OT: Off Topic: now, duckaroosky are become injurer; the destroyer of football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Look at all those chickens!

I am not skilled enough to tell from 2x2 pixels weaher it is a duckling or a chicken but the fact they are going ino water suggest they ar ducklings. :dunno:

Or i completely missed some reference :popcorn:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'm at the crossroads where I still feel extremely weak but my back is in agony from laying in bed for 2 days straight. What freaking Canadian plague did I get?!?!?!?! :(

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That was exactly it. Ryan Reynolds has been trying to make a Deadpool move for something like 11 years. That's since 2005. I think I read somewhere the budget was only $50mil. Thats absurd compared to other superhero movies. It's also why the studio wanted "lesser" X-men in the film. However the marketing team killed it and Deadpool has become a living meme at this point, anyone who spends a moderate amount of time online has seen him and his constantly pop-culture referential and self-aware style of humor fits in well with the internet age. The studio simply saw that it's not a traditional hero or action movie and assumed it would fail.

They actually referenced that in the movie. It was great. :laugh:

In the words of a certain actress, once upon a time, it was dead on balls accurate. They nailed it. After Deadpool in Origins, I think anything closer would have been welcome, but they got it perfect. I think this movie should make Deadpool fans happy, as well as make new fans.

The only question I have now is whether they can top it in a sequel.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
They actually referenced that in the movie. It was great. :laugh:

In the words of a certain actress, once upon a time, it was dead on balls accurate. They nailed it. After Deadpool in Origins, I think anything closer would have been welcome, but they got it perfect. I think this movie should make Deadpool fans happy, as well as make new fans.

The only question I have now is whether they can top it in a sequel.

"Dead on balls accurate." Every car-guy's favorite character ever. :nod:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Deadpool is surprisingly good.

I just saw that today. It had me rolling, right from the opening credits.

Yeah, Fox has no idea about the popularity of Deadpool.

I have a Deadpool shirt, and every time I wear it, someone says how they like Deadpool. Sometimes it gets annoying.

When they do, just stare out into space and have a conversation when someone who isn't there.

I'd never heard of Deadpool until about a month ago. I'd say all this new love is a little suspicious.

Pretty pumped to see Deadpool. Though me and my fellow Dredd-heads are still waiting for our sequel. :cry:

i have a mint condition copy of his first appearance (The New Mutants #98) from february 1991

u guys jelly?

11163953_10153572939520709_5477224391889600046_n.jpg

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
i have a mint condition copy of his first appearance (The New Mutants #98) from february 1991

u guys jelly?

Not personally. Deadpool didn't become interesting until Kelly/Priest took over writing duties and made what the current incarnation is.

What Rob Liefeld did to comics in the early 90's is a big reason why I stopped reading them back then. Now if you have some original issues of Grant Morrison's The Invisibles or his run on Doom Patrol, then jellies might be had.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
How valuable is that?

Depending on where you look, three or four hundred. I'm hoping it keeps going up tho and it was recently featured on AMC's "Comic Book Men"

Wait, how are you American if you were born in Canada? :skeptic:

I was born in Montréal, but move to the USA when I was six in 1989. I am a dualie, but just consider myself American first.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Depending on where you look, three or four hundred. I'm hoping it keeps going up tho and it was recently featured on AMC's "Comic Book Men"

I was born in Montréal, but move to the USA when I was six in 1989. I am a dualie, but just consider myself American first.

Will you platonically marry me until I am Canadian then divorce me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad