OT: Off Topic Thread XV: Behold my army of Predators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I've discovered that some things cannot be unlearned, so I'm just going to stick my head in the sand and continue to think that "oil change" can only mean that thing where you get under your car, drain the oil, and put new oil in.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Despite the reactions of some in this thread, I decided to look up what you all were discussing. I feel rather unpleasant now.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I know there's not much (any?) love for baseball on the board but the Bulls concluded their last home season before the AAA All Star Game last night. Durham's hosting the ASG this year with a block party/fan fest Saturday, HR derby on Monday, and the ASG itself on Wednesday. In case anybody is interested here's the rosters for the game:

International League All Stars
Name | Pos | Team | MLB Org
Jhonatan Solano|C|Syracuse Chiefs|Nationals
Dan Johnson|1B|Buffalo Bisons|Blue Jays
Jose Pirela|2B|Wilkes-Barre/Scranton RailRiders|Yankees
Tyler Saladino|SS|Charlotte Knights|White Sox
Mike Hessman|3B|Toledo Mud Hens|Tigers
Ezequiel Carrera|OF|Toledo Mud Hens|Tigers
Mikie Mahtook|OF|Durham Bulls|Rays
Steven Souza|OF|Syracuse Chiefs|Nationals
Wilson Betamit|DH|Durham Bulls|Rays
Liam Hendriks|SP|Buffalo Bisons|Blue Jays
Taylor Hill|SP|Syracuse Chiefs|Nationals
A.J. Achter|RP|Rochester Red Wings|Twins
Bobby Korecky|RP|Buffalo Bisons|Blue Jays
Roberto Perez|C|Columbus Clippers|Indians
Christian Vazquez|C|Pawtucket Red Sox|Red Sox
Jesus Aguilar|INF|Columbus Clippers|Indians
Ivan De Jesus|INF|Norfolk Tides|Orioles
Phil Gosselin|INF|Gwinnett Braves|Braves
Ruben Gotay|INF|Louisville Bats|Reds
Matt Hague|INF|Indianapolis Indians|Pirates
Chris Dickerson|OF|Indianapolis Indians|Pirates
Felix Perez|OF|Louisville Bats|Reds
Luis Garcia|RHP|Lehigh Valley IronPigs|Phillies
Juan Jaime|RHP|Gwinnett Braves|Braves
Merrill Kelly|RHP|Durham Bulls|Rays
Aaron Laffey|LHP|Syracuse Chiefs|Nationals
Mike Montgomery|LHP|Durham Bulls|Rays
Andy Oliver|LHP|Indianapolis Indians|Pirates
Anthony Ranaudo|RHP|Pawtucket Red Sox|Red Sox
Casey Sadler|RHP|Indianapolis Indians|Pirates

Pacific Coast League All Stars
Name | Pos | Team | MLB Org
Francisco Pena|C|Omaha Storm Chasers|Royals
Mike Jacobs|1B|Reno Aces|Diamondbacks
Arismendy Alcantara|2B|Iowa Cubs|Cubs
Gabriel Noriega|3B|Tacoma Rainiers|Mariners
Chris Taylor|SS|Tacoma Rainiers|Mariners
Joc Pederson|OF|Albuquerque Isotopes|Dodgers
Paulo Orlando|OF|Omaha Storm Chasers|Royals
Shane Peterson|OF|Sacramento River Cats|Athletics
Allan Dykstra|DH|Las Vegas 51s|Mets
Jimmy Nelson|SP|Nashville Sounds|Brewers
Elih Villanueva|SP|New Orleans Zephyrs|Marlins
Blake Parker|RP|Iowa Cubs|Cubs
Spencer Patton|RP|Omaha Storm Chasers|Royals
Max Stassi|C|Oklahoma City RedHawks|Astros
Andrew Susac|C|Fresno Grizzlies|Giants
Nick Franklin|INF|Tacoma Rainiers|Mariners
Jonathan Galvez|INF|El Paso Chihuahuas|Padres
Ben Paulsen|INF|Colorado Springs Sky Sox|Rockies
Gregorio Petit|INF|Oklahoma City RedHawks|Astros
Brennan Boesch|OF|Salt Lake Bees|Angels
Jared Hoying|OF|Round Rock Express|Rangers
Stephen Piscotty|OF|Memphis Redbirds|Cardinals
Derek Eitel|RHP|Reno Aces|Diamondbacks
Donovan Hand|RHP|Nashville Sounds|Brewers
Heath Hembree|RHP|Fresno Grizzlies|Giants
Kyle Hendricks|RHP|Iowa Cubs|Cubs
Logan Kensing|RHP|Tacoma Rainiers|Mariners
Chaz Roe|RHP|New Orleans Zephyrs|Marlins
Nick Tropeano|RHP|Oklahoma City RedHawks|Astros
Tsuyoshi Wada|LHP|Iowa Cubs|Cubs

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
All I know about minor league baseball is that I worked for the Mudcats for a while. It was nice to clock in a bit early and get paid to watch 1-2 innings of baseball, but the clean up of the bleachers afterwards was hell. People leave the most disgusting things in the bleachers after the game.

Oh, and the Mudcats won...maybe 3 (?) games that I worked over that summer. They were terrible.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I was actually at the Bulls game last night. My girlfriend's employer bought a block of tickets, so we got in free.

We've actually been to multiple Bulls games and always had free tickets. Last night we made it a goal to go to as many as possible without ever paying. I wonder what kind of All-Star stuff we can get into for free. :sarcasm:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was a HUGE baseball fan growing up, probably more than any other sport. Played it every day in the summer only to stop and watch WGN for the daytime Cubs games (and am old enough to remember both Jack Brickhouse and Harry Caray. Unfortunately, since I am a Cubs fan, they have since sucked the baseball life out of me. I do enjoy going to live games (even minor league), but don't follow it or the players at all any more.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I was a HUGE baseball fan growing up, probably more than any other sport. Played it every day in the summer only to stop and watch WGN for the daytime Cubs games (and am old enough to remember both Jack Brickhouse and Harry Caray. Unfortunately, since I am a Cubs fan, they have since sucked the baseball life out of me. I do enjoy going to live games (even minor league), but don't follow it or the players at all any more.

Then definitely give it a shot and try to go (if you can get tickets - we got tickets in our miniplan and I'm honestly not sure what availability is like for the general public now) - Of the Cubs prospects in the game, Alcantara leads the PCL (which is by far the more hitter-friendly league) in runs scored, is the positional leader in steals and slugging percentage, and is one of the Top 100 Prospects in baseball while Parker leads the PCL in saves.

And hey, for all you futbol fans, Paulo Orlando is Brazilian and is only the third Brazilian to make it up to Triple-A and the first nonpitcher to do so. No word on whether he'll start just going by his first name soon.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Pfft. He's got to be. He's Brazilian, right? My bet is this guy is so good that he quit soccer and decided to take up baseball as a challenge.

My favorite are the Brazilians that aren't good enough to play for Brazil, so they join other countries.

10454953_10152486344640709_7690312638306476218_o.jpg

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
$63 million for Gordon Hayward. The NBA has gone mad, can't blame these players for continuing to opt out if owners are this dumb.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
$63 million for Gordon Hayward. The NBA has gone mad, can't blame these players for continuing to opt out if owners are this dumb.

What's he average, 17, 5, and 4? On a horrible team? I don't know...he could *possibly* be worth it.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
What's he average, 17, 5, and 4? On a horrible team? I don't know...he could *possibly* be worth it.

Averaging good numbers on a horrible team, *usually* doesn't tell the whole story. He's got the ball all the time because the team sucks. He's not going to get a lot of the ball, even in Charlotte w/Kemba and Jefferson.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Averaging good numbers on a horrible team, *usually* doesn't tell the whole story. He's got the ball all the time because the team sucks. He's not going to get a lot of the ball, even in Charlotte w/Kemba and Jefferson.

That's true, and I thought about that as I wrote it. But I think he's got enough game to get close to 20ppg. Tough to give that money as a "projection" though, I agree.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
A 2 Guard who essentially averages 20/5/5 is worth a fair amount. He's way more than just a scorer. A bit of an anomaly for that position. Especially the rebounds.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Apparently the Hornets are also interested in Marvin Williams. Oh MJ.

Aside from the obvious UNC connection, I have no idea why. I'm still baffled Atlanta drafted him so high way back when. Especially when Chris Paul AND Deron Williams were right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad