Confirmed with Link: Official 2023 Training Camp discussion - CAMPS OVER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
That leaves us room for a call up, wonder who it will be?
I’d probably prefer a Dman as Gio is going to need games off if he is going to be effective later in the year
I'll likely be proven wrong, but assuming McMann clears, we'll have
F: McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, Abruzzese, Steeves, Gambrell
D: Benoit, Lagesson, Lajoie

All able to move up and down, all having seen NHL ice last year, plus the rest of the ELC prospects.

I would suspect we see a lot of movement with that spot rather than semi-permanent 21st man.

Reactions: SprDaVE and cyris

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'll likely be proven wrong, but assuming McMann clears, we'll have
F: McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, Abruzzese, Steeves, Gambrell
D: Benoit, Lagesson, Lajoie

All able to move up and down, all having seen NHL ice last year, plus the rest of the ELC prospects.

I would suspect we see a lot of movement with that spot rather than semi-permanent 21st man.
I think after 30 days they need to clear waivers again to go back down on a normal call-up.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think after 30 days they need to clear waivers again to go back down on a normal call-up.
The way I understand it is that they have a cumulative 30 days on an NHL roster or 10 NHL games before waivers apply again, not just 30 calendar days from when they past through. So if we just need spare bodies and noone seizes a job they could be rotated through at 5-6 games/ 15 days a piece to maintain flexibility.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Knies only having two years on his ELC could be beneficial. If he plays on the 3rd line this year, his counting stats may not be amazing. He'll be eligible for an extension next summer. Hopefully they can get him locked up long-term at a reasonable AAV, then you can put him with Matthews/Marner and watch his numbers explode.

We have a history of doing the opposite, putting guys in their best possible positions to rack up stats before their payday. Like we played Zaitsev a ton on the PP in his rookie year. He put up 0 PP points for the rest of his Leafs career, but we paid him $4.5 million because he put up points in his rookie year.
I understand the thought process, but when you're a cup contending team, you play players in the position that helps us win the most.

A rookie on a rebuilding team? That's a different question. However, I'd still prefer a player is put in the situation that's best for their development rather than a position that is expected to stagnate their offensive game.

Not being able to afford an RFA contract extension is a better problem than having an RFA that hasn't developed due to lack of opportunities. They're an RFA, you can always trade them for valuable pieces if you can't afford to keep them.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No i get that, i don't think hes very good. I was moreso wondering why waive him now not yesterday,
Injured and I believe they needed to max LTIR space so they had to keep him on the roster as long as possible to accrue enough cap to be as close to the cap limit as possible.

Reactions: kb and Gallagbi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad