Official 9th Baseball ATD Discussion Thread Part II

Oct 18, 2011
Will send my votes in momentarily haven't been able to get on my laptop all week just looking over teams one last time

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Here are the regular season standings for the Junior circuit.

Will post the matchups on Monday around 7am est. In the meantime, enjoy the standings.

1. Cleveland Naps
2. Pittsburgh Pirates
3. St. Louis Maroons
4. Albuquerque Dukes
5. Chicago Whales
6. Detroit Tigers
7. San Francisco Giants
8. Atlanta Braves

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
Well the NL voting was a complete jumble. No one agreed on anything really. One team received 5 first or second places votes and 5 last place votes. That being said, here are the NL standings:

1. Royals
2. Cardinals
3. Monarchs
4. Giants
5. Yankees
6. Angels
7. Jays
8. Bandits

Congrats to the Royals.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Nicely done everyone. Really interesting regular season. Thanks UL and Pwn for taking care of the vote tabulations.

I'm really curious of who the NL team with the extreme split is.

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
Not sure I should post that. Don't want to influence voting on the next rounds. I will post once the playoffs are done, or once they get eliminated.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I predicted five spots exactly right in the AL...and zero in the NL :laugh:

My prediction is the team with the extreme splits finished somewhere in the middle because of it. But I agree with UL not posting it. I'll gladly take third in my first season, hopefully my team wins at least a couple rounds ;)

What made the NL voting so tough was that teams have diametrically different strengths. I felt there were a couple of teams whose strength was clearly offense, a couple whose strength was clearly pitching and a couple who were more balanced but not spectacular in any one area. Too bad Quad Cities has struggled to stay active, I actually felt his roster was a bit better than eighth but in a league as close as this you're going to get dinged on that.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Thank you for the votes everyone. I feel my team has a good balance, but the competition is tough as hell. Some great teams.

Congrats to Cleveland, my choice as well for the AL.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The one I am most surprised about was the LAA. I had them 3rd best out the 16 teams.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I begrudgingly voted for the Naps as number one in the AL as well. UL just isn't fair. Send him to a higher league already, for parity's sake.

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
If you didn't place near the top in the NL, don't feel discouraged entering the playoffs. The voting in the NL was very close for most of the teams so I'm sensing some potential upsets.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
The NL playoffs are going to be brutal. So many different types matching up.

The AL isn't going to be a cakewalk either, but it's going to take a really perfect match-up to knock off one of the top 2 seeds.

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
I begrudgingly voted for the Naps as number one in the AL as well. UL just isn't fair. Send him to a higher league already, for parity's sake.

Thanks man!

I'm surprised at how well my draft turned out considering everyone else turned my strategy to **** by taking so much pitching early on.

I do feel like this was the best draft to date. Only one or two wonky picks in the early rounds, but for the most part everyone nailed it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm really liking Royals this year. Very good team.

Thank you. I liked your team a lot. I like the makeup of a great rotation, elite bullpen and guys that hit well. It's set to win many close games.

My only issue was I'd want to see more power at the #5 spot for you and perhaps a better lefty SP. It's just really tough with the other teams.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So technical question - when you decide rotations in a playoff series, are we going on the premise of a 2-3-2 format, where if you have a four-man rotation everyone pitches on four days' rest with the two built in travel days? Every series is best-of-seven games I presume?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad