Official 2015 Tank Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Are we really worried about Arizona anymore? They are 11 points up with only 30 games left... We have 31 points in 52 games...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Are we really worried about Arizona anymore? They are 11 points up with only 30 games left... We have 31 points in 52 games...

There's always potential for them to go "boom" after this impending foresale we keep hearing about. Also they're no less a threat than Carolina who is only a bit behind them with a game in hand. One Sabres winning streak paired with either of those team on a losing streak and they'll be mighty close.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I cannot wait until we clinch last place. Will be the greatest moment since the 05-07 seasons. A guarantee of a franchise changing centre.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
And it goes to OT, 3 point night, best possible outcome. Only thing left to root for is an overtime, not SO, win for ROW purposes.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Beautiful regulation loss tonight. Let's make this home stand a 0 point endeavor :laugh: Each loss in regulation is one step closer to ensuring we get one of the two future superstar Hall of Fame 100+ point center. I think Eichel or McDavid whoever we end up with will break all of #11s franchise records here. McEichel will go down as probably the greatest Sabre to ever play for the franchise if we win at least one cup with him here. Only 30 more games guys. Let's get 20 or less points out of the 60 possible points and he is ours.

We only need to worry about Edmonton (though a winning streak by us or Edmonton and a losing streak for Carolina could change things...). We are either going to get Eichel or we get screwed and get Hanifin. It is imperative we finish 30th. The future of this team being a cup winner in the future solely rests on if we finish in 30th or not. If we fulfill our destiny and finish 30th, Eichel/Reinhart will go down as one of the best 1-2 punches in recent NHL history, right up there with Yzerman/Fedorov, Sakic/Forsberg, Crosby/Malkin and Gretzky/Messier.

I see Eichel as the player winning multiple Art Ross' competing with McDavid and Crosby for the next decade putting up 35-75-110 type seasons with Reinhart anchoring the next line putting up 30-50-80 type seasons. Just thinking about those 2 as our top 6 centers the next 10-15 years with Girgensons anchoring our 3rd line as an elite shutdown center capable of 20 goals and 50 points has me extremely excited. Armia on the 2nd line with Reinhart putting up 25-30 goals a season, Tyler Ennis as a reliable 50 point top 9 forward, Brendan Lemieux being a staple in our top 9 chipping in 20 goals and wreaking havoc all over the ice and hopefully Grigorenko becoming an established top 6 forward has me wishing we could fast forward to 2019 so we can see our extremely talented youngsters blossom into legit NHL stars.

Last edited:

Bps21*

In a way we are lucky the only team within single digits is Edmonton. They can't destroy their team as much as airzona or even Carolina can at the deadline.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Beautiful regulation loss tonight. Let's make this home stand a 0 point endeavor :laugh: Each loss in regulation is one step closer to ensuring we get one of the two future superstar Hall of Fame 100+ point center. I think Eichel or McDavid whoever we end up with will break all of #11s franchise records here. McEichel will go down as probably the greatest Sabre to ever play for the franchise if we win at least one cup with him here. Only 30 more games guys. Let's get 20 or less points out of the 60 possible points and he is ours.

We only need to worry about Edmonton (though a winning streak by us or Edmonton and a losing streak for Carolina could change things...). We are either going to get Eichel or we get screwed and get Hanifin. It is imperative we finish 30th. The future of this team being a cup winner in the future solely rests on if we finish in 30th or not. If we fulfill our destiny and finish 30th, Eichel/Reinhart will go down as one of the best 1-2 punches in recent NHL history, right up there with Yzerman/Fedorov, Sakic/Forsberg, Crosby/Malkin and Gretzky/Messier.

I see Eichel as the player winning multiple Art Ross' competing with McDavid and Crosby for the next decade putting up 35-75-110 type seasons with Reinhart anchoring the next line putting up 30-50-80 type seasons. Just thinking about those 2 as our top 6 centers the next 10-15 years with Girgensons anchoring our 3rd line as an elite shutdown center capable of 20 goals and 50 points has me extremely excited. Armia on the 2nd line with Reinhart putting up 25-30 goals a season, Tyler Ennis as a reliable 50 point top 9 forward, Brendan Lemieux being a staple in our top 9 chipping in 20 goals and wreaking havoc all over the ice and hopefully Grigorenko becoming an established top 6 forward has me wishing we could fast forward to 2019 so we can see our extremely talented youngsters blossom into legit NHL stars.

If I had a drink for every time you say 'point' or 'points', I'd be hammered very quickly.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If I had a drink for every time you say 'point' or 'points', I'd be hammered very quickly.

Good morning..... After two years of resistance I'm a new tank commander... my point is (lol) even I want the Sabres to lose for the first or second pick at this point... Not next year though but for now why not...

Brad Pitt and Fury.... the best Tanker out there... :)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
blasphemy!

Is it though? With all the hype McEichel is getting I actually think that if they didn't surpass Perreault's franchise records that it would be extremely disappointing career. Granted Perreault did have an incredible career and averaged 35-56-91 per 82 games (I know back then the seasons weren't 82 games) I mean I would be very pleased if McEichel averaged 90+ points per season throughout his career as a (hopefully) Sabre for life. It's just that Perreault's career games played comes out to exactly 14 and 1/2 seasons. Seeing as McEichel is a mortal lock to be on the opening day NHL roster in 15-16, if he matched the games played by Perreault that would mean he would only play til ~34-35 years old barring any major injuries that would cost him a lot of playing time. I expect McEichel to have a 18-20 year career playing til age 37-39 so if he can just match Perreault's #s for that long then he would easily surpass his career numbers. I don't know if my expectations are too high for McEichels career but the fact I expect him to average at the bare minimum 90+ points a season is pretty crazy considering a Sabre has scored 90+ points only once since the mid 90s.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Is it though? With all the hype McEichel is getting I actually think that if they didn't surpass Perreault's franchise records that it would be extremely disappointing career. Granted Perreault did have an incredible career and averaged 35-56-91 per 82 games (I know back then the seasons weren't 82 games) I mean I would be very pleased if McEichel averaged 90+ points per season throughout his career as a (hopefully) Sabre for life. It's just that Perreault's career games played comes out to exactly 14 and 1/2 seasons. Seeing as McEichel is a mortal lock to be on the opening day NHL roster in 15-16, if he matched the games played by Perreault that would mean he would only play til ~34-35 years old barring any major injuries that would cost him a lot of playing time. I expect McEichel to have a 18-20 year career playing til age 37-39 so if he can just match Perreault's #s for that long then he would easily surpass his career numbers. I don't know if my expectations are too high for McEichels career but the fact I expect him to average at the bare minimum 90+ points a season is pretty crazy considering a Sabre has scored 90+ points only once since the mid 90s.

DolanPlsGoSabres, That would be 3 shots for you...There was a lot of potential for more shots but they used other words for "points"....

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Anybody else think that a deal for Kane is starting to look more and more like a nice option considering that we could reasonably make a deal that makes us worse this year, but better next year, considering he is pretty much done for the year?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Anybody else think that a deal for Kane is starting to look more and more like a nice option considering that we could reasonably make a deal that makes us worse this year, but better next year, considering he is pretty much done for the year?

On paper it looks like a good idea. I just don't know if we want him, or his attitude (justified with frustration or not) in our locker room.

Regardless, I would not be giving up much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad