Offer Sheet

sundaysetsashes

May 19, 2009
Wouldnt it make sense for Homer to offer sheet McDonagh strictly to drive up his price for NYR? In turn, making it more difficult to sign their pending RFAs/UFAs...I'm certain the Rangers would match any offer to retain him

Cromster

Dec 4, 2010
New London, CT
If i were a GM i'd be more concerned with improving my own team than wasting time making moves with the sole purpose of dicking over the next guy.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
If i were a GM i'd be more concerned with improving my own team than wasting time making moves with the sole purpose of dicking over the next guy.

If I were a fan of an NHL team on HFboards, I would be more concerned with posting on my own team's designated forum, rather than on a rival team's forum. ;)

I don't foresee us offersheeting Mcdonagh anyway.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Really Edmonton has been the offer sheet bully more than the Flyers. The weber contract was monsterous. But penner and vanek offers were more out of line.

sundaysetsashes

May 19, 2009
The way I see it, the flyers haven't been able to beat the rangers on the ice, at this point try doing it off the ice. I know it'll create bad karma but hey what's the worse that could happen? They end up with mcdonagh?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The way I see it, the flyers haven't been able to beat the rangers on the ice, at this point try doing it off the ice. I know it'll create bad karma but hey what's the worse that could happen? They end up with mcdonagh?

I really fail to see the logic behind this one. It's almost like you want us to take McDonagh off your hands.

Fresh34

Jun 25, 2012
PA
Yeah, great idea. Make a move to purposely **** over another GM. I'm sure the rest of the NHL FOs would love to work with you after that move.

sundaysetsashes

May 19, 2009
Yeah, great idea. Make a move to purposely **** over another GM. I'm sure the rest of the NHL FOs would love to work with you after that move.

Yes, the rangers are very active trade partners with the flyers. Don't wanna ruin that relationship

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I was actually wondering if someone might now target Gustafsson, what kind of salary do you expect him to receive?

Gus would be smart to accept, considering how often we try and replace him. (we being the fans with our wishlists, and Homer with his crappier signings)

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
0o0mut.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad