*OFFICIAL* Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 2013-2014 Thread

JEagle

Aug 9, 2012
Cape Breton
Your thinking of Jamie McIntyre Wildcat as for Lavoie he never was in camp we just hold his right and just as an update The Eagles current roster is as follows

Forwards
William Carrier - 19
Kyle Farrell - 19
Cameron Darcy - 19
Raphael Corriveau - 19
Charles-Eric Legare - 19
Bronson Beaton - 18
Nicholas Dozzi - 18
Michael Lyle - 18
Francis Brunelle - 18
Clark Bishop - 17
Julien Pelletier - 17
Timothé Simard - 17
Maxim Lazarev - 17

Defencemen
Jérémy Beaudy - 20
Stephen Woodworth - 20
Justin Haché - 19
Loïc Leduc - 19
Gareth Nicholson - 18
Matthew Nosella - 18
Matthew Donnelly - 18
Jason Bell - 16
Bradley Lalonde - 16

Goalies
Maxime Lagace - 20
Alex Bureau - 17

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Your thinking of Jamie McIntyre Wildcat as for Lavoie he never was in camp we just hold his right and just as an update The Eagles current roster is as follows

Forwards
William Carrier - 19
Kyle Farrell - 19
Cameron Darcy - 19
Raphael Corriveau - 19
Charles-Eric Legare - 19
Bronson Beaton - 18
Nicholas Dozzi - 18
Michael Lyle - 18
Francis Brunelle - 18
Clark Bishop - 17
Julien Pelletier - 17
Timothé Simard - 17
Maxim Lazarev - 17

Defencemen
Jérémy Beaudy - 20
Stephen Woodworth - 20
Justin Haché - 19
Loïc Leduc - 19
Gareth Nicholson - 18
Matthew Nosella - 18
Matthew Donnelly - 18
Jason Bell - 16
Bradley Lalonde - 16

Goalies
Maxime Lagace - 20
Alex Bureau - 17

Yes you're right. I was got the two mixed up. I knew the player that came back in the Moody trade was cut.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 3m
#LRT Nicolas Roy praticing with a Rouyn-Noranda Huskies jersey with his Midget AAA team #Drama

Nice bit of gamesmanship on Roy's part

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 3m
#LRT Nicolas Roy praticing with a Rouyn-Noranda Huskies jersey with his Midget AAA team #Drama

Nice bit of gamesmanship on Roy's part

I'm not a least bit surprised. I've heard for the last couple of weeks that the Huskies are indeed very interested and the front runners. They also own CB's 1st 2014 which in all likehood will be returned.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
If indeed he ends up a member of the Huskies does anyone else think that Jason Bell was a down payment or an insurance policy for Roy? Or in other words does anyone believe the Eagles made that trade under the assumption that if he (Roy) did not report they would recoup the pick in a trade with Rouyn for Roy while still obtaining Bell

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
If indeed he ends up a member of the Huskies does anyone else think that Jason Bell was a down payment or an insurance policy for Roy? Or in other words does anyone believe the Eagles made that trade under the assumption that if he (Roy) did not report they would recoup the pick in a trade with Rouyn for Roy while still obtaining Bell

I don't think it was anything to do with Roy. At the draft (time of the trade) , Dumont was still hopeful that Roy would report. It seemed to be an even and realistic hockey trade.

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
Will Lazarov and Bishop be playing together? Both guys are top prospects from the Q.

For whatever it's worth, in Halifax Lazaerv was playing with Darcy & Carrier. We'll see how the lines look for the last exhibition game against Halifax this Sunday. It's strange as with Clarke leaving there's only 13 forwards.

ns64

Aug 8, 2013
Jason Bell has not played the last two games is he injured or scratched?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I've got a good feeling about the team this year.

Also, Cameron Darcy named QMJHL 3rd star of the week, 6 points in his last 2 games, looking very impressive.

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
I've got a good feeling about the team this year.

Also, Cameron Darcy named QMJHL 3rd star of the week, 6 points in his last 2 games, looking very impressive.

Darcy has been great thus far.

I'll be interested to see what this all looks like once Farrell is fully settled into the lineup and Lazerev is ready to go.

Eaglefan81

Sep 27, 2013
Sydney, NS
Leduc sucks

I said it, he sucks. Can't hit the broad side of a barn(with his body or the puck), players walk around him like he's not even there. Everytime he touches the puck he gives it away or ices it and don't even get me started on the facts that he is drafted. My four year old son is a better defencemen than him, and he can't even skate yet.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I said it, he sucks. Can't hit the broad side of a barn(with his body or the puck), players walk around him like he's not even there. Everytime he touches the puck he gives it away or ices it and don't even get me started on the facts that he is drafted. My four year old son is a better defencemen than him, and he can't even skate yet.
Yeah he had a pretty bad game thursday :laugh:

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
Big defensemen at this level are often project players. Leduc uses his reach effectively I think and is decent on the PK. But he's expectedly awkward as a big guy and not nearly as strong as he should be at his size. I also think Leduc is a guy who would be better in a bottom pairing role but he's pushed into playing more on a team like Cape Breton with such an inexperienced defense core.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I haven't been to Nova Scotia yet this year, how have Bishop and Pelletier looked thus far? What situations are they both playing? Thanks in advance

DaveyCaper

Mar 1, 2012
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I haven't been to Nova Scotia yet this year, how have Bishop and Pelletier looked thus far? What situations are they both playing? Thanks in advance

They are third and fourth in team scoring and have 4 goals each after seven games so both have been great so far. I think Pelletier is third in rookie Q scoring. Both are playing all situations and Bishop has added some grit to his game.

To say that they have had good starts to the season would be an understatement.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They are third and fourth in team scoring and have 4 goals each after seven games so both have been great so far. I think Pelletier is third in rookie Q scoring. Both are playing all situations and Bishop has added some grit to his game.

To say that they have had good starts to the season would be an understatement.

Thank you very much. Very interested in these two for the upcoming draft.

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
It's uncanny how all of Pelletier's goals are top shelf!

Bishop was already defensively accountable in his 16 year old season, but he's improved in all facets in the off-season. He's very strong on the puck.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's uncanny how all of Pelletier's goals are top shelf!

Bishop was already defensively accountable in his 16 year old season, but he's improved in all facets in the off-season. He's very strong on the puck.

I haven't seen Pelletier play, but heard good things about the offensive side of the game.

Bishop on the other hand I have and I love the kid. Should put up modest numbers this year and be the best draft eligible defensive forward, unless his offense has really picked up this year since the last time I saw him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad