Official 2017 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
thanks, with their play of late and schedule, 3-8-1 is definitely plausible. top 5 pick would be great and give us a realistic shot at winning the lottery as opposed to 8 or 9...I would love it if the flyers could add Nico or Patrick in this draft... either one would be the missing link.

Me too, except that I really prefer Nico massively (Patrick's injuries scare me). If I can find a stream for it that day, I am going to be watching and waiting for that little rat-faced dwarf idiot to get that index card and say "We have a trade ..."

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Not really. They'll be lucky to get 2 points out of the 4 game road trip that follows.

Just saying... Carolina and Florida are our biggest competition to move up in the draft. A loss Sunday would be very helpful

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They are going to pick top 10... and should get a really good forward.

8-10 is most likely realistically.

Hischier, Patrick, Vilardi and Mittelstadt will be gone by 8 IMO.
Likely 1 Dman (Heiskanen/Liljegren) will be too.

by 10 Tippett and another Dman (Heiskanen/Liljegren/Makar) will be gone.

That leaves Tolvanen, Pettersson, Andersson, Glass, Nečas, Yamamoto and Rasmussen. Likely 3-4 are there even at #10.

That is 13-14 guys. And I very much doubt they take one of the ~3 Dmen who likely go in that range.

Worst case crazy scenario (v.unlikely... 1 Dman at least goes top 10) is the top 9 is 9/10 of:

Hischier, Patrick, Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Tippett, Tolvanen, Pettersson, Andersson, Glass and Nečas... and that would still leave them with one of them on the board at #10.

Last edited:

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
They are going to pick top 10... and should get a really good forward.

8-10 is most likely realistically.

Hischier, Patrick, Vilardi and Mittelstadt will be gone by 8 IMO.
Likely 1 Dman (Heiskanen/Liljegren) will be too.

by 10 Tippett and another Dman (Heiskanen/Liljegren/Makar) will be gone.

That leaves Tolvanen, Pettersson, Andersson, Glass, Nečas, Yamamoto and Rasmussen. Likely 3-4 are there even at #10.

That is 13-14 guys. And I very much doubt they take one of the ~3 Dmen who likely go in that range.

Worst case crazy scenario (v.unlikely... 1 Dman at least goes top 10) is the top 9 is 9/10 of:

Hischier, Patrick, Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Tippett, Tolvanen, Pettersson, Andersson, Glass and Nečas... and that would still leave them with one of them on the board at #10.

How would you separate them in tiers?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How would you separate them in tiers?

Just the forwards?

Hischier, Patrick
Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Pettersson
Nečas, Tolvanen, Andersson, Tippett, Glass
Yamamoto, Kostin, Rasmussen
Lind, Suzuki, Lipanov, Vesalainen, Poehling, Ratcliffe
Popugaev, Boqvist, Bowers, Comtois, Anderson-Dolan, Robertson... maybe 1-2 more.

Would probably be my top 6 tiers I think, these are the guys I can see going 1st round. Tough though... might put Yamamoto in that one too... but then would maybe split it again!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hischier, Patrick

Vilardi, Pettersson
Mittelstadt, Glass, Necas, Yamamoto
Tolvanen, Andersson
Tippett

Poehling, Thomas, Rasmussen, Lipanov, Suzuki, JAD

Comtois, Robertson, Ratcliffe, Bowers, Lind, Boqvist, Vesalainen

Pretty much how I personally see the top 30-35 regarding forwards at the moment. As Appleyard alluded to in his other post, I do see a divide around 13/14 perhaps; then it gets more open. That's really the lowest I wanted to pick to hopefully ensure one of my/our favorites. Pretty much worst case then would be Tolvanen/Andersson, and that's a pretty good worst case. But if they can pick more like 10th (I'm personally less certain they go higher than that), it's just upping the chances of getting a higher tier player, or making it easier to trade up for one if need be. Not to forget, we can possibly pick 40-ish too. It's not hard to see a few of these guys being available there. There really isn't a ton of separation in that late 1st-40 where it could easily happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad