Official Andrew Ebbett appreciation thread

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Ebbett was pretty good in his limited time for us last year.

Never understood all the hate for him.

Then again, I never really understood all the hate for Ballard either.

Oh wait, we all love Ballard now right?

Crows*

Ebbett was pretty good in his limited time for us last year.

Never understood all the hate for him.

Then again, I never really understood all the hate for Ballard either.

Oh wait, we all love Ballard now right?

Yeah that's why I don't get all the hate for ebbett. HE's a perfectly fine player that can come in on short notice in the short term and play some minutes and contribute offensively as well. It's not his fault this team is paper thin at centre. He's doing what he can.

Crows*

Yeah that's why I don't get all the hate for ebbett. HE's a perfectly fine player that can come in on short notice in the short term and play some minutes and contribute offensively as well. It's not his fault this team is paper thin at centre. He's doing what he can.

and to add.. he's doing what he can, and it's more than schroeder can give the team right now.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
and to add.. he's doing what he can, and it's more than schroeder can give the team right now.

agreed that he is contributing more right now, the "he's doing what he can" comment is ridiculously dumb though, you think Schroeder wasnt giving all that he could?

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

And Schroeder wasn't doing all he could? He was creating lots of chances with Raymond and Hansen, yet gets demoted because the chances just weren't going in at the time, and is stuck with two plugs on the fourth line.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
And Schroeder wasn't doing all he could? He was creating lots of chances with Raymond and Hansen, yet gets demoted because the chances just weren't going in at the time, and is stuck with two plugs on the fourth line.

Ultimately though, Schroeder played how many games with linemates like Raymond/Hansen/Booth? And ended up with 5 pts...

Ebbett lucked his way into 3 in one night.

Andrew Ebbett is so extremely far from the long-term solution for this team...but i think it also drives home the point that Schroeder is not ready to be a productive NHLer.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
No, just no.

Still, with a 3 pointer, looks out of place and clearly not an NHL'er. I'd love it if he went to a rival and was a regular. Maybe that's the plan all along?

Waive him and he'll be Chicago's third line C after building his value up?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
32 points in his first 51 NHL games.

I win

With Selanne and Ryan on his wings. Though I guess seeing how people are reacting to Hodgson that'd qualify him as a #1 center.

That didn't stop the Ducks from waiving him 2 games into the next season, nor did it stop him from playing in 5 different organizations in the next 2 years.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

The Ebbett hate is more on AV for favouring him over Schreoder and putting him on the PK.

Ebbett belongs in depth 13th forward the way he was last year. nothing more. Even though he got 3 points today he still looks way too slow to be a undersized 5"8 player.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The Ebbett hate is more on AV for favouring him over Schreoder and putting him on the PK.

Ebbett belongs in depth 13th forward the way he was last year. nothing more. Even though he got 3 points today he still looks way too slow to be a undersized 5"8 player.

This.

I give him what he deserves today though, he had a good game.

I still think schreoder is the better player now, and would show it if he was getting played on the second line.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
This thread has changed my opinion about our win tonight... I went from being joyful to just being bitter that Ebbett scored 3 points.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
If a 30 year old ahl player that clears waivers without issue becomes a valuable piece for this team I will then apologize. But its going to take a number of solid games to convince me.

Didn't he also score 2 OT goals before playoffs last year, and av went into playoffs with him replacing Daniel on our first?

Thats a concern for me to with av around.

Thanks a lot Orca, I had almost gotten around to forgetting that our head coach didn't plan for his best goal scorer to come back from a concussion because he had an AHL guy on the 1st line for no discernable reason. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad