Proposal: Offer Sheet Boedker

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
With Pho going on a spending spree lately it might be a good time to offer sheet one of their players. I've always liked Mikkel Boedker and I think he still has great potential. He is a right winger and I think would be a good fit with Bear and Backlund. The future top line IMO. I think that Boedker would sign if Feaster offered roughly 3m per for say 4 years. That would cost us a 2nd if it wasn't matched (Correct me if I'm wrong). Its a risk especially considering it will be a high 2nd rounder, but if he turns out then its worth it. Any thoughts?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

So yeah, 3M would be a 2nd round pick.

I really want to see some trades for the plethora of wingers we already have before I see any more acquisitions.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I was just thinking the Flames could use another winger to compliment the dozen or so they already have.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Well I didn't know their self-esteem was that bad...

In fact it is. Being on a losing team has severely hurt most of them emotionally. This is Feasters plan. Make them feel good about themselves and then they'll go on to play like a cup contender. Way to go Feaster :p

OntFlamesFan

Jul 10, 2013
How about..

I hope Feasters looking at a Rt.Winger with some proven scoring touch to join the 1st line, someone like Milan Hejduk or a Brad Boyes. It also wouldn't hurt to get another offensive minded centre, maybe a Grabovski ( tho I'm kinda sick of past Leaf Cast-off experiments! ) or perhaps Dammien Brunner from Detroit. Offer them a contract like Iggy just signed in Boston, decent starting salary about $1.5mill., plus incentives ( games played; goals; points; playoff rounds; etc...) to take it up to about 3.5 / 4 mill per. And adding an experienced "big man" for the #4 or #5 D-man spot like a Cam Barker or Jeff Schultz could really help on the back end!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I hope Feasters looking at a Rt.Winger with some proven scoring touch to join the 1st line, someone like Milan Hejduk or a Brad Boyes. It also wouldn't hurt to get another offensive minded centre, maybe a Grabovski ( tho I'm kinda sick of past Leaf Cast-off experiments! ) or perhaps Dammien Brunner from Detroit. Offer them a contract like Iggy just signed in Boston, decent starting salary about $1.5mill., plus incentives ( games played; goals; points; playoff rounds; etc...) to take it up to about 3.5 / 4 mill per. And adding an experienced "big man" for the #4 or #5 D-man spot like a Cam Barker or Jeff Schultz could really help on the back end!

Grabo and Zidlicky?

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Hey! They're a divisional opponent now so Feaster will try to sign all inter-divisional players just like O'Reilly

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Grabo and Zidlicky?

Zidlicky was signed I thought? I like Grabo, but I wonder what kind of term he wants. If he'd take a 2-3 year deal I'd consider bringing him in. Monahan, Backlund, Knight and Reinhart gives us some pretty good 2 way center depth down the road, so I think he'd be pretty redundant when those guys are ready. Right now Backlund is the only guy we know is ready. It's entirely possible none of the others are ready for 2 more years.

My other question is what does Grabovski make us? Does he make us a 22nd place team instead of a 28th place team?
If he does that this year it's the difference between Drouin and Ristolainen. Is that what we should be doing right now?

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think you avoid offer sheets for another 2 years. Keep our picks and start sheeting guys once our 1st rounder isn't going to be a top 10 pick and our 2nd a top 40. Heck guys like Compher, Zykov, Hagg, Erne, Petan, Fucale and Bigras were all available in the early 2nd round this year. I don't think it's unlikely that any of them could be better than Boedker.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Zidlicky was signed I thought? I like Grabo, but I wonder what kind of term he wants. If he'd take a 2-3 year deal I'd consider bringing him in. Monahan, Backlund, Knight and Reinhart gives us some pretty good 2 way center depth down the road, so I think he'd be pretty redundant when those guys are ready. Right now Backlund is the only guy we know is ready. It's entirely possible none of the others are ready for 2 more years.

My other question is what does Grabovski make us? Does he make us a 22nd place team instead of a 28th place team?
If he does that this year it's the difference between Drouin and Ristolainen. Is that what we should be doing right now?

I guess he is signed. Maybe Gilbert and Grabo?

But I think Grabo allows us to trade Stajan for assets that help the rebuild. Stempniak and Cammy will likely be moved at the deadline too, allowing us to have another good draft year.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't want more Leafs recycled garbage?

I think so yup. Grabovski is not garbage. You can debate the merit of signing him for a rebuilding team, but to call him garbage is pretty uninformed. He's basically a better Matt Stajan.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I think so yup. Grabovski is not garbage. You can debate the merit of signing him for a rebuilding team, but to call him garbage is pretty uninformed. He's basically a better Matt Stajan.

I live in Ontario and have seen plenty of Leafs games. I do not want Grabovski.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I live in Ontario and have seen plenty of Leafs games. I do not want Grabovski.

Grabovski has great possession numbers. I'll trust those and my eyes over yours. He's one year removed from back to back 20+ goal, 50+ point seasons while playing a shutdown role. Carlyle is a brutal coach who uses players really poorly, Grabovski and Gardiner in particular were victims of his irrational hate. I'd bet dollars to donuts he has a great year.

Btw, I don't think we should sign him though.

TylerSVT*

I would rather just keep that 30th overall pick (29 picks in round one) and draft our own Boedker.

I think Phoenix matches anyways.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I would rather just keep that 30th overall pick (29 picks in round one) and draft our own Boedker.

I think Phoenix matches anyways.

In this past draft no question. But I don't think next years draft is that deep. Again correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think Pho would match in that 3M dollar mark. They are a budget team and have spent quite a bit already, however who knows what they'll be when the new owner takes over.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Three things: A) Maloney will match any offer sheet Feaster would likely throw at Boedker, B) Jay would absolutely be out of his mind if he offered above $3.3M, C) Boedker didn't file for arbitration, so it's pretty clear he wants to stay in Phoenix and I don't think he'd want to go to a rebuilding team not expected to be in playoff contention like the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad