OT: Off Topic Thread XVI: Dog Days of Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So after years of staying away, I finally went over to the dark side and got an iphone. I feel dirty.

By they way, every time I click on this off topic thread, my antivirus says it detects a threat. It started yesterday and still see it today. Anyone else get that?

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
That's dandy. Now tell the obnoxious fake bandwagon section of your fanbase to leave us alone.

It hasn't been a very good time lately to be a Steelers bandwagoner...

I wonder what percentage are actually Pittsburghers down there? I know around here, there's probably just as many Pittsburghers as native Washingtonians.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
20140920_ajw_sg5_547.JPG.0_standard_709.0.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

So after years of staying away, I finally went over to the dark side and got an iphone. I feel dirty.

By they way, every time I click on this off topic thread, my antivirus says it detects a threat. It started yesterday and still see it today. Anyone else get that?

Same. It doesn't like that picture GP posted. And go throw that phone out the window and get a real one. :sarcasm:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I love the Pirates (maybe even more than I love the Canes) and I like the Penguins. Pittsburgh is a really really cool city and I enjoy going there very much.

**** the Steelers. Couldn't hate them more if I tried.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Steelers are like the only thing I like about Pittsburgh and my family is from there. Too many terrifying experiences as a child there.

I've been to a couple Steelers home games in December and my god is it cold to sit on bleachers. Atmosphere is amazing though.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh

Yeah, my antivirus software on my computer is doing it as well.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
My babysitter from years back was from Pittsburgh. I'll give her credit, she stuck through the baddddd Penguins years. I remember watching recorded games most afternoons during the school year

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Philadelphia is a cooler city than Pittsburgh, but I can say with a degree of certainty, I'd rather go to a Steelers game than an Eagles.

You do *NOT* wanna be wearing the other team's jersey in Philly :laugh:

Though, a good cheese steak is borderline orgasmic.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Leave now and don't ever come back.

Not sure if anything more wrong has ever been posted on this website.

What.

I like both cities a lot, but by what measure would you consider Pittsburgh to be a "cooler" city than Philly?

The food scene, the bar scene, the arts scene, the urban landscape... Philly beats Pittsburgh pretty easily across the board IMO. Still enjoy Pittsburgh, though. Had a good time there a couple of weekends ago. Really liked the Strip District, Lawrenceville, and Bloomfield. Give me South Philly any day, though.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
What.

I like both cities a lot, but by what measure would you consider Pittsburgh to be a "cooler" city than Philly?

The food scene, the bar scene, the arts scene, the urban landscape... Philly beats Pittsburgh pretty easily across the board IMO. Still enjoy Pittsburgh, though. Had a good time there a couple of weekends ago. Really liked the Strip District, Lawrenceville, and Bloomfield. Give me South Philly any day, though.

I agree. I lived in Philly for a year and it is a fantastic city with a lot to offer. Pittsburgh has gotten better and better over time though and some people still give it a bad rap, but I prefer Philly. Plus the location offers more as you are in closer proximity to the ocean, DC, NYC, etc...

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Since the Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, and Cardinals are all on bye this week, my Yahoo bench looks like...

AJ Green
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Larry Fitzgerald
Brian Quick
Jared Cook

...and since it's a 12-team league that starts 2 QBs (seriously, what the actual ****?), the only QB that was available to fill my QB2 spot was Glennon, after somebody else grabbed Bortles and Bridgewater.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

I keep getting a screen to rotate my screen so an ad can pop up.
When I view this board at home, I have to use ad blockers to navigate it.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Pennslyvania is one of those states that I wish we could just scratch off the map. It would be nice to be 2 hours closer to NYC.

The bridges in Pittsburgh are pretty but I'm pretty sure half of them are going to fall in the water any moment now.

One time I told a coworker Pennsylvania is the Alabama of the norther, and she did not like that. :laugh:

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Pennslyvania is one of those states that I wish we could just scratch off the map. It would be nice to be 2 hours closer to NYC.

The bridges in Pittsburgh are pretty but I'm pretty sure half of them are going to fall in the water any moment now.

One time I told a coworker Pennsylvania is the Alabama of the norther, and she did not like that. :laugh:

Penn is 3 states.

Pitt / Alabama / Philly

I lived in Pitt for a couple of years.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Since the Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, and Cardinals are all on bye this week, my Yahoo bench looks like...

AJ Green
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Larry Fitzgerald
Brian Quick
Jared Cook

...and since it's a 12-team league that starts 2 QBs (seriously, what the actual ****?), the only QB that was available to fill my QB2 spot was Glennon, after somebody else grabbed Bortles and Bridgewater.

In my main league, I have:
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Hauschka
Demaryius Thomas
Emmanuel Sanders
Andre Ellington

This week will be a bit rough :laugh:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

There's a similar saying about New Jersey as well. Something like anything south of the Atlantic City expressway is the 'Deep South of the Northeast'.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Ward Jr. evidently had drugs in his system.

And was an idiot for running out into traffic on a dirt track. Only Tony Stewart will know for sure if he tried to "buzz" the guy and got too close, but there was no video or other evidence to conclusively indicate that he did. The fact that the car right in front of Stewart almost hit Ward, that it was dark, he was wearing a dark jumpsuit, and from what I understand, other drivers behind Stewart were interviewed and said Stewart didn't do anything wrong makes it pretty much a closed case.

Now will come the lawsuit though because Stewart has deep pockets and I'm sure there are lawyers lining up to take on a case for a % basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad