Official 2017 World Junior Championships Thread (Myers out w/ concussion) #2

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Congrats to the USA. Fantastic game by both teams.

Parsons goes to 22-0 in high pressured games. Crazy!

Great experience for Hart...will serve him well for next year.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
I can't put in to words how stupid the ****ing shootout is. A shootout shouldn't decide a beer league game let alone the World Junior tournament.

Congrats USA.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Shootouts should never end games like this. Even being on the winning end I feel that way for sure.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just noticed....the SO goal also counts as a goal against toward Hart and his SV%.

Officially credited with 31 saves in 36 shots .861 SV%.

Seems dumb.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Really fun tournament to watch. No real overly dominant players. First time i have seen most of the Flyers prospects play that were competing.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
All those feels for Hart :(

As an 18 year this was such a great learning experience. Coming back from a rough start and then to play so well in the semi's and then OT and SO... If he's healthy next year what a huge bonus for Team Canada for him to be back and potentially in net. Jitters are the biggest problem for all these young goalies hopefully Hart will not have any in 2018. Great game and congrats to US (even though the we had the better chances;)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just noticed....the SO goal also counts as a goal against toward Hart and his SV%.

Officially credited with 31 saves in 36 shots .861 SV%.

Seems dumb.

It seems dumb because it is lol

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Shootout, boring.

Im quite surprised that Hart didn't slam the door today with 4 goals to back him. Not saying he had much chance for the most part, but there's always a chance.

Congrats to Team USA on their gold, I didn't see a whole lot of their games but White was impressive on the ice.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Dubois getting crushed on the main boards. I love this tournament but some (a lot of) people take it too far. He wasn't good, but sometimes guys would be better off not getting picked for the team than go and not meet expectations. On the flip side a guy like Chabot will be a legend around here for a loooong time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dubois getting crushed on the main boards. I love this tournament but some (a lot of) people take it too far. He wasn't good, but sometimes guys would be better off not getting picked for the team than go and not meet expectations. On the flip side a guy like Chabot will be a legend around here for a loooong time.

Yeah people tend to lose perspective.

This tournament wont define a player like Dubois' career.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Dubois getting crushed on the main boards. I love this tournament but some (a lot of) people take it too far. He wasn't good, but sometimes guys would be better off not getting picked for the team than go and disappoint. On the flip side a guy like Chabot will be a legend around here for a loooong time.

It's funny. Dubois missed that gloooorious chance. We all know that. But I thought he really played well tonight. He got better as the tournament went on and he moved down the lineup. He's an 18 year old with a summer birthday. It's not like he won't be back next year to do better. There are plenty of 18 year olds who don't do great. Dubois has just had a disappointing season as a whole and the fact he was reached on at 3rd just blows this out of proportion. Tyson Jost, another 18 year old going to be back to lead them next year, faded as the tournament went on after a rocket start. Isn't that when he went on Strome's line and Dubois moved off? And Marner had trouble with him last year. A theme perhaps?

Chabot will definitely be a legend. But to be fair, he is really really damn good and will be a good NHLer. Has all the qualities. It's just that a lot of these prospect window shoppers didn't know it. Chabot also happens to be 18 months older. People and their ****ing histrionics.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's funny. Dubois missed that gloooorious chance. We all know that. But I thought he really played well tonight. He got better as the tournament went on and he moved down the lineup. He's an 18 year old with a summer birthday. It's not like he won't be back next year to do better. There are plenty of 18 year olds who don't do great. Dubois has just had a disappointing season as a whole and the fact he was reached on at 3rd just blows this out of proportion. Tyson Jost, another 18 year old going to be back to lead them next year, faded as the tournament went on after a rocket start. Isn't that when he went on Strome's line and Dubois moved off? And Marner had trouble with him last year. A theme perhaps?

Chabot will definitely be a legend. But to be fair, he is really really damn good and will be a good NHLer. Has all the qualities. It's just that a lot of these prospect window shoppers didn't know it. Chabot also happens to be 18 months older. People and their ****ing histrionics.

So Strome is a line killer. Schenn 2.0? :laugh:

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Holy that Hart interview was tough to watch. Poor kid, looks like he's 16. He barely/if that held it together with huge red puffy eyes talkin about how hard it was to lose that way. Gotta feel terrible for the lil skipper but he's got a lot of passion and fire. He is still good enough to come back next year and not be denied gold netminding for Team Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: