Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Unless there is a tough decision to be made i think it’s a no brainer. His dropping down the draft charts could be scouts overthinking things. He was a consensus top 2 a year ago and has been prolific at putting the puck in the net. Flyers would potentially have 2/3 of a potent offensive line with him and Michkov or good depth if they were split up

Should be a no brainer, but I can’t help but read the Greentree scouting report and imagine torts & co. drooling. Big-bodied, north south player, team captain…

Reactions: Hexy4

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Should be a no brainer, but I can’t help but read the Greentree scouting report and imagine torts & co. drooling. Big-bodied, north south player, team captain…
I have a feeling that if the Flyers take a player outside of the more or less consensus top 12 it will be more fit (ie a center, so maybe someone like Hage or Connelly(if he is projected as a C)) rather than drafting for traits. If they are passing over someone like Iginla, Eiserman, one of the Dmen, Catton, Helenius or Lindstrom for someone like Greentree I’d be disappointed.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Some thoughts on Dmen of class 2024:
- I’ve been watching every available shift-by-shift compilations of Zeev Buium. So I’ll be surprised if he fall outside top-5. Personally I’d take him 2nd or 3rd. Probably little bit high, but It is what it is;
- Sorry, but in terms of Parekh don’t see exceptional or elit skills, probably except shooting. Amateur hockey is not just about numbers;
- Yakemchuk: completely disagree with consensus on his IQ issues. In D-zone he reads game on pro-level. But don’t see him as a consistent PP1 quarterback at the NHL level tbh. Personally I would be happy to grab him with our pick. Prime Brett Pesce type of a player;
- Silayev - scored half of his points in first 6-7 games. With his ice time (including PP) and pro-frame he should show more offensive upside. But he didn’t. At least so far. Probably arriving to NA could help - as you know, Russia is not the best place for growing offensive D (Sergachev and Provorov are both improve their offensive side in NA). But right now he’s not a top-10 pick, and personally I’d pass by him with our 1st selection;
- Tbh didn’t see much of Levshunov. But based on what I’ve been watching: too raw defensively, but despite this I’d take him before Silayev;
- Really impressed of improving Dickinson offensive side. In D-1 season he looked like a Brayden Coburn type (which is also very good, prime Coburn was a BEAST defensively), but now… I don’t even know about NHL comparison. Tough to ranking him now, but has a potential to become the 2nd best D of this class in 5-6 years.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
According to "insiders" briere is apparently aggressively looking to move up in the draft......same thing they said last year

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
According to "insiders" briere is apparently aggressively looking to move up in the draft......same thing they said last year
I would assume this means he has a target if it’s true. The impression I got is that between pick 1 and the Flyers pick things are pretty volatile. Depending on the cost to move up I think it’s best to stand pat and grab the leftover player from the top tiers

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I would assume this means he has a target if it’s true. The impression I got is that between pick 1 and the Flyers pick things are pretty volatile. Depending on the cost to move up I think it’s best to stand pat and grab the leftover player from the top tiers
The flyers are looking at the last guy left in the tier twice I can see them moving assets to get their guy in one of them

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Also lack of compete, lazy in DZ. So, seems like he’ll have some troubles with Torts)

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I look at the draft through the lens of a Flyers fan and what their needs are. At this point they need a top center and top defenseman. They need skill a great deal and could use a skilled left winger. They have small skilled defensemen in Cam York, Jamie Drysdale and to a lesser extent Emil Andrae (prospect/suspect). Plus Travis Sanheim who is a tall finesse defenseman. They have a lot of right wingers with good ability. Here is my list which is in a state of flux, especially after 31.

1. Maclin Celebrini – C
2. Ivan Demidov – RW
3. Berkley Catton - C
4. Cayden Lindstrom - C
5. Sam Dickinson - LD
6. Artom Levshunov - RD
7. Zayne Parekh - RD
8. Zeev Buium - LD
9. Carter Yakemchuk - RD
10. Michael Hage -C
11. Tij Iginla – C/RW
12. Konsta Helenius -C/RW
13. Trevor Connelly – LW
14. Anton Silayev -LD
15. Liam Greentree - RW
16. Adam Jiricek - RD
17. Terik Parascak – RW
18. Andrew Basha – LW
19. Luke Misa – C
20. Lucas Pettersson – C
21. Sacha Boisvert - C
22. Charlie Elick -RD
23. Beckett Sennecke – RW
24. Alfons Freij – LD
25. Ryder Ritchie – C/RW
26. Nikita Artamonov – LW/RW
27. Igor Chernyshov – LW
28. Henry Mews – RD
29. Emil Hemming – RW
30. Aaron Kiviharju – LD
31. Jett Luchanko – C
32. Dean Letourneau – C
33. Cole Beaudouin – C
34. Teddy Stiga – LW
35. Leo Sahlin-Wallenius – LD
36. Dominick Badinka – RD
37. Matvei Shuravin – LD
38. Julius Miettinen – C
39. Cole Hutson – LD
40. Tanner Howe – LW
41. Maxim Masse -RW
42. Jesse Pulkkinen – LD
43. John Mustard – LW
44. Tomas Galvas – LD
45. EJ Emery – RD
46. Miguel Marques - RW
47. Christian Humphries – C
48. Kamil Bednarik – C
49. Simon Zether – C
50. Adam Kleber – D
51. Matvei Gridin – RW
52. Adam Jecho - C

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I look at the draft through the lens of a Flyers fan and what their needs are. At this point they need a top center and top defenseman. They need skill a great deal and could use a skilled left winger. They have small skilled defensemen in Cam York, Jamie Drysdale and to a lesser extent Emil Andrae (prospect/suspect). Plus Travis Sanheim who is a tall finesse defenseman. They have a lot of right wingers with good ability. Here is my list which is in a state of flux, especially after 31.

1. Maclin Celebrini – C
2. Ivan Demidov – RW
3. Berkley Catton - C
4. Cayden Lindstrom - C
5. Sam Dickinson - LD
6. Artom Levshunov - RD
7. Zayne Parekh - RD
8. Zeev Buium - LD
9. Carter Yakemchuk - RD
10. Michael Hage -C
11. Tij Iginla – C/RW
12. Konsta Helenius -C/RW