Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Anyone have thoughts on Teddy Stiga? Without having watched him play, his profile seems like another quintessential example of a player who doesn’t get any hype because he’s “small” but will go to college, put up gaudy numbers, make it in the NHL, and everyone will wonder how he didn’t go higher in the draft. Wondering if he’s an option with the Panthers’ pick.

Hage and Stiga seems like it could be a good haul as far as maximizing your odds of finding the underhyped talent with the two picks we have.
He's good. I've got him at 22 right now. I think he'll be a middle six guy but he'll be a steal if he goes in the 2nd/3rd round. I think we're probably gonna take a C with that Panthers pick though.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Idk looks like there are a lot of big D with questionable skills in this draft. :sarcasm:
Letourneau has Flyers written all over him bbgirl. I guess it does depend on how the board falls though. I'll be there to hold your hand if Parekh falls and we pass on him.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Letourneau has Flyers written all over him bbgirl. I guess it does depend on how the board falls though. I'll be there to hold your hand if Parekh falls and we pass on him.
That would be JOB and Ratcliffe rolled into one. :laugh:

I feel like they would target Sennecke too. He looked decent the little I saw. You like him?

Reactions: BigToe

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Any chance if we pick as high as 12 do we have a chance at Catton? I know a lot of people have him top 10, but man that would be sexy
There is a half decent chance of picking 11-12 if this choke job continues. Would be a lovely outcome

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

It is really crazy to me watching him in MHL play-offs to see people having him as the #2 guy in this draft... odds are that he wont end up being one of the best ~5 Dmen taken in this draft in 5-10 years tbh.

Now, maybe he becomes a better passer, improves his puck-handling skills and thinks game quicker in OZ! But otherwise I dont see a pathway to him being a legit 1D... or likely even a #2.

He is more likely to end up as Jamie Oleksiak of the last ~4 years than Hedman in my eyes.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Maybe the hockey gods will reward the Flyers for overachieving this season and we’ll win the lottery..either way I think they’ll be able to get someone really promising

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
This is my composite ranking from 19 different Draft "Gurus." Players listed here are in at least 4 gurus lists (Harrison Brunicke and Anthony Cristoforo are the guys with only 4) The rest are on 7 or more lists. The top 27 are on 17 or more lists (some of the lists only ranked 32 players).
RankFirstLastPosTeam
1MacklinCelebriniCBoston U
2IvanDemidovRWSKA St Pete
3SamDickensonLHDLondon
4ColeEisermanLWUSNDTP
5CaydenLindstromCMedicine Hat
6ArtyomLevshunovRHDMichigan State
7BerkleyCattonCSpokane
8AntonSilayevLHDTorpedo Novogrod
9KonstaHeleniusCJukirit
10ZayneParekhRHDSaginaw
11ZeevBuiumDUSNDTP
12AdamJiricekRHDPlezn
13MichaelBrandseeg-NygardRWMora
14TijIginliaCKelowna
15CarterYakemchuckRHDCalgary
16TrevorConnellyC/LWTri City
17LiamGreentreeRWWindsor
18IgorChernyshovLWDynamo Moskow
19EmilHemmingRWTPS
20SachaBoisvertCMuskegan
21AronKiviharjuLHDTPS
22RyderRitchieRWPrince Albert
23AndrewBashaLWMedicine Hat
24HenryMewsRHDOttawa
25MichaelHageRWChicago
26BecketSenneckeRWOshawa
27NikitaArtamonovLW/RWTorpedo Novogrod
28MaximMasseRWChicoutimi
29CharlieElickRHDBrandon
30TerikParascakRWPrince George
31LukeMisaCMississauga
32TannerHoweC/LWRegina
33Eric JEmeryRHDUSNDTP
34MatveiShuravinLDCSKA
35LeoSahlin WalleniusLDVjaxo
36ColeHutsonLHDUSNDTP
37AlfonsFreijLHDVaxjo
38MatveiGridinRWMuskegon
39JessePulkkinenLHDJYP
40LucasPetterssonCModo
41JettLuchankoCGuelph
42MiguelMarquesRWLethbridge
43VeetiVaisanenLHDKookoo
44DominikBadinkaRHDMalmo
45JohnMustardFWDWaterloo
46AdamJechoRWTaapara
47ColeBeaudoinCBarrie
48AnthonyCristoforoRHDWindsor
49DeanLetourneauCSt Andrews
50TomasGalvasLHDLiberc
51DaniilUstinkovLHDZSC
52YegorSurinCYarasloval
53SimonZetherCRogle
54MarekVanackerLWBrantford
55HarrisonBrunickeDKamloops
56WillSkahanLHDUSNDTP
57LeonMuggliDZug
58StianSolbergLHDValeranga
59ChristianHumphriesCUSNDTP
60KamilBednarikCUSNDTP

Might as well pay attention to the draft now that the season is cooked. We may be looking at the #12 pick at this point.

Maybe the hockey gods will reward the Flyers for overachieving this season and we’ll win the lottery..either way I think they’ll be able to get someone really promising
Getting a top 5 pick would be really nice.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
This is my composite ranking from 19 different Draft "Gurus." Players listed here are in at least 4 gurus lists (Harrison Brunicke and Anthony Cristoforo are the guys with only 4) The rest are on 7 or more lists. The top 27 are on 17 or more lists (some of the lists only ranked 32 players).
RankFirstLastPosTeam
1MacklinCelebriniCBoston U
2IvanDemidovRWSKA St Pete
3SamDickensonLHDLondon
4ColeEisermanLWUSNDTP
5CaydenLindstromCMedicine Hat
6ArtyomLevshunovRHDMichigan State
7BerkleyCattonCSpokane
8AntonSilayevLHDTorpedo Novogrod
9KonstaHeleniusCJukirit
10ZayneParekhRHDSaginaw
11ZeevBuiumDUSNDTP
12AdamJiricekRHDPlezn
13MichaelBrandseeg-NygardRWMora
14TijIginliaCKelowna
15CarterYakemchuckRHDCalgary
16TrevorConnellyC/LWTri City
17LiamGreentreeRWWindsor
18IgorChernyshovLWDynamo Moskow
19EmilHemmingRWTPS
20SachaBoisvertCMuskegan
21AronKiviharjuLHDTPS
22RyderRitchieRWPrince Albert
23AndrewBashaLWMedicine Hat
24HenryMewsRHDOttawa
25MichaelHageRWChicago
26BecketSenneckeRWOshawa
27NikitaArtamonovLW/RWTorpedo Novogrod
28MaximMasseRWChicoutimi
29CharlieElickRHDBrandon
30TerikParascakRWPrince George
31LukeMisaCMississauga
32TannerHoweC/LWRegina
33Eric JEmeryRHDUSNDTP
34MatveiShuravinLDCSKA
35LeoSahlin WalleniusLDVjaxo
36ColeHutsonLHDUSNDTP
37AlfonsFreijLHDVaxjo
38MatveiGridinRWMuskegon
39JessePulkkinenLHDJYP
40LucasPetterssonCModo
41JettLuchankoCGuelph
42MiguelMarquesRWLethbridge
43VeetiVaisanenLHDKookoo
44DominikBadinkaRHDMalmo
45JohnMustardFWDWaterloo
46AdamJechoRWTaapara
47ColeBeaudoinCBarrie
48AnthonyCristoforoRHDWindsor
49DeanLetourneauCSt Andrews
50TomasGalvasLHDLiberc
51DaniilUstinkovLHDZSC
52YegorSurinCYarasloval
53SimonZetherCRogle
54MarekVanackerLWBrantford
55HarrisonBrunickeDKamloops
56WillSkahanLHDUSNDTP
57LeonMuggliDZug
58StianSolbergLHDValeranga
59ChristianHumphriesCUSNDTP
60KamilBednarikCUSNDTP

Might as well pay attention to the draft now that the season is cooked. We may be looking at the #12 pick at this point.

Getting a top 5 pick would be really nice.
Listening to Wheeler on the Athletic podcast, he was gushing over Parekh- chance to be special, among the best offensive Dmen he’s seen, etc..

Parekh or Buium followed by Hage or Sennecke with the Panthers pick would be dream scenario for me

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
He should not fall that far!

I think it's more than Sale, after this whole year, still seems to be pretty middling and that's what I'm afraid of with Eiserman. At some point, he needs to trend up or else things might not look so good (more post draft than anything).

Also, if Parekh or Jiricek are there, that's pretty good. I think one of the possible saving graces might be Iginla falling somehow and that would be outstanding.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think it's more than Sale, after this whole year, still seems to be pretty middling and that's what I'm afraid of with Eiserman. At some point, he needs to trend up or else things might not look so good (more post draft than anything).

Also, if Parekh or Jiricek are there, that's pretty good. I think one of the possible saving graces might be Iginla falling somehow and that would be outstanding.

With it looking like the Flyers are most likely to pick 12th right now (2-2-0, 1-3-0 and 0-4-0 will all likely mean they pick 9-12th)...

I think there will be some excellent prospects available when the Flyers pick.

IF they pick 12-13th?

Celebrini, Catton, Lindstrom, Helenius
Demidov,
Dickinson, Levshunov, Silayev

will all very likely be gone... that is 8 guys.

Eiserman, Iginla, Greentree, MBN, Connelly
Parekh, Buium, Yakemchuk, Jiricek

is another 9 guys who I think a lot of teams inside pick 12 will "think" about. Only 3/9 will be gone before #12.

I just hope one of Parekh or Buium make it tbh... I guess a 50:50 chance one does.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am so f***ing glad the Sharks ended up with the worst record. I really want them to take Celebrini over f***ing Chicago. f*** Chicago.

He's definitely joining Bedard in Chicago.

Gary-Bettman-smile.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have taken even a cursory look at a grand total of like 4 players, but the idea of Parekh and Buium being 10 and 11 on a consensus board does not exactly align with the idea of a weak draft.

(I know weak/strong is about the top handful of players and essentially holds no meaningful value as a term. It's just mind-bending from the outside.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad