Official Cap Numbers Final - Per Leafs Lunch

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
As reported by Leafs Lunch, the cap numbers are now final.

Ceiling = $50.3M

Floor = $34.3M

(Floor edited by Irish Blues - wherever the Upper Limit is set, the Lower Limit has to be exactly $16 million under that per the CBA.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Like they mentioned on the show, a few teams will have troubles hitting that low number.
Really? Like ......... ?

Considering Washington and Pittsburgh were the only teams to finish under $36 million this year, and Pittsburgh just barely missed getting to that point, .... no team out there is going to have a problem hitting the floor this summer. The bigger question is whether teams race to the Upper Limit this summer like they did last summer.

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
Good news: The Canucks will have some money to work with.
Bad news: UFA prices just sky-rocketed. Some stupid GM is going to throw around money now that he has the cap space to do so.

Masterplan*

Yikes, the cap grew 28.9% in three years? That's some serious inflation.....8.8% per year?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'm waiting for the year when it doesn't go up and teams that are up to the cap (and, potentially, UFAs) are partially screwed.
I and others are still waiting to know what's going to cause league revenues to drop, seeing as how they've never dropped from year-to-year since under Bettman's tenure as commissioner with the exception of work stoppages.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I and others are still waiting to know what's going to cause league revenues to drop, seeing as how they've never dropped from year-to-year since under Bettman's tenure as commissioner with the exception of work stoppages.

The Canadian dollar going back to historic means with flat revenue.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Wow, I sure am glad we lost a whole season due to lockout. Thanks again Gary.
The players are still only going to get 55.x% of league revenues. Pre-lockout that was 65-70% or so.

Right now? There's actually revenues to back up those salaries. That is the big difference.

Brent Burns Beard