OT: Official 2013 Boston Bruins Playoff Avatars - Bruins Jeopardy/Now,Later

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
READ THIS FIRST:
Q: How to I select an avatar?
A: You are free to use any avatars in the first two posts. If someone else requested the avatar, proper etiquette is to ask them if you can ALSO use said avatar. You can also request any avatar you would like. Be creative.

Q: How to I use an avatar?
A: Right click on any of the .gif images and click "Copy Image Location/Link." Then click on your own "User CP" in the top lefthand corner of this page. Then click on "Edit Avatar" in the list on the left hand side of the page. Lastly, under "Use Custom Avatar" post the link you copied in the box that says "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" and hit Save Changes.

Q: Why won't it allow me to upload an avatar?
A: All avatars for non-sponsers must be under 125x125 pixels and under 20.0KBs in size. Right click on an image, click image properties to check these statistics.

Q: Do I have to use one of these avatars?
A: No. However, each year when the playoffs come around we as a board like to show unity and wear the same theme avatar. All fans of teams who make the playoffs do the same. But you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

Any other questions can be sent to my PM box. Or any of the other moderaters, they are here to help.

Here is a .psd if anyone would like to make their own:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uu19hh6y5hpk11p

Font is: Gyparody
Font size is: 18pt
Colors:
Gold (ffc515)
Black (231f1e)
White (ffffff)

rask.gif
mcquaid.gif

krejci.gif
khudobin.gif

horton2.gif
hamilton.gif

ference.gif
chara.gif

bergeron.gif
seidenberg.gif

redden.gif
marchand.gif

lucic.gif
kelly.gif

jagr.gif

Last edited:

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Anyone who would like to use the other theme here is the concept with the highest votes from that category. The Leafs are using two themes we can too:
nEqG9UZ.gif
85eK1Ig.gif

Nx8VGsB.gif
AQ3cnos.gif

jaJFBOZ.gif
gTLSmfL.gif

QnKHeqA.gif
scbPve3.gif

4arhu43.gif
kWbavpr.gif

pAPatwg.gif
Hpl2yUF.gif

Sbuojgs.gif
NtK8uH9.gif

mDJFBTK.gif
FPzmnHC.gif

qrukieD.gif
O0mxzI4.gif

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Booooooooo

Kidding, these are pretty cool too. I'm keeping this one though personally, credit to Kaoz, great job with these btw.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think I'll use a jeopardy one. No offense to anyone, they're both great, but I like the look of them a bit better. We can always save some ideas for next year too, great job to anyone who made one. Way more and way better than I could do :laugh:

Schalkenullvier*

Alright I guess this is a decent compromise

Would you guys post them on the Playoff Board too? There's a thread on it.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I can help with Jeopardy ones now. Not sure what the "specs" are on the Champagne ones to help with that right now. So I'll have to wait for PietB to post have him answer a few questions.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
How about this for me (once I get my avatar back haha)

Who is Rich Peverley?

Better than Mike Richards

6a0115709f071f970b014e8902b579970d.jpe

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Actually, I have a request...

"Boston's revolutionist"

"Who is... Jack Edwards"

fMi6DBG.jpg

Take your time... I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

You dont think there's too many Posters here to have an individual for everyone?

Just saying I was going to use it. Not trying to say anyone else can't.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
I can help with Jeopardy ones now. Not sure what the "specs" are on the Champagne ones to help with that right now. So I'll have to wait for PietB to post have him answer a few questions.

Size: 125x125
Font: Varsity Regular Downloadable here

The font size is different from frame to frame, depending on how much space there is. The only constant is the "Champagne later" frame, font size 16 on that one.
On the player# slide, the number is ~52, depending on what size it takes to fill the slide from left to right, same goes for the names, in a smaller font size, obviously.
All letters are capital letters.
In order to make all frames fit the 20kb, I had to cut down the number of colors to 24-48. That's why the gifs look a bit ... uh... vintage styled. :sarcasm:
If you've got more questions, go ahead.

corpfan1, I'll do yours tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, it's late across the Atlantic.

Edit:
Here's the recurring NHL Playoffs frame:
TmQqXDJ.jpg

Last edited:

acr*

All my ideas for Jeopardy are probably against the site rules. And even if they're not, Patrick Burke would abduct me and force me to have coffee with him.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
If no one minds I'm going to take the Campbell "Champagne Later" avatar.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
no offense, but I don't get the Jeopardy thing. Is it a reference to something? Just feels totally random and not particularly witty.

At this point I'd like to see a really basic theme along the lines of "2013 Playoffs: Just ****ing win already"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad