OT: Off Topic Thread-Honeymoons are so wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
On my Honeymoon and having a great time,went to Niagra Falls Thursday and stayed there till sat. Then in Rochestet,NY last night and Rutland VT. Tonight then to a Ben & Jerry's tour tomorrow. :yo:
Congratulations! Happy honeymoon in NiagAra Falls and RochesteR.

Try the coffee, coffee, Buzz Buzz,

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Sweet. The Ben and Jerrys tour isn't that exciting though to be honest

There is a lot of fun stuff up there though

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
On my Honeymoon and having a great time,went to Niagra Falls Thursday and stayed there till sat. Then in Rochestet,NY last night and Rutland VT. Tonight then to a Ben & Jerry's tour tomorrow. :yo:

Teddy Bear Factory is cute and right down the street. you might like that.

speaking of honeymoons....spent mine in Alburg, VT. right in that area.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
And since bruinsfan1970 is on his honeymoon I think it is safe to say the 540 green bean plants haven't been watered in a while :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Scored four tickets to see one of my favorite bands of all-time, Alice In Chains, later this summer. Summer is going out with a bang now!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Congrats again, BF! who here is a fishing expert?..I am looking to get a rod for beach/pier/whatever fishing but have no idea. What should I buy?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Congrats again, BF! who here is a fishing expert?..I am looking to get a rod for beach/pier/whatever fishing but have no idea. What should I buy?

I have no idea but my brother in law goes deep sea fishing a lot. I'll ask him and let you know :)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Congrats!

wally's honeymoon was spent on the mayflower. :sarcasm:

Actually, our honeymoon sucked. It was June of 1981. We were taking a Carribean cruise. Got to San Juan to board the Carla C. A mountain of luggage was on the dock and people were picketing the boat. The staff was on strike.
We were stranded with just a little spending money and our credit cards. When to a pay phone in old San Juan to call our travel agent in Arlington. Remember no cell phones in them days or booking on line. There was no on line. :laugh:

So the travel agent says hail a cab and get to the Caribe Hilton. He has a bud there that will put us up until we figure it out. We get there and are treated very nice. The Bride is crying unstoppable and wants to get back to the states. I contact the travel agent and he says lets talk in the morning. Maybe can get you into Disneyworld or something.

Then, are you ready for this? The air traffic controllers go on strike. Everything nation wide comes to a stop. No planes in or out of P.R..

So, she cried. I went to the Bacardi Rum factory and got sloshed. We stayed 5 more days until we could get back to Boston on standby.

True story. Every bit of it.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Congrats!

Actually, our honeymoon sucked. It was June of 1981. We were taking a Carribean cruise. Got to San Juan to board the Carla C. A mountain of luggage was on the dock and people were picketing the boat. The staff was on strike.
We were stranded with just a little spending money and our credit cards. When to a pay phone in old San Juan to call our travel agent in Arlington. Remember no cell phones in them days or booking on line. There was no on line. :laugh:

So the travel agent says hail a cab and get to the Caribe Hilton. He has a bud there that will put us up until we figure it out. We get there and are treated very nice. The Bride is crying unstoppable and wants to get back to the states. I contact the travel agent and he says lets talk in the morning. Maybe can get you into Disneyworld or something.

Then, are you ready for this? The air traffic controllers go on strike. Everything nation wide comes to a stop. No planes in or out of P.R..

So, she cried. I went to the Bacardi Rum factory and got sloshed. We stayed 5 more days until we could get back to Boston on standby.

True story. Every bit of it.

Wow, that's certainly an amazing string of bad luck, but isn't Puerto Rico supposed to be a beautiful place? I've never been there myself.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wow, that's certainly an amazing string of bad luck, but isn't Puerto Rico supposed to be a beautiful place? I've never been there myself.

Its beautiful. At least I thought so. Problem was two youngsters. I was 23 and she was 20. First time 'out of the country'. Everything was prepaid so all we had was the money in our pockets and no way to get home. It was the circumstances that made it so lousy.

But PR itself was wonderful.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Its beautiful. At least I thought so. Problem was two youngsters. I was 23 and she was 20. First time 'out of the country'. Everything was prepaid so all we had was the money in our pockets and no way to get home. It was the circumstances that made it so lousy.

Wow, I do hope you got your money back! Travel today is certainly easier with cell phones and credit cards, that's for sure.

The only time we've been to the Caribbean was on a Disney Cruise. The best part was a day at the Disney Island, Castaway Cay - we spent the whole day just swimming. I'd love to visit PR or the Dominican and spend a week on one of those beaches. :)

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Holy crap, Wally! I graduated from nursing school in 1980 and the following June me and a bunch of my fellow classmates went on the Costa Carla C cruise!! I can't remember what week it was, but it must have been just before or after yours, because we did cruise. I remember the San Juan airport was disgusting, especially the restrooms. We sailed to Curacao, Caracas, Grenada (just before the war, ha!), Martinique (it poured out and we tendered to the island) and St.Thomas.

The main thing I remember is a bunch of my girl friends wanted to buy gold chains cheap on the islands. Yeah, remember when they were popular? :wally: :laugh:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Just FYI, Wally; if you're in Puerto Rico, you're "in the country". Know what you mean, though, being far away from home with all your well laid plans gone awry.

PR is beautiful. And you could do a lot worse than spending five days there on a honeymoon.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wow, I do hope you got your money back! Travel today is certainly easier with cell phones and credit cards, that's for sure.

The only time we've been to the Caribbean was on a Disney Cruise. The best part was a day at the Disney Island, Castaway Cay - we spent the whole day just swimming. I'd love to visit PR or the Dominican and spend a week on one of those beaches. :)

Yeah the money worked out eventually. Our travel agent picked up the tab of our PR stay and then we reimbursed him when Costa Cruise Line reimbursed us.
I also have been on the Disney cruise back when it was The Big Red Boat. I agree their private island is a must do for everyone.

Just FYI, Wally; if you're in Puerto Rico, you're "in the country". Know what you mean, though, being far away from home with all your well laid plans gone awry.

PR is beautiful. And you could do a lot worse than spending five days there on a honeymoon.

I know hence the quotes . But for two kids who had never been out of New England and now stranded we might as well have been on Mars.

:laugh:

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Well we closed on the sale of our house here in VT. We will be flying down to Tampa on Saturday for 10 days to look at townhouses and make an offer on one. Also checking out my Bolts ST (1/2) seats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad