OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
O-Pee-Chee
Anyone else older than 40 read this and immediately think of this:
Pee-Chee-Front.jpg

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I can breathe a sigh of relief. :)

@AngryMilkcrates how are you holding up?

Locally we got lucky and missed the worst of it. After Nashville, it went east by north-east and broke up a bit. So I got the edge of the storm. High winds, light show, and hail. But no dmg.
Lots of rain however and we are way above our annual rainfall rate so flooding around here has been common in 2020. No lost lives so far mostly inconveniences. We have been lucky.

Still worried about Nashville. It will take some time to sort out the dmg and missing persons. I have a nasty feeling it will end up being worse than whats being estimated.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Locally we got lucky and missed the worst of it. After Nashville, it went east by north-east and broke up a bit. So I got the edge of the storm. High winds, light show, and hail. But no dmg.
Lots of rain however and we are way above our annual rainfall rate so flooding around here has been common in 2020. No lost lives so far mostly inconveniences. We have been lucky.

Still worried about Nashville. It will take some time to sort out the dmg and missing persons. I have a nasty feeling it will end up being worse than whats being estimated.
We're coming up on the 10-year anniversary of the 2010 "500-year" flood. Were you in Nashville back then?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:eek::eek::eek:

Okay.... Is it really in the apartment building or is it in the parking lot on the other side and you can see it through the breezeway? :huh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Glad you're ok! Let us know how we can help.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Glad you're ok! Let us know how we can help.

Governor Bill Lee has issued a state of emergency and told people in Nashville not to go to work unless you are essential personnel.

We really don't know how bad it is yet. But I assume there will be help orgs out there for survivors.

BE CAREFUL of fake aid charities. Best to stick with big-name ones like the Red Cross.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
wooooooow
The crazy thing about it was that it just started out as a rainy Saturday. Which turned into rainy Saturday night, rainy Sunday morning, rainy Sunday afternoon, etc. It just never stopped. That's why I get a little apprehensive when we start getting as much rain as we've gotten lately.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone here into collecting/selling cards?
i used to collect. stopped around late 90s.
i still have all my cards at my dads. i know i have 2 derek jeter rookie sp foil cards. want to sell them all. i sold all my silver when silver was $56 an ounce back in 2012. made a good chunk of money there. wanna sell these cards. gotta find a fair value for them.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->