Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII - Cutler starting @ Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
At least the season is over now and we can go onto debating who gets to stay on the team and who doesn't.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Herp derp lets just kick a 47yarder on second down, what could possibly go wrong?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Ill Never understand that decision. Just awful

Nope. Nothing you can say to defend that, especially when Forte had averaged 5+ YPC on the day, and McCown had thrown for 350+. No defending that decision.

Well, terrible season Bears. Terrible season.

Yeah, I've been optimistic and thinking we still had a chance, but after the L today, even I'm throwing in the towel.

Trestman the guru.

Can't even tackle anymore. Sad.

My thoughts on him being better suited as an OC are cemented more and more each game. I realize the O has been fine and the D has been killing us, but great teams overcome that.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Well the Bulls and Bears seasons are going to be a disappointment. **** injuries. I guess the Bears aren't technically out of it yet, but I'm not too optimistic.

At least there's the Hawks

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
At least the season is over now and we can go onto debating who gets to stay on the team and who doesn't.

Well conte, wright and mcclellin should all get cut. Cutler should walk, or at the very most retained for 1 season, so we can spend money fixing the defense.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So today should end the McCown as starter next year talk. 20 points against that secondary is pathetic

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So today should end the McCown as starter next year talk. 20 points against that secondary is pathetic

McCown was 23/36 with 355 yards and 2 TDs and 0 interceptions.

If anything, he further stated his case. McCown was fine today, he didn't lose this game. Sure he could have maybe completed a few more passes, but it's not like he was horrible.

Sure he had a few head scratchers, but he's a 34 year old career backup, not Tom Brady.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Lol he averaged almost 10ypa, the problem is our coaches inexplicably take their foot off the gas at periods throughout the game.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
McCown was 23/36 with 355 yards and 2 TDs and 0 interceptions.

If anything, he further stated his case. McCown was fine today, he didn't lose this game. Sure he could have maybe completed a few more passes, but it's not like he was horrible.

Sure he had a few head scratchers, but he's a 34 year old career backup, not Tom Brady.

Mccown has played well, but I don't think the stats today tell the real story. He had multiple bad decisions in key moments. I also don't think Trestman put him in winnable situations in the 4th.

When Hester ran that ball back to the 50 at the end of the 4th quarter they had time to take two shots for 15 yard completions. There's barely any risk and he still pulled it down.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
He averaged 10ypa because of two plays to Jeffery, one of which was arguably the catch of the year. Every single week we play these **** defenses and McCown puts up good fantasy numbers but we only score 20 pts basically. He should have thrown two picks and made a completely dumb decision on thre shovel pass. There's countless passes each week where receivers are diving for balls. If he doesn't throw behind Earl then Gould probably hits a potential 60-61 yarder.

He's a great backup in this system but he's not better than Cutler.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trestman is not an NFL Head Coach

Another pathetic Bears season comes to disappointing end (Yeah still a few games left but the season is over in reality)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Lol he averaged almost 10ypa, the problem is our coaches inexplicably take their foot off the gas at periods throughout the game.

The point is to score touch downs. They commented today how bad the Bears have been the last 3 games in the red zone. Just happens to coincide with what else happening...

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
McCown wasn't necessarily the cause of the loss but he wasn't perfect today.

The shovel pass thing to Kyle Long that he fumbled didn't count as an INT but it was a turnover caused by McCown not throwing the ball away when he should've or just tucking the ball.

He could have been more precise on the final drives to end the 1st and 2nd halves. I can think of at least one, maybe two, slants to Marshall where the throws were off and we lost out on 1st downs because of it.

There was also one throw to the end zone that could have been a TD if McCown had hit a backshoulder throw to the right corner of the end zone but I'm not sure McCown has that throw in his arsenal the way Cutler does.

Even on the play where Jeffery made the unbelievable catch in double coverage, he might have gotten an easier TD chance by going to a more open Marshall on a nearby inside route on that play.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Can someone tell me what the hell Shea McClellin does that warrants him being on an NFL roster?

Emery better cut ties with his bust this offseason.. If not the Bears really wont have any legit hopes to improve DE position trotting Shea out there next season

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Mccown has played well, but I don't think the stats today tell the real story. He had multiple bad decisions in key moments. I also don't think Trestman put him in winnable situations in the 4th.

When Hester ran that ball back to the 50 at the end of the 4th quarter they had time to take two shots for 15 yard completions. There's barely any risk and he still pulled it down.

Not only that but he again had an INT taken off the board by a penalty unrelated to the play. It was also his Pejorative Slured throw that led to the Long fumble play.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Can someone tell me what the hell Shea McClellin does that warrants him being on an NFL roster?

Emery better cut ties with his bust this offseason.. If not the Bears really wont have any legit hopes to improve DE position trotting Shea out there next season

The Bears need to trick him into thinking every game is against Green Bay.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The point is to score touch downs. They commented today how bad the Bears have been the last 3 games in the red zone. Just happens to coincide with what else happening...

michael bush?

Did the bears even get into the redzone today? They kept getting around the KC 40 then got super conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad