Official 2015 Tank Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
This thing is, they don't even have to out-tank us. For them to finish 27th or even 28th is very reasonable. From there they'll be in a decent position to win #1, which scares the **** outta me

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This thing is, they don't even have to out-tank us. For them to finish 27th or even 28th is very reasonable. From there they'll be in a decent position to win #1, which scares the **** outta me

The thing about the Leafs is that they will ALWAYS find a way to disappoint their fans. I'm practically expecting them to go on a completely meaningless 10 game winning streak at the end of the season and finish with the ~10th overall pick or so.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Why do you have that feeling? Watching this team attempt to play hockey, what tells you that they aren't the worst team? Everything from advanced statistics, to actually watching them play should show you they are bad, really really bad.

Reality has no place in crazy town.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Why? A McDavid/Eichel border rivalry would be amazing.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

So a percentage of 9.5% and 11.5% (which are decreased odds compared to the old system) scares you? They would have worse odds than us of winning it. Does "Buffalo-Luck" have anything to do with it?:sarcasm:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Why? A McDavid/Eichel border rivalry would be amazing.

Because Im in the centre of Leaf Land, and I would never hear the end of it of them not only snatching the first pick from us after a season from hell, but also having McDavid in our division, bringing a frequent bottom-dweller to supremacy and potentially torching us a few times a season. Rivalry would be fun and all, but it makes a division rival WAY better immediately.

OkimLom said:
So a percentage of 9.5% and 11.5% (which are decreased odds compared to the old system) scares you? They would have worse odds than us of winning it. Does "Buffalo-Luck" have anything to do with it?

Yeah it scares me. I understand the odds are on my side, but from them having an outstanding first half, to them having just as good of a chance as anyone (aside from us) to win it scares me. Plus I like McDavid, as a person and a player. I don't want to be forced to hate him just because he plays for the leafs.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It's not crazy. McDavid/Eichel across the boarder from each other would be an excellent story. I would just hate rooting against McDavid.

It's totally crazy to prefer to see our division rival land a franchise altering player.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Sorry, I find the idea of a major border rivalry to be extremely appealing. McDavid going to a non-hockey market or Edmonton is incredibly bleh.

Imagine Sabre vs. Leafs being the center of the hockey universe? It would be glorious to have that kind of rivalry.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It's totally crazy to prefer to see our division rival land a franchise altering player.

Personally, I'd prefer to get McDavid, the leafs trade their 1st rounder for something stupid, and we sweep them every year for the next 25 years or so.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Sorry, I find the idea of a major border rivalry to be extremely appealing. McDavid going to a non-hockey market or Edmonton is incredibly bleh.

Imagine Sabre vs. Leafs being the center of the hockey universe? It would be glorious to have that kind of rivalry.

Sorry, I'm a buffalo sabres fan. I don't care about the center of the universe, the media/marketing, or anything other than building a team that wins cups. Preferring that possibly the best player ever land with our rivals is crazy stupid

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Personally, I'd prefer to get McDavid, the leafs trade their 1st rounder for something stupid, and we sweep them every year for the next 25 years or so.

Same here. I want a McEichel, and I want the other one as far away as possible.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think a lot of younger fans (myself included) just don't feel the hatred for the Maple Leafs. There hasn't been any spark to that rivalry in years. Do I want McDavid in the division? No. But if the choice is there or Carolina (who I wish didn't exist), I'd pick Toronto.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

NO THANK YOU. It's already annoying see Buffalo fans selling tickets to Leaf fans and seeing them takeover the arena. Imagine what they would do to see McDavid.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Sorry, I'm a buffalo sabres fan. I don't care about the center of the universe, the media/marketing, or anything other than building a team that wins cups. Preferring that possibly the best player ever land with our rivals is crazy stupid

this. I could care less about a big rivalry that makes media outlets go crazy. I would just rather him go out West, the leafs continue to suck, and the Buffalo Sabres become dominant in the division.

Stokes, you do realize you're suggesting you'd be ok with the leafs getting immensely better, and in turn, hurting the sabres chances to win a Stanley Cup for the next 20 years, just because the rivalry would be fun?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think a lot of younger fans (myself included) just don't feel the hatred for the Maple Leafs. There hasn't been any spark to that rivalry in years. Do I want McDavid in the division? No. But if the choice is there or Carolina (who I wish didn't exist), I'd pick Toronto.

It's not the team I hate, it's the FANS I hate, and I don't want them to see them get anymore incentive to come see their Leafs vs Sabres games. The Toronto fans are MUCH MUCH louder than Buffalo fans. As the home team you lose that disadvantage if your crowd is close to 50/50.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

you don't live in Canada do you? Every non-leaf fan in Canada, young or old, HATES the leafs. They are loved or hated here, there's no in between. Even if the rivalry hasn't been a spark, they still take over our building more than anyone else, which is just annoying. McDavid would add to that big time

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
this. I could care less about a big rivalry that makes media outlets go crazy. I would just rather him go out West, the leafs continue to suck, and the Buffalo Sabres become dominant in the division.

Stokes, you do realize you're suggesting you'd be ok with the leafs getting immensely better, and in turn, hurting the sabres chances to win a Stanley Cup for the next 20 years, just because the rivalry would be fun?

You have to beat the best to be the best. I couldn't think of a more fun and interesting way to do it. I mean, I'd prefer McDavid, but out of the losing the lottery ideas, this would be great.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I live in "Leafs Nation".. The most obnoxious fan base in professional sports. I don't know that Toronto can appreciate a player like McDavid.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You have to beat the best to be the best. I couldn't think of a more fun and interesting way to do it. I mean, I'd prefer McDavid, but out of the losing the lottery ideas, this would be great.

You win the championship and are considered champions regardless who you beat. If it's an easy road, then so be it.

You know what's fun? Winning games and Championships. After this year, that's all I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad