Official Goaltending thread 5.0:

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Reimer is my favourite Maple Leaf but I'm very happy we have Bernier.

Bernier has a better glove hand, far better rebound control and puck handler.

When Bernier is in net the team seems to have more confidence themselves

Follows the puck way better and in general, is way more positionally sound. He makes saves look easy whereas Reimer will make easy saves look hard.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Okay - how did i miss this [sleepy, that's why]

Here's the question for you
depending on what happens in LA and Washington

Tuesday the 18th March: Detroit [road]
Wednesday the 19th March: Tampa [home]

Do you split? Does Reimer get Detroit and give Bernier Tampa? vice versa? or do you say, Bernier, hop to it -

those two games are huuuuuuuuuge.

I think youre going to have to run with Bernier on both games, as you said those are important games. I honestly don't see Reimer playing again until New Jersey on the 23rd (which I'll be at lol)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Okay - how did i miss this [sleepy, that's why]

Here's the question for you
depending on what happens in LA and Washington

Tuesday the 18th March: Detroit [road]
Wednesday the 19th March: Tampa [home]

Do you split? Does Reimer get Detroit and give Bernier Tampa? vice versa? or do you say, Bernier, hop to it -

those two games are huuuuuuuuuge.

Leafs have 15 games left and I believe Bernier will play at least 12 of them. IMO

I think Bernier plays all the rest of the games on his current 4 game road trip unless he gets blown out of a game after starting.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Bernier has the 4th best save % in the NHL at .926 %.

Bernier was step 1 of Nonis team building plan by beginning from the goalie out as his top priority.

ok step 2 is assemble a better team, should be easy enough. maybe sign another best-available UFA.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
i guess i just disagree.

but Bernier is great. congratulations to the Bernier fanboys on your victory over the Reimer fanboys in the only NHL-related contest that matters.

Don't know why people like you continue to make it a Team Bernier vs Reimer debacle. Simply put, Bernier is the better goaltender because we, as fans, want Leafs to win.

I doubt 99% of posters here would want Bernier to play if roles were reversed. While I prefer Bernier myself, if he fails to live up to expectations and is clearly not the #1, he should be riding the bench as well. I'd assume that for the most part, we are fans of the Maple Leafs first and foremost, not a player fan.

Fact of the matter is Reimer, even though I'm confident he could still be an average-above averge-ish NHL starter if given the ropes for a prolonged period of time isn't the better option in net. Bernier's been lights out in comparison. Reimer's played like trash in spot starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad