Official 2015 NHL MOCK DRAFT THREAD (Draft Complete)

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Sorry for not replying earlier. Had hockey late last night. Can't believe Stevie took Jansen from me.

Anyways, the :flyers reluctantly select Daniel Sprong.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
:nhl sounds like Sabres are doing some last minute YouTube scouting, pick expected shortly.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I was legitimately torn between DeBrusk, Bracco and Boeser.

Bracco, to me, is a potential home run....but he could turn out like Ennis, and we already have him.

Boeser, to me, seems a bit like Armia in that he likes to snipe from the rush.

However, what tipped the scales for me on DeBrusk is that he just seems like the type of player that knows where to be and how to get there. A bit like a Holmstrom or Franzen.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
In what was a very difficult decision, the Buffalo Sabres select:

Jake DeBrusk

Good choice, 36 goals this year. Would have been my pick as well, he knows how to get to the goal scoring areas and is only getting better.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Wtf I thought this Murray guy was supposed to be some type of scout whyhenotake teh Zboril. Not even on the radar according to the presser. :sarcasm::scared::rant:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wtf I thought this Murray guy was supposed to be some type of scout whyhenotake teh Zboril. Not even on the radar according to the presser. :sarcasm::scared::rant:

:laugh:

He made the cut down to 4.....didn't survive the cut down to 3.

The way the board is shaping up, I think I can get the guy I want at 31....but I didn't think I could get a guy like DeBrusk at 31

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Montreal selects Jakub Zboril from the Saint John Sea Dogs.

Looks like Habs fans on the boards are on board with the pick. I was thinking Bracco for the fun of it, but maybe 'small forward' is too stereotypically Montreal.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
On behalf of the Anaheim Ducks, with our bountiful stable of prodigious talent already comprising a core that stands to be the class of the league (along with Buffalo) for years, I am thrilled, blessed and honored to select, a diminutive young man with innate skill and inimitable flair, the holder of the USANTDP single-season assist record, future Stanley Cup GWG scorer, Mr. Home Run himself, hailing from Freeport, NY home of the late Lou Reed...Mr. Jeremy Bracco.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm am just shocked nobody did the NHL tradition of announcing their pick; you know thanking the hosting fans, congratulating the Stanley Cup champions, saying hi to the fans in their Arena, etc.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I'm am just shocked nobody did the NHL tradition of announcing their pick; you know thanking the hosting fans, congratulating the Stanley Cup champions, saying hi to the fans in their Arena, etc.

What can you say, we're disciples of Tim Murray

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
My team has won more cups than anyone else. I'll get around to thanking other teams when they start to catch up.
:win:
Plus I can't speak French, but I did type in an accent.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Winners and Losers

AssetImage

Winners:

"The Buffalo Sabres are clear winners in my books, they add a franchise center and get a goal scoring winger to boot".

"How can you not like like what the Toronto Maple Leafs did? Ivan Provorov is better then Noah Hanifin, I have no doubt they got the best defender in the draft. Listen, I am not saying Provorov is Drew Doughty, but the comparison it there"

Losers:

"The teams without a first round pick"

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I'm a little surprised Zboril wasn't taken given that a few rankings have him in the top 15-20. My board was Greenway, Harkins, Zboril. I would've given more thought to Z but the Wings needed forwards with size over defense.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I'm a little surprised Zboril wasn't taken given that a few rankings have him in the top 15-20. My board was Greenway, Harkins, Zboril. I would've given more thought to Z but the Wings needed forwards with size over defense.
Montreal was happy to snatch him up at a value-happy pick 28!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad