GDT: Official 2015-16 Training Camp Thread! | Up First.... Rookie Tourny in London!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

So Marlies D looks something like this assuming no one makes the Leafs

Percy
Brennan
Valiev
Nilsson
Loov
Harrington
Finn

Your saying Finn cant beat any of them out

Locks
Percy
Loov
Brennan
Harrington

High chance
Nilsson

On the bubble
Finn
Valiev

Umm yeah real tough battle right there for Finn:sarcasm:

If Finn starts in the ECHL, I will take some of my comments back(not the leafs fans comment, I fully stand by that)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Without ripping Finn, i'll just say he left me underwhelmed and I didn't a "wow" factor.

Luckily this is just a rookie tournament and he will have all year to improve.

Finn is 21 years old, and Dermott is 18.

Finn should be head and shoulders above the recent draftees.

We're seeing why he wasn't good enough for the National team.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Do the Marlies need players?

Percy, Loov, Nilsson, Finn, Valiev, Harrington?, Granberg anyone else?

These are possible Marlies candidates that are all signed to contracts at present including PTO and ATO deals.

Stuart Percy
Tom Nilsson
Viktor Loov
Petter Granberg (injured)
Scott Harrington
T.J. Brennan
Matt Finn
Martin Marincin
Rinat Valiev
Zach Bell
Andrew Campbell
Justin Holl
Brenden Miller
Max Nicastro

Perhaps Leafs offer Brouillard a PTO as well after this tournament.

mikebel111*

Finn is 21 years old, and Dermott is 18.

Finn should be head and shoulders above the recent draftees.

We're seeing why he wasn't good enough for the National team.

The same reason why Granberg cant play competent hockey without Percy. Granberg hurt again. So much for sure fire NHL.

That national team was elite eh? Seriously this is getting old [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebel111*

Granberg= Gunnarson:laugh:

That comparison looks terrible now.
Finn showing he has played well, joke he wasnt in the national team. Maybe they needed Matt to win. Horrible tournament Canada, would help if Matt was picked and Brown

Finn looking like a good pick in 2nd round

mikebel111*

It would be nice for the fans to see Nylander, but what does he have to prove?

Better to give more opportunity to the bubble boys.

Nylander hasnt dominated in the AHL for long stretches. Showing why he didnt show up in the WJHC final

See it works both ways

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I was impressed with Dermott the most last night, he has a bomb of a slapper as well. Him, Svenchikov and that one defenseman from the Remparts were the stand outs for me.

Walked past Willie and Kapanen before the game last night too, some bigger dudes than I originally thought (especially Kasperi) they were taking time to chat and take pictures with fans too which is always nice to see.

Any news on the lineup tonight?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nylander hasnt dominated in the AHL for long stretches. Showing why he didnt show up in the WJHC final

See it works both ways

I am going to agree with the last part of your post. Nylander despite the points which he racked up against weaker teams in the WJHC really didn't dominate in the games I saw Sweden play against tougher, especially Canada. But I am comfortable in saying he did progress with the Marlies from what I saw. Especially his willingness to score in dirty areas as opposed to just relying on his talent to score pretty goals. The former impressed me more, there are only a handful of highlight goals a season. So this is an important observation to me for Nylander.

mikebel111*

I am going to agree with the last part of your post. Nylander despite the points which he racked up against weaker teams in the WJHC really didn't dominate in the games I saw Sweden play against tougher, especially Canada. But I am comfortable in saying he did progress with the Marlies from what I saw. Especially his willingness to score in dirty areas as opposed to just relying on his talent to score pretty goals. The former impressed me more, there are only a handful of highlight goals a season. So this is an important observation to me for Nylander.

I agree here. As much as I like Nylander. He still has work to do and altough his game improved, he has to continue progress. Your point about him not dominating is proven when Dubas said the best player on basically every night was Conner Brown. Shows that Nylander wasnt amazing, but was good.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I was at the game last night and one player that stood out to me was

#88 Cameron Lizotte

Very physical player and some great defensive skill.

Anybody know anything about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad