OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Trees are blooming in the parking lot at work here :help:

Yep, all around me the Bradford Pears, Dogwood's, etc. are in full bloom and green leaf buds have appeared on several types of trees. Pollen counts are through the roof- winter never came so nothing died- and the mosquitoes should be making their appearance shortly :facepalm:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Came home to a letter on my front door from apartment management telling me how seriously they are taking the coronavirus.

:help:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's unavailable what was it about???
Hmmmm... It was a tweet from Danielle Breezy saying that NWS Nashville determined it was one long-track tornado that caused the damage. "Long track" in this case being over 50 miles, :eek: third longest in TN history. I've seen other people tweeting the same thing but maybe it's not confirmed yet.

Reactions: BMC

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep. Water heater in the apartment above me was leaking. Nobody living in that one right now so this is how they found out. :help: Brought in a dehumidifier and they're going to come back in a couple days and replace the drywall.

If the water has been leaking slowly over a long period of time, you may also have rotten wood behind that drywall. Also, if it’s an external wall and you have pink insulation, it can’t be salvaged once it has been wet and needs to be replaced otherwise it won’t do its job.

Finally, depending on how dirty the water that seeped and how long it stayed trapped in your wall, you may have bacteria that has formed over time. I’d want that disinfected and not just dried, before the new drywall is put in. It’s important to have the area where the stagnant water has been, to be properly disinfected to prevent long term respiratory ailments.

Just a couple of tips from my own past disaster experiences. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Edit: just realized I was responding to a dated post. My apologies if this is of no assistance any more.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When I worked in Manchester we signed off with this

I still remember when stations signed off with a national anthem followed by by the image of an indigenous person and a loud, incessant, high pitched and monotonous beep sound that would usually end my sleep on the couch.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If the water has been leaking slowly over a long period of time, you may also have rotten wood behind that drywall. Also, if it’s an external wall and you have pink insulation, it can’t be salvaged once it has been wet and needs to be replaced otherwise it won’t do its job.

Finally, depending on how dirty the water that seeped and how long it stayed trapped in your wall, you may have bacteria that has formed over time. I’d want that disinfected and not just dried, before the new drywall is put in. It’s important to have the area where the stagnant water has been, to be properly disinfected to prevent long term respiratory ailments.

Just a couple of tips from my own past disaster experiences. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Edit: just realized I was responding to a dated post. My apologies if this is of no assistance any more.
The apartment maintenance guys' solution was to paint over it. :help:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The apartment maintenance guys' solution was to paint over it. :help:

No bueno. I'd get out of there (assuming you can, or maybe plan your way out if you can't immediately). Your health matters.

Maybe the vacant apartment from where the leak occurred in the first place, is vacant for a reason. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinaura

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Lucky for the unsuspecting victim, she didn't get hurt. What a conniving manipulator she ended up with and yet there were signs.

As usual, the best takes come from user comments.

These two got my attention:

It clearly said on his profile "looking for my partner in crime". :laugh:

I guess the 33 yr old living at mom and dad's house and the slugging wine in the passenger seat in the middle of the afternoon weren't big enough red flags :laugh:

"Slugging" wine has to be a classic. I usually see words like chugging or slamming a beer. Slugging seems to take it to another level of excess.

Thanks for sharing. Among the gems you're bound to see from dating app encounters.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A lot of people go to bed at 9:30-10 PM now - why do you think 5 local stations are doing news at 4:30 AM?

Who goes to bed at that time? People on bad shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad