Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Milan Lucic was at Browns practice earlier

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 4m
Injured #browns player is OL Ryan miller

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Just stopping in to bless Patriots/NFL Thread II with this lovely hymn...

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I don't think Spikes is being traded or anything. Just wondered why out of most of the sale stuff he is like the only notable player. Never ordered from Pro Shop. Doubt anything is wrong with it tho.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Went to training camp for the first time since the Bryant College days today and in comparison, it was such a disappointment.

I understand why things are different (6,000 people today vs. about 600 last time I went) but I remember standing behind the ropes, literally 5 feet away from Parcells, listening to him bark out instructions to Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Bruce Armstrong, etc.

Rarely, do I harken back to the old days, but that was one as aspect of Patriot football that was much better than it is today.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Went to training camp for the first time since the Bryant College days today and in comparison, it was such a disappointment.

I understand why things are different (6,000 people today vs. about 600 last time I went) but I remember standing behind the ropes, literally 5 feet away from Parcells, listening to him bark out instructions to Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Bruce Armstrong, etc.

Rarely, do I harken back to the old days, but that was one as aspect of Patriot football that was much better than it is today.
Agreed, Bryant was awesome, and I was a little kid back then so the players took much more of a liken to me than the 21 year old kid I am today.

Funny story: I was 5, maybe 6, and I was going through my stage of not wanting my picture taken at all. This was like a week and a half into camp and Drew walks over to me after practice and says "Hey kid want to play catch?" and my mom gets all excited and goes "Yea Chris go next to Drew, I'll take your picture." AND I LOST IT, balled my eyes out and never went to go play catch with my idol. Drew felt bad and gave me his arm band, which I still have today.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't think Spikes is being traded or anything. Just wondered why out of most of the sale stuff he is like the only notable player. Never ordered from Pro Shop. Doubt anything is wrong with it tho.

So you don't like Tebow, which is your basis for him not making the team, but Spikes is your favorite player? I'm not a big fan of Tebow the QB, but I think he could be a threat as an H-back or TE. Also, what's not to like about the guy? As far as we know he is a model citizen and a good teammate with a great work ethic...

I HATE guys like that :laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

And Spikes is one of the best MLB in the league............

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Who is better than him? Fletcher? Mayo, Collins and Hightower are all OLB.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Who is better than him? Fletcher? Mayo, Collins and Hightower are all OLB.

On the Pats.....no one. I dunno why I thought Mayo was a MLB. My bad, my error. Still a little Guinness-soaked. :laugh:

I still wouldn't put him in the top 10 MLB's in the league....maybe around 15 or so.

Dude just needs to play the pass better for me to reconsider. Maybe there will be improvement this year. Who knows.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Love Spikes' intensity, but he is one-dimensional. He cannot be called one of the best MLB's in the game when he can't play the pass.

Also, when the Pats were in a 3-4 configuration, both Spikes and Mayo are inside LB's and there is no comparison between the two.

Ok, now I know I'm not crazy (at least for this reason...lots of others are still viable :laugh:)

I know I remembered Mayo lining up on the inside. I have to confess the Pats are not the primary team I follow, but I know I watch them enough to know I saw him play inside in the 3-4.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I feel like this whole year is going to be very annoying. It's gonna be HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ, every game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hall of Fame game tonight at 8 on NBC. Dallas vs Miami. They couldn't get better teams?

Romo won't play and no word on Tannehill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad