OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
After 43 years at her job my mom retired today. She took the early buy out package and ran.

Somewhere my dad is jealous because he wouldn't have been eligible to take it.

Reactions: sooshii and LSCII

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Roger Waters was waaaaaay too political for me. It was like a 2.5 hour political ad about how awful the world is, how awful Trunp is, and basically how awful we are as Americans for letting the world go to shit.

Disappointed is an understatement.

he's always been that way but since about 2004 he's gone way over the top with the politics. There's a reason why I haven't seen him since 2000. To change the subject how about some Weird Al:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
After 43 years at her job my mom retired today. She took the early buy out package and ran.

My parent company is offering early retirement to 2300 employees.
Because the only recognize our division acquisition date (2011) Im not eligible. Even though I have 23 years.

Im beyond pissed off.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
he's always been that way but since about 2004 he's gone way over the top with the politics. There's a reason why I haven't seen him since 2000. To change the subject how about some Weird Al:

Yep, Waters has and will always work politics into shows and albums. What do folks think The Wall was about?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I went into the supermarket near my work at lunch grab a couple things and a couple bags of these chips the wife and i like.
Took me 10 minutes to find them. They were in the 4th chip aisle. Yes, they have 4 different chip aisles.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Yep, Waters has and will always work politics into shows and albums. What do folks think The Wall was about?

Things were a little more subtle in PF with the exception of TFC. Solo RK things were a little more overt but still more generic when it came to who he was talking about.It was obvious it was an anti nukes album but still. ATD was an attack on Gulf War one but also an attack on the the media and how they played it. Since then though he's been way over the top and it's clear with whom and what he sides on (his most recent exgf should give you a massive clue) a point he's been hammering home since about 2004

Reactions: Lockheed301

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My parent company is offering early retirement to 2300 employees.
Because the only recognize our division acquisition date (2011) Im not eligible. Even though I have 23 years.

Im beyond pissed off.
Ugh! That's brutal :( Maybe they'll change their minds.

She couldn't wait to get out of there.

They apparently are about to offer a second early retirement next year as there were some who missed being eligible by a few months.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Nice, I recall Dad was given an opportunity to retire alongside some of his peers well before typical retirement age. He never discussed $$ with me but from all Mum said it was a package too sweet to pass up, retired at 52. Problem is/was, he had no plan on what he would do with all his free time and it drove Mum nuts, Dad mowing the lawn 2 times a week, puttering around the house doing little. Golfed a bit but other than that, all he did was drive Mum nutso:pillow:

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
In non-political concert news..Why are men so creepy?
Good question. I'm a straight man, all the fans I partied with at our band practices before I moved to GA were gay, and my brother is gay. I don't think I'm homophobic. When I was young and vulnerable, I used to get hit on hard by these men who were not openly gay, they were married to women. I'm not sure what they are, but it was very creepy.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've never had a Gansett. What are they like? How do they compare to a Pabst? I like Sierra Nevada.

The original Gansett was incredibly strong for a beer, I don't know about the new brand. Of course the old brand was made with water from Naragansett Bay which was incredibly polluted so maybe that explains the taste!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
48 hours to cruise time. Started packing.
Did you pack your medicines?
Yes.
Your not taking flannel shirts.
Why not?
Because you cant wear them to dinner on the ship.
Why not? Im never gonna see these people agai.
Hang them up. Take this, this, and this. Oxford dress shirts.
Ok.
Did you pack that nice sweater I got you for Christmas?
No. I was packing flannel shirts.
She gets the sweater.
Did you pack your medicines?
I told you ‘yes’. You ever wonder why I take so much?
Fine smart ass. Do your own packing. Goes downstairs.
I put a flannel shirt in anyway and seal my suitcase.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Like, I'm very clearly married. For an Irish girl I talk with my hands a lot and have a giant ****ing diamond on my finger. My aunt, who I was with, was talking about my wedding like it happened yesterday, all night long.

You cannot have my phone number. Why you gotta be a creep bro?

I think I only met you once, but knowing you from online, you radiate happy, confident energy. So, no surprise people want to be around you.

Dudes? they are just....dudes. Wanting someone to tell them it's all ok.

Reactions: Kate08

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think I only met you once, but knowing you from online, you radiate happy, confident energy. So, no surprise people want to be around you.

Thats all I want.
And grilled cheese. Never underestimate the power of grilled cheese. Especially as a guy gets older.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm a gentleman and romantic, I do not like women throwing themselves at me.

Ages 30-39 feel free to through, please.
Things were a little more subtle in PF with the exception of TFC. Solo RK things were a little more overt but still more generic when it came to who he was talking about.It was obvious it was an anti nukes album but still. ATD was an attack on Gulf War one but also an attack on the the media and how they played it. Since then though he's been way over the top and it's clear with whom and what he sides on (his most recent exgf should give you a massive clue) a point he's been hammering home since about 2004

i'm a geezer who basically hates all that music. Pink

Dudes just want silence....and Netflix LOL.

Reactions: Kovi

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Thats all I want.
And grilled cheese. Never underestimate the power of grilled cheese. Especially as a guy gets older.

Grilled cheese. Mmmm....maybe I need to stop at Kelly's on the way home....

Reactions: Kovi

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Going to Nantucket for a girls weekend tomorrow. Never been. Other than Cisco Brewing, any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad