(Official) Around the NHL Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
:laugh: Sounds about right.

I know he was suppose carry the offensive load for Calgary, and was really bad for the first half of the season. He started to pick up at the deadline, and then was playing for a contract down the stretch really.

He wasn't great in his last season here.

Yep I think most of the season he looked entirely unmotivated. I strongly believe he was told to start scoring so we could trade him :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yep I think most of the season he looked entirely unmotivated. I strongly believe he was told to start scoring so we could trade him :laugh:

<BB> Hey, want to get out of this hell hole? Play hockey and we'll trade you.
*follows instructions*
<BB> Welp, no market for you amigo. Sorry! May as well play for a contract though.
*follows instructions*
<Agent> Got Lou on the line here.
<Cammy> Jackpot.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

Edit: Better video:

Still want.

On a different note, I have to think the guillotine is hanging over Mike Johnston and will fall imminently. For forwards, Malkin and Crosby could arguably be at the end of what are supposed to be the peak years of their career. Heck, Kessel too. They've got to make a change now, this team really hasn't progressed since their back-to-back Cup Finals several years back. I'm not sure who they would bring in but it clearly ain't working with Johnston.

edit: Although, maybe the Pens are waiting to see what happens with Boudreau.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Reading the nucks' board, it seems like Willie D is Hartley-lite.

Eh, based on last year's playoffs, they are very different coaches. Biggest difference being that Desjardins wants to roll four lines, to a fault, whereas Hartley plays hunches and plays his favourites, also to a fault.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Home, sweet home for the Oilers.
HZqmami.png

Also, the Flames are bad.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm not sure which is better, waking up and seeing that Flames won, or reading the around the league thread at Oilers boards after Flames win.

Flames won because Schneider let in 3 goals on 10 shots :laugh:

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
So the Oilers are back where they feel comfortable in the basement. They might as well start ordering the Matthews jerseys now.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm not sure which is better, waking up and seeing that Flames won, or reading the around the league thread at Oilers boards after Flames win.

Flames won because Schneider let in 3 goals on 10 shots :laugh:
[mod]

To be fair though, Schneider letting in 3 goals on 10 shots was fortunate for us, and very un-Schneider-like. But Brodie's goal was a snipe and Jones' was a blast from between the circles. Not like they were garbage goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
[mod]

To be fair though, Schneider letting in 3 goals on 10 shots was fortunate for us, and very un-Schneider-like. But Brodie's goal was a snipe and Jones' was a blast from between the circles. Not like they were garbage goals.

Don't you know, we only win against slumping and tired teams. And even when we play good, we still play horrible :sarcasm:

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Hamonic might be coming to you guys. He has some family issues and requested a trade to western Canada, including Calgary on the list. If he goes anywhere, and hopefully he doesn't, I hope it's Calgary.

Give me a second, I'll find the tweets.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hamonic might be coming to you guys. He has some family issues and requested a trade to western Canada, including Calgary on the list. If he goes anywhere, and hopefully he doesn't, I hope it's Calgary.

Give me a second, I'll find the tweets.

We found them already. ;)

Check out the Armchair GM thread.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Have you seen Wideman lately? We'd be lucky if we got anything of actual value, let alone Perron.

I'd do this, easily. Perron is the better player with a lesser cap hit. He's an upcoming UFA, but he's struggled a bit this season, so I doubt he asks for more than what Wideman is currently making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad