Speculation: Offersheet Spencer Knight (Summer 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Did you know that Jean Beliveau refused to play for MTL because of his loyalty to a second rate Quebec City team? so MTL bought the whole league Quebec was in to own Beliveau and force him to come to MTL and the NHL?

Did you know Pollock purposely botched a trade to increase LA's position in the standings to ensure they could draft Lafleur?

This is how you become the Montreal Canadiens again. Think outside the box.

Does anyone have a better idea to acquire a young potential franchise goalie? Please entertain me.
Goalies are hard. Knight hasn’t even proven himself yet. Remember when Hart was supposed to be the next Price?

We can afford to be patient on the goalie front, and hope that somebody in the pipeline steps up or that we hit a homerun in the upcoming drafts.

There’s something special between Montreal and goaltending, we will find someone.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Goalies are hard. Knight hasn’t even proven himself yet. Remember when Hart was supposed to be the next Price?

We can afford to be patient on the goalie front, and hope that somebody in the pipeline steps up or that we hit a homerun in the upcoming drafts.

There’s something special between Montreal and goaltending, we will find someone.
Fair. However, goalies take longer to develop. So if we plan on our fwds and Ds be ready to dominate say in x years, we need to have drafted on this goalie multiple years before the fwds were drafted for the timing to work. Fwds may be ready at age 21, goaies at age 24 if we're lucky. So I don t see how waiting for say the 2024 draft to draf a G in round 1 makes sense. I would go ape shit after Askarov by trade yesterday.

Giving away a first at this point in the rebuild... It won't happen.
we have to use a 1st to draft a quality goalie right? So might as well trade a 1st for one....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Giving away a first at this point in the rebuild... It won't happen.
UNLESS it's for another young piece......like let's say for ARGUMENTS sake......Habs deal the Floriday 1st and Mysak for Jiricek......that I would do. (that type of trade)

Reactions: Gustave

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
UNLESS it's for another young piece......like let's say for ARGUMENTS sake......Habs deal the Floriday 1st and Mysak for Jiricek......that I would do. (that type of trade)
I hear you and you make some sense, but for some people, there is not a player in the league other than perhaps McDavid that is worth more than the new player we might draft with a 1st rounder in the future. And McDavid is too old for their planned rebuild timeline anyway, so his cap hit is not worth it for us.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's difficult call. I always like core goalie. In past, We always seem to overachiever in playoffs with them. Roy, Price, Dryden, etc ... But goalies hard to judge.

Reactions: Vachon23

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
We don’t need another large cap hit for goalies. Price was worth it until his catastrophic injuries. Unless you offer 8x3 but nothing long term then maybe. I don’t see any offer sheets anytime soon from any team for any player though based on the drama it causes

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
People are overly sensitive about offer sheets in this thread.

I'm all for offer sheeting if it makes sense.

Personally wouldn't have bothered for someone like Knight though. Aho was a great target, our offer was obviously dumb though and too low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad