OT: off topic discussion (pants optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
It's not the research, it's the facilities. The horses have to be in full body slings (which cause massive pressure sores and can interfere with digestion) or suspended in water to support their weight (which is horrible for their skin) - for months. There just aren't many places that have the facilities or expertise for it, and it's ridiculously expensive. Plus, if they founder, there's nothing you can do about it. Stress alone can cause founder, and all this is a huge stress to the horse.

The implants simply can't take the weight if the horses over that span, they'll eventually snap.

Oh I'll find a way. Just you wait...:nod:

DaDucks*

Oh I'll find a way. Just you wait...:nod:

life_finds_a_way_jurassic_park.gif

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
has anybody joined the die hard club or gotten any of those oyo pieces?

any value in either one? seems a little expensive for... not much.

the oyos dont even show the back where you might see a name or number. im guessing they dont?

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Get adopted by gratefulyours

not sure he would like it.

ok eddy, all the way down (lay down and roll on your back), ok now let me squeeze your thumb and see if it causes searing pain that possibly makes you bite my hand. no ok, belly rub, good dog...thanks for not biting me. here, have a peanut butter-fish-cookie treat thing.

actually i prolly wouldn't like it. so no.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Sounds like the timing is good actually!

I gotta take my little man to the vet soon too. He seems to be scratching his ears more than he should. They're clean and don't have that infection-like smell so hopefully I just need to find a better way to clean them deeper.

would be, if she wasn't hopping around because she won't put weight on that front leg. minor limp whatever, but i can't find whats hurting her and making her wait a day and a half seems cruel to me.

like i said...pack your bags, your going on a guilt trip.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Anybody want to go see "The Interview" this weekend?

sony cancled the release. score one for cyber terrorism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30526406

edit - if your interested, "the Alamo Drafthouse cinema in Texas has decided to replace The Interview with a screening of Team America, a film featuring a marionette of late North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, the father of Kim Jong-un."

Last edited:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
not sure he would like it.

ok eddy, all the way down (lay down and roll on your back), ok now let me squeeze your thumb and see if it causes searing pain that possibly makes you bite my hand. no ok, belly rub, good dog...thanks for not biting me. here, have a peanut butter-fish-cookie treat thing.

actually i prolly wouldn't like it. so no.

Just make sure you rub his belly and not his "belly button" like DVM'S client did when she was giving her dog raspberries (you know that thing where you blow on someone's belly and make the noise).

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Just make sure you rub his belly and not his "belly button" like DVM'S client did when she was giving her dog raspberries (you know that thing where you blow on someone's belly and make the noise).

Actually, it was a ferret.

And it wasn't the belly button.

The look on her face was priceless.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
what i got from that example...

dvm further shows his lack of bro-honor by "belly button" blocking a ferret and his well trained owner.

update, the joint where the foot meets the leg on her left side is swollen now. =( whats more expensive...broken bone, dislocated bone, infection or amputation. i got xmas presents to buy.

edit - next thread title "off topic (dvm's belly button blocking ways)" ?!?! =P

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal
has anybody joined the die hard club or gotten any of those oyo pieces?

any value in either one? seems a little expensive for... not much.

the oyos dont even show the back where you might see a name or number. im guessing they dont?

Yes, I've done both. Die Hards club is fun cuz you get some cool stuff and the membership gets you discounts at various places. I've done it two years straight now and for the price, it's easily worth it to me.

As for the Oyos, they are fully decorated. I have quite a few (I collect weird sports stuff) and they have names, numbers, etc. In addition, they try to make the faces look somewhat like the player as well. They are fun to collect but unless you're a kid or an adult you can't really do much other than play with them. I just line them up on my desk to look cool. The price on these is a bit high, but the company is fairly new and they make them to order so I see why they priced it that way. Still, it's a bit of a turn away.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
what i got from that example...

dvm further shows his lack of bro-honor by "belly button" blocking a ferret and his well trained owner.

update, the joint where the foot meets the leg on her left side is swollen now. =( whats more expensive...broken bone, dislocated bone, infection or amputation. i got xmas presents to buy.

edit - next thread title "off topic (dvm's belly button blocking ways)" ?!?! =P

It's all expensive.

how old is your dog? And does it play for the Anaheim ducks?

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure the Pens doctors are offering discounts. You could save money that way. And dogs can't get mumps so you should be safe.

DaDucks*

Chicago Bears are starting Jimmy Clausen over jake cutler this weekend. Rumor has it, they are going to release him at the end of the year.... What a dumpster fire...
@duckoff- please remove the ducks image from your chicago bear avatar, it's disgracesful. Thank you

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Jets are looking for Mariota first

Heard that being discussed. They haven't been able to develop a drafted QB since....longer than I can remember. They're turning into the damn Oilers. Ruining highly drafted QBs. Not sure which part of the team needs the most work though - QB situation or the secondary. The next few years aren't looking too bright. :shakehead

DaDucks*

Heard that being discussed. They haven't been able to develop a drafted QB since....longer than I can remember. They're turning into the damn Oilers. Ruining highly drafted QBs. Not sure which part of the team needs the most work though - QB situation or the secondary. The next few years aren't looking too bright. :shakehead

I could definitely see "Cuts" in a jets jersey....

Btw... I'm flying into Boston next August, what the easiest way to get to Bangor Maine from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad