Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yeah, if you told me before last draft that we would end up with Michkov and Eiserman I would have thought that’s about as well as things could go. It feels like the Flyers haven’t had a legit “goal scorer” in forever so I’d be content with Eiserman
If you told that to this forum two years ago, the reaction would have been “wow, they actually did the full rebuild?”

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Yeah, if you told me before last draft that we would end up with Michkov and Eiserman I would have thought that’s about as well as things could go. It feels like the Flyers haven’t had a legit “goal scorer” in forever so I’d be content with Eiserman
I would be happy if Eiserman was the pick, I started noticing him last year during the u18 games. He had good numbers but it was more the timing of his goals, he seemed to be the one when a goal was needed he delivered. His knock is defense and while I dont think he is the next Auston Matthews, I do think he is a better Cole Caufield.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Stumbled on this LINES website, with draft rankings. Views?

2024 NHL Mock Draft | NHL Projected Lines

This is certainly a list. It's impressive for anyone to throw someone into a top-69 in April that I haven't heard of before. Riku Helenius is a new one and I'm wondering if they got confused with Konsta who is notably missing? Same with Kim Saaralainen - that could be a mashup of Kim Saarinen and Joona Saarelainen. Jesse Heslop and Kevin He are also brand new appearances on lists for me, which is bold this late.

There are also some misspelled names and overall bizarre rankings. Not sure I'd trust whoever put this list together.

Reactions: Larry44

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This is certainly a list. It's impressive for anyone to throw someone into a top-69 in April that I haven't heard of before. Riku Helenius is a new one and I'm wondering if they got confused with Konsta who is notably missing? Same with Kim Saaralainen - that could be a mashup of Kim Saarinen and Joona Saarelainen. Jesse Heslop and Kevin He are also brand new appearances on lists for me, which is bold this late.

There are also some misspelled names and overall bizarre rankings. Not sure I'd trust whoever put this list together.
Thanks, I was wondering. Also, every scouting report seems to be glowing, which is a red flag.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

36 year old Riku Helenius did go 15th overall... almost 20 years ago aha.

Heslop is probably a 4th rounder or so.
He is actually slightly interesting. Would not shock me if he went inside 3rd, but top 69 is a bit rich I think.

• Haha
Reactions: Larry44 and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Odds of all of that happening are right up there with the Flyers firing Torts
Look at it this way, Big, over the past few days:
- Detroit tied the Canadiens within the last 2 minutes of their game and won in OT twice
- Washington beat Boston and the Flyers (albeit on a gift ENG)
- Pittsburgh beat Nashville
- The Islanders beat the Rangers and New Jersey

iu

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
I can see the wild winning game 82,
BPA for us, could be either Carter Yakenchuck,RD, Calgary Hitmen.
He is an older guy, just missing the cutoff in 23. He’s a big hitter, pm. Guy. Power forward, playing defence. He is highly offensive, he can learn to be more defensive. Or Tij Iginla, C, Kelowna, WHL.
Then with pick 2 round 1, Artamonov, mhl, khl, winger.
Pick 51, Yegor Surin.

Reactions: BernieParent

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I can see the wild winning game 82,
BPA for us, could be either Carter Yakenchuck,RD, Calgary Hitmen.
He is an older guy, just missing the cutoff in 23. He’s a big hitter, pm. Guy. Power forward, playing defence. He is highly offensive, he can learn to be more defensive. Or Tij Iginla, C, Kelowna, WHL.
Then with pick 2 round 1, Artamonov, mhl, khl, winger.
Pick 51, Yegor Surin.

Wild winning or losing does not matter either way. They hold the tiebraker over the Flyers so Flyers are locked in at 12.

I doubt CBJ transfer the 2nd rounder (pick #36) this year. They probably bet on being better next year and hope it is more like pick 40-45 then.

Reactions: CanuckistanFlyerfan

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I mean:

Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom
Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson

I think are the 6 guys pretty much guaranteed to be gone by ~9-10.

Then if Iginla goes to Flames at pick #8-9?

That is 7 guys gone.

And:

Catton, Helenius
Buium, Parekh

Left with only 4 picks likely ahead of the Flyers.

Now, ofc the first 11 off the board could be the 11 listed here!

But:
Greentree, Eiserman, Brandsegg-Nygard
Yakemchuk

would be 4 guys who I think between them? 1 might be be taken ~8-11 alongside Iginla... and in turn one of likely Helenius, Buium or Parekh would be there. (I think Catton might fall but would be crazy if he fell past 10)
Nice assessment here. Thanks. Your top six is going to be off the board fairly fast. However I think that the Flyers are going to catch some luck here with guys drifting down below their value.
The heat in Calgary is pretty strong to take Iginla if he is there when they draft. Buium is becoming a real hot commodity after Denver has won the Frozen Four. Parekh just scores too much for a team in the top ten not to take him. So using your assessment would mean that the Flyers have a shot at one of Catton, Helenius, Greentree, Eiserman, Brandsegg-Nygard and Yakemchuk.
My take would be Eiserman but that would cause Tortorella to have a shit hemorrhage. Too much offense and not enough D. Helenius would be my guess. The rumor is that Briere wants to make the first choice and will defer to Flahr after that. Hopefully Danny will draft Eiserman and let Flahr have his size with Letourneau later in the round.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I wonder if there are any teams in the top 8 that would have an interest in Konecny. I like Konecny, but paying a 30 goal scoring forward 10m a year will be another in a long line of shit contracts in the NHL.

Snagging a top 8 player in this draft and another first in the next 2 years would go a long way to building some talent around Michov.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
I wonder if there are any teams in the top 8 that would have an interest in Konecny. I like Konecny, but paying a 30 goal scoring forward 10m a year will be another in a long line of shit contracts in the NHL.

Snagging a top 8 player in this draft and another first in the next 2 years would go a long way to building some talent around Michov.
I only see teams who feel they are on the cusp or disappointed like Seattle or the Sens being interested. He wont be traded, I don't believe the Flyers are really rebuilding, otherwise Laughton would have been gone last draft or at the TDL.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I'm glad that I distanced myself from the Flyers this season. It's been such an easier ride than falling for any of the what-ifs and but-maybe BS.

It's been easier to remain optimistic that we will be able to contend in a few years- I'm excited to see what Danny B will do this off-season, I think he did great work at the TDL.

I could care less who is coaching the team until we get Michkov over here.

LET'S GO FIND SOME GEMS DANNY!

MAKE WAVES, NOT LONG TERM COMMITMENTS TO BAD PLAYERS!

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Any opinions on Dean Letourneau with the Florida pick? Seems like a possible guy they would like

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can we get to #2 with picks #12, 13 and 30?
Probably. I wouldn’t though and historically teams don’t trade top 5 picks so it’s not really worth thinking about.

Any opinions on Dean Letourneau with the Florida pick? Seems like a possible guy they would like
Taking prep players in the first round is pretty much lighting a draft pick on fire these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad