(Official) Around the NHL Thread 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
EJ has been good but there's a lot of risk to a 7-year deal for a 26-27 (?) year old. You can't really predict how players play is affected after they turn 30

He still has the ability to be better, but I would agree with Hoxville that he's still lacking a bit defensively.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Chara left their game tonight with an injury as well.. Oh boy

Also, hate to rub salt in the wound but I bet they're wishing they had a young top pairing dman to pick up some slack right about now. :sarcasm:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Why would we be looking to trade him?

Seriously, we just lost Brodie to injury, not saying it's serious but it goes to show how quick it can happen, and people are still wanting to trade Wideman?!?

If anything Boston wishes they had the luxury of having the extra guys like we have.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Seriously, we just lost Brodie to injury, not saying it's serious but it goes to show how quick it can happen, and people are still wanting to trade Wideman?!?

If anything Boston wishes they had the luxury of having the extra guys like we have.

Exactly

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would rather keep Raymond.

I wouldn't personally, I don't see him having a spot on the team this year and I'd love to move his contract. I'd also like to see him go somewhere that he will get an opportunity to play and hopefully have a good year. I don't think he's better than Byron, Shore or Granlund and they make less than he does and contribute more IMO.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Raymond for any of those players would be a massive steal for Calgary. Reality is, Raymond is pretty much done here.

Just can't see Treliving waiving any of Byron, Jooris, or Shore so Raymond can skate really fast into the offensive zone, fall down and then give away the puck. Both he and Bollig have been made redundant. Trading either or both would be nice but waivers is the most realistic option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad