OT: Off Topic Thread: What Are You Watching? And Other Miscellaneous Things

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Anyone lay the 32 with St.John's?

Also, just gotta say, if there is one thing I care less about than the fate of Brittney Griner, it's USA soccer

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Very shocked and sad to see one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters died today.

Christine McVie 79 years old

The music will live forever.

Thanks! RIP

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

Also, just gotta say, if there is one thing I care less about than the fate of Brittney Griner, it's USA soccer
wth is wrong with you? like, you're the guy you have a chats with on the treelawn, until they get comfortable enough reveal their disgusting selves.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I’ll try and be Switzerland on this latest dust up.

I don’t get women’s hoops and part of me thinks that anyone who carries weed or similar contraband into a country like Russia is remarkably naive and deserves some punishment but…..what they’re doing to her is unconscionable. At the same time having our government flip her for an imprisoned murderous arms dealer is a no go for me.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’ll try and be Switzerland on this latest dust up.

I don’t get women’s hoops and part of me thinks that anyone who carries weed or similar contraband into a country like Russia is remarkably naive and deserves some punishment but…..what they’re doing to her is unconscionable. At the same time having our government flip her for an imprisoned murderous arms dealer is a no go for me.

Why is she so important that they're bending over backwards to get her out but we have regular joe's locked up in the U.S. for drug convictions? The whole thing is absurd. She broke the law in another country, no matter how ridiculous that law is, she knew (or should've known) the risks.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

If you're really bored, you can watch soccer with a "much slower and more deliberate version of hockey" angle and perhaps your can make it for the game.

Good luck with that tho.

Why is she so important that they're bending over backwards to get her out but we have regular joe's locked up in the U.S. for drug convictions? The whole thing is absurd. She broke the law in another country, no matter how ridiculous that law is, she knew (or should've known) the risks.

She should be locked up for being a dummy maybe ( bringing drugs into Russia) but that's about it.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
watching worldcup and it's an uncomfortable feeling for a German to hope Spain winning against Japan as a last straw for Germany to qualify to next round.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
If you're really bored, you can watch soccer with a "much slower and more deliberate version of hockey" angle and perhaps your can make it for the game.

Good luck with that tho.

She should be locked up for being a dummy maybe ( bringing drugs into Russia) but that's about it.
she was greedy. claims she didn't make a living wage in wnba.....her salary is 221,515/year.....had a million dollar endorsement deal from nike

me and my wife live just fine on around 75k/year and we have a 14 year old kid....no endorsement deal!

she could have played overseas in any other country for 6 figures to supplement her paltry income like many other players do but she went for a million dollar deal in russia where she evidently thinks Putin's money is ok but not his rules!

on top of that, she claimed she didn't know the drugs were there, then said she packed them by accident while throwing her clothes in her suitcase in a hurry then said she needs it for medicinal purposes.

now, when i lived in brooklyn, i hung out at ps 226 schoolyard. if ever we wandered into another neighborhood, usually to play ball, we understood the "turf rules" so to speak and behaved accordingly else there be some trouble. perhaps ms/mr (whatever the hell protocol she call herself these days) griner should have not broken the turf rules of the oppressive country she was willing to take a 7 figure salary from because we here in america only pay 212 thou and free countries in europe pay from 100-250k and that is not enough to live on

as a good buddy of mine likes to say "OH WELL"

Reactions: YearlyLottery

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Finished Andor, good shit
Twas excellent indeed. Final episode was fantastic. These shows have revitalised Star Wars IMO.
Really enjoying the current season of Survivor too! Lol
On a musical note took my son to see Guns N Roses a few weeks ago... Absolutely epic. Three hours and played all the staples.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It's legit, definitely recommend. For sure directed towards adults than appeasing everyone.

Great complement to Rogue One.

Everyone who has seen it seems to love it. Hoping to watch it on my end-of-year time off. I have heard that Werewolf by Night was also good and completely different than any of the other Marvel stuff.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Heading to Nashville in a couple months and am curious if anyone has any under the radar suggestions for where to go or what to do. I've been once before but mostly hit the major tourists spots. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Saw Kathryn Tappan as judge on "Beat Bobby Flay". Miss her as NHL studio host.

I do console myself when Leah and Emily are on so all is not lost!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Watched The Menu. Pretty good. Think along the lines of Heathers.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Pachinko

If you can tolerate subtitles and assuming you have Apple TV, it’s more than worth it. Great acting, story line and cinematography nearly all of which is missing in the typical crime drama or Marvel inspired streaming series.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Finally getting back into seeing relevant movies after being out of the game a little bit.

Just watched The Whale, which was excellent. Multi-layered, very depressing, but 99% of it takes place in a single location, slower paced, and with a very limited cast (I think there's six people total). Don't see it if you're not into that sort of thing.

Also checked out the latest iteration of All Quiet on the Western Front. Very good as well, the pacing was a tad slow, beautifully shot, and it really captures some of the horrors of WW1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad