Official Bears/NFL Thread XXXV: How much longer until the offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Brian Hoyer has pissed away big FA contract with his play in 2nd half of year

May not even get a starting gig after this. Brown fans chanting for Johnny Football

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Cutler sucks!

The numbers speak for themselves. What a bum!

Look:

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/chicago-bears/alltime-passing

mj-laughing.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cutler is a proven good #1. He has flaws but the Bears will not be getting a better QB option via this weak QB draft or FA

There is no reason to move on from Cutler at this time.

Draft kid in 2016 draft for future and finish out Cutler's 3rd guaranteed year then move on. By then hopefully the picks used for defense in 2015 and 2016 drafts are working out

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
McCown with 2 INT's and a Fmb lost so far ,, The Lions still have some stupid players

Lions picks off McCown deep in endzone and runs it out and fumbles. The Bucs recover at 15

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
All the stuff being reported out now on Cutler is interesting. Like him not checking out of bad plays and a poor reader of the defense post snap.

The second part I think had always been Cutlers worst skill, but that first part is interesting. It's all timely of course as Trestmans and Emery are on the hot seat. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to deflect blame away from them. I'd love to know what's truly wring with the offense. I follow a few scouts on Twitter and the review of the play calling is very poor. Little creativity on routes and of course a complete abandon of the run. Also what once was top five line is in shambles.

I agree that it's time to draft a QB whether it's this year or next.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lions are full of idiots

McCown chased out of bounds and a FG coming ,, Nope Lions start scuffle and get called for penalty giving Bucs a final chance at TD from 5

They get it

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
All the stuff being reported out now on Cutler is interesting. Like him not checking out of bad plays and a poor reader of the defense post snap.

The second part I think had always been Cutlers worst skill, but that first part is interesting. It's all timely of course as Trestmans and Emery are on the hot seat. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to deflect blame away from them. I'd love to know what's truly wring with the offense. I follow a few scouts on Twitter and the review of the play calling is very poor. Little creativity on routes and of course a complete abandon of the run. Also what once was top five line is in shambles.

I agree that it's time to draft a QB whether it's this year or next.

This years QB draft is awful outside of Mariotta and Hundley. Rest are longshots or an outright disaster waiting in Winston

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
This years QB draft is awful outside of Mariotta and Hundley. Rest are longshots or an outright disaster waiting in Winston

Yeah believe me I find no joy in diving back into the draft a QB sweepstakes. It's partly why I wanted Cutler resigned as it's such a long shot to find a above average QB in the draft and let's not even talk about finding a top five.

That's why I'd truly love a real expert to break down what the hell is going on with the offense. It can't be all #6 can it? I'm not defending Cutler as I think his play has been terrible.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Saints getting killed at home. Next week is a big game. Lose that and you pretty much surely have a top 10 pick

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Saints getting killed at home. Next week is a big game. Lose that and you pretty much surely have a top 10 pick
Best realistic case has the Bears picking 7th IMO. I think the top six is entrenched as some combo of OAK TB JAX TEN NYJ WSH. Need the Panthers and Giants to win a couple more games.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The AFC Playoff race is going to be great finish. Scores today with playoff implications

Steelers (7-5) up 35-21 over Bengals (8-3-1) midway thru 4th qtr
Browns (7-5) up 21-19 over Colts (8-4) early in 4th qtr
Ravens (7-5) up 21-13 over Dolphins (7-5) late in 4th qtr
Texans (6-6) up 27-13 over Jaguars

Dolphins loss would be devastating for playoff hopes

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not that I think they should or expect it but if Bears did move on from Cutler they would most likely end up trading him for late round pick to Titans

Titans reportedly would have had interest in Cutler as FA or via trade last summer if he would have been available

With Locker failing and Mettenberger performing poorly (And getting injured again) they will be looking for a QB this offseason and will be looking not to invest another high pick on QB (Young and Locker were 2 recent 1st round failures)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Best realistic case has the Bears picking 7th IMO. I think the top six is entrenched as some combo of OAK TB JAX TEN NYJ WSH. Need the Panthers and Giants to win a couple more games.

6-10 usually gets you 7-11 so you're probably right

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't know the jets cap situation, but I could see them having interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad