Offense vs. Goals

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
In this losing streak, pardon my lack of hard numbers, we have outshot opponents by healthy amounts and have lost. Do you think that this is system based?
I remember when Bylsma was the coach. He was a stubborn fellow. However, one drill that always intrigued us all was, you guessed it, Mustache Boy.
It was a drill that at first seemed stupid. A glorified shootout practice. But has our team lost its finishing ability? Kunitz was a player that everyone agreed should not be cemented on the first line with Sid but he collected a lot of points in his time with Crosby over the years because he has shown that although he cannot produce by himself, he can finish the chances given to him. Right now, who do we trust in a game 7 to put a move on the goaltender and score on a breakaway? Sid used to be automatic. We are getting a high volume of shots and I am sure that eventually the goals will start going in, but do you think that our team needs to practice with a heavy emphasis on finishing shots and not just blindly throwing them at the net?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
mustache boy has little to do with scoring anywhere outside of the shootout. sid has not been good on breakaways since 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad