would be to our PP with Drouin and Weegar both gone.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
This is actually my primary concern. Duke will be gone, we will probably let Lussier go - though I do like him. Assuming the Panthers dont take him, we would have to keep Weegar I would think and let Hardie go (ouch). The D is going to be an issue.

Pretty good assessment - but man I hate to give up Darveau. He has been pretty great as a backup and with having Fucale you *need* a good backup (MTL training camp, world Juniors, etc.) and the Moose had a devil of a time finding a backup this season.

So best case would be:
- Gadoury
- Hardie
- Weegar/Ryan

Speaking of roster stuff, my big disappointment this year has to be Meier. He looked real good in tryouts but notwithstanding a few flashes of greatness has not amounted to much this year...

Yeah, I like Meier, and I think he's a solid player, but he always leaves me wanting more. I just get the feeling that he's capable of more than what we're seeing from him. Could be something as simple as him having a hard time adjusting to league, and the difference in culture.

Still, he's only 17, and maybe I'm setting my expectations a bit too high after being spoiled with some amazing young forwards the past few years. Next season will be his draft year, hopefully he can turn it up with with the added ice-time he'll be getting.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, I like Meier, and I think he's a solid player, but he always leaves me wanting more. I just get the feeling that he's capable of more than what we're seeing from him. Could be something as simple as him having a hard time adjusting to league, and the difference in culture.

Still, he's only 17, and maybe I'm setting my expectations a bit too high after being spoiled with some amazing young forwards the past few years. Next season will be his draft year, hopefully he can turn it up with with the added ice-time he'll be getting.

I think when he is given more ice time with more skilled players (maybe Ehlers) he will break out.

He has all of the tools to dominate the Q in a few seasons, its just a matter of reaching that potential.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Anybody get to watch the game that could fill us in?

I was there. Hull out hustled Halifax. The Moose looked a little taken back by The Bob - they were tentative and certainly not as confident as they've been in past months. Fucale was OK. Guys like Ehlers, Andrews and Ryan (who were quickly split up) were awful. Bottom two lines were overwhelmed. Drouin was incredible, of course but he can't do it all by himself. Weegar and Hardie had a tough night too. Duke, however, played very well. Lovell is suspended for tonight's game.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Bob should replace their boards next year with something more appropriate
Diving-Board_FibreDive_FlyteDeck_COMB.m.jpg

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
game is friday night not tonight...patmac...where you at the game????if so you would of saw Ehlers dives(believe he is trying out for the next summer Olympics for the Swiss diving team...you duck and get hit in the head its not a checking to the head...actually should be called unsportsman like conduct.... to other fans Lovell was suspended for a head shot on Sheppard plain to see on televised game....vuic was suspended for throwing punches at player already downed in fight....with 4 mins left to go last night number 2 on gatineau was tripped at center ice by ciampini-no call...seconds later drouin should have been called on boarding for hitting #8 in back going back for puck...and if you noticed the delay of game call for the 5 on 3 the linesman actually called the puck going out after hitting glass and after a conference with other officials it was called a penalty...so was quite shocked listening to all the moose fans complaining oh poor us getting screwed by the refs in quebec on Eastlink....btw the ice surface folks is 200 x 85 thats rights folks same size as the metro centre

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
game is friday night not tonight...patmac...where you at the game????if so you would of saw Ehlers dives(believe he is trying out for the next summer Olympics for the Swiss diving team...you duck and get hit in the head its not a checking to the head...actually should be called unsportsman like conduct.... to other fans Lovell was suspended for a head shot on Sheppard plain to see on televised game....vuic was suspended for throwing punches at player already downed in fight....with 4 mins left to go last night number 2 on gatineau was tripped at center ice by ciampini-no call...seconds later drouin should have been called on boarding for hitting #8 in back going back for puck...and if you noticed the delay of game call for the 5 on 3 the linesman actually called the puck going out after hitting glass and after a conference with other officials it was called a penalty...so was quite shocked listening to all the moose fans complaining oh poor us getting screwed by the refs in quebec on Eastlink....btw the ice surface folks is 200 x 85 thats rights folks same size as the metro centre

Someone's cranky! :sarcasm:

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

1) I didn't exclude the Moose from that. Ehler's dive happened moments before I posted that.

2) Vuic's suspension got overturned because he wasn't throwing punches at Sheppard but trying to get him to let go of his jersey and kept getting pulled down. There's a reason why his jersey was torn when he got kicked out.

3) There were missed calls both ways. The refs put their whistles away for most of the game. I don't see anyone complaining about the reffing. Hell, we got more powerplay opportunities but converted on the chances.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax

With the series 3-1, why bother to even post this.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
I think when he is given more ice time with more skilled players (maybe Ehlers) he will break out.

He has all of the tools to dominate the Q in a few seasons, its just a matter of reaching that potential.

I will say, he has looked more consistently better in the Gatineau series than he has for some time.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
I was there. Hull out hustled Halifax. The Moose looked a little taken back by The Bob - they were tentative and certainly not as confident as they've been in past months. Fucale was OK. Guys like Ehlers, Andrews and Ryan (who were quickly split up) were awful. Bottom two lines were overwhelmed. Drouin was incredible, of course but he can't do it all by himself. Weegar and Hardie had a tough night too. Duke, however, played very well. Lovell is suspended for tonight's game.

From what I saw - via an admittedly horrible quality Telus webstream (via hockeystreams.com) that it was a near role reversal of Game 1. Incomplete passing, defensive breakdowns, issues moving the puck out of our zone, shaky goaltending...

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Thanks for the ice surface and game info - the rest I am filtering out as it seems you simply came here to whine and troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad