Oct 12, 2012
Important games tonight in our playoff push

Predators @ Sabres - Sabres lead 3-2 with 5 minutes left in the 2nd
Oilers @ Blues - tied 1-1 7:30 remaining in the 1st
Wild @ Jets - 1-1 9 minutes left in the 1st
Kings @ Flames - 7pm MT start

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sabres still lead the Preds 3-2 after 2 periods.
Oilers/Blues still knotted at 1 after 1.
Wild now lead 3-1 after 1.
Kings/Flames will begin momentarily.

Aug 3, 2010
Pretty sure there's an error in the OP as the Eastern Conference Wild Card table is currently the Western Conference Wild Card.

The playoffs are already hard enough to qualify for without having to battle another 10 teams just to make the wildcard...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pretty sure there's an error in the OP as the Eastern Conference Wild Card table is currently the Western Conference Wild Card.

The playoffs are already hard enough to qualify for without having to battle another 10 teams just to make the wildcard...
:laugh: thanks Sig, it's fixed now.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
How do you calculate "win percentage"?
Flames and Oilets have same amount of wins in the same amount of games. According to your post,Edmonton has a higher win percentage. That makes zero sense.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How do you calculate "win percentage"?
Flames and Oilets have same amount of wins in the same amount of games. According to your post,Edmonton has a higher win percentage. That makes zero sense.

It makes perfect sense. Win% is percentage of points won, same way the NHL calculates it. With the stupid 3 point games it is the only way to calculate a win%

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
It's really point percentage, not win percentage. If the NHL calls it Win %, I think that's silly.

I agree I don't like the term Win %. I think they use that because it is used in other sports like baseball or basketball.

Can't believe I am a Leaf fan for the evening. I am trying to think the last time I was....I was thinking hard and really can't think of a game I wanted the Leafs to win (as a Flames fan who doesn't care for the Leafs). I guess in a way I want the Leafs to beat our division rivals when they do play.....but not like tonight

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Looks like the blues are going to lose again pending a last minute miracle.

Come on Leafs make this a great night.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I loathe the Jets and really like the Blues, I have strong mixed emotions

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Jets aren't making the playoffs; this just hurts their draft position. This is a good result.

Not sure how a Flames fan could feel anything but happy with the Jets spanking the Blues. Now a 5 point gap (St. Louis has a game in hand) from missing the playoffs.

I have no allegiances with any other team or players in this league :laugh: Flames 1st.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Not sure how a Flames fan could feel anything but happy with the Jets spanking the Blues. Now a 5 point gap (St. Louis has a game in hand) from missing the playoffs.

I have no allegiances with any other team or players in this league :laugh: Flames 1st.

They beat the Flames in 87 when I was but a child.

Public enemy #2 for me ever since (behind the Oilers) until they left.

I hate them again. It was like being happy when Edmonton won to do us a favour - still a bit icky feeling.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I hate them again. It was like being happy when Edmonton won to do us a favour - still a bit icky feeling.
Exactly, except for me the Blues are my second favorite team, so I would prefer to see both the Flames and Blues in the playoffs and I hate Winnipeg more than I do the Oilers

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

:dunno:
I'd fist pump if Edmonton scored with 1 second left in a game to eliminate the LA Kings and Jarome from the playoffs if it meant Calgary clinched :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames, despite their point lead against LA, are by no means a lock for playoffs at this point. St. Louis falling out of it can only help our chances.

True, but have you seen St. Louis' schedule? It's by far the easiest in the league. Of course, they can't take anything for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad