Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Berkeley Catton is the type of center they need. If they can finagle that, it would be a great draft. If they fall into the 12-14 spot post lottery, and Catton, Dickinson, Buium, Levshunov, Eiserman, and Yakemchuk are gone, I would probably go with Hagg. Connelly might work to

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
As long as someone doesn’t jump the Flyers, they are sitting at a pretty sweet spot. Just take the player still available from these 12 IMO

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Buium
Parekh
Silayev
Dickinson
Iginla
Helenius
Eiserman

Yep. My only fear is someone unexpected will drop but Flyer minds will take the high character guy who plays heavy- Greentree. “We took a skill guy last year, so…”

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Yep. My only fear is someone unexpected will drop but Flyer minds will take the high character guy who plays heavy- Greentree. “We took a skill guy last year, so…”
I don't trust this staff to make the smart choice
They just have to trust in fate. When they had the choice between Patrick, Makar, EP, and Heiskanen we all know how that turned out. This will probably be a “let go, and let god” moment and good things often happen when you just go with it. Obviously some players drafted after the Flyers pick will be great and some drafted before will disappoint, but this draft seems like a pretty clear drop off after those twelve players. There are some other guys I’d be “okay” with, but it seems too obvious to not just take the guy remaining. Briere did the obvious thing last draft with Michkov so my fingers are crossed

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
They just have to trust in fate. When they had the choice between Patrick, Makar, EP, and Heiskanen we all know how that turned out. This will probably be a “let go, and let god” moment and good things often happen when you just go with it. Obviously some players drafted after the Flyers pick will be great and some drafted before will disappoint, but this draft seems like a pretty clear drop off after those twelve players. There are some other guys I’d be “okay” with, but it seems too obvious to not just take the guy remaining. Briere did the obvious thing last draft with Michkov so my fingers are crossed

Michkov was a layup that fell to him somehow. He had to actually work for the latter first round pick and there are a lot of doubts over that puck considering who was available

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I don’t really understand all the comments about the flyers scouting staff always going for bigger player.. 2018 they took Farabee, one on the slightest players ranked in the top 15 that year. 2019 they took a sub 6 foot dman with York, 5’8 winger in Brink. Guys like Andrae and Barkey since. Their not adverse to smaller players like people are making it out to be

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
if Eiserman is available would you take him? Briere, yes. Torts, no??
Unless there is a tough decision to be made i think it’s a no brainer. His dropping down the draft charts could be scouts overthinking things. He was a consensus top 2 a year ago and has been prolific at putting the puck in the net. Flyers would potentially have 2/3 of a potent offensive line with him and Michkov or good depth if they were split up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad