Speculation: Off Season Wish List

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
3 top 6 forwards. Bona-fide #1 goaltender. Elite 3C.

Preferably all the forwards are big, fast, and have a chip on their shoulder.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Koskinen+Kassian
For
Georgiev+DeAngelo

Salaries are pretty similar.
Who says No?
Rangers get their grit and wont have to buy out the headcase.
Edmonton.
This team already isn't the greatest mentally and you want to add a known piece of shit.
Wait wasn't Georgiev the guy who DeAngelo got in a fight with that caused him to sit the entire year?

Reactions: TB12 and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Edmonton.
This team already isn't the greatest mentally and you want to add a known piece of shit.
Wait wasn't Georgiev the guy who DeAngelo got in a fight with that caused him to sit the entire year?
Fair points but we are a team that gave MacT and Kassian 2nd chances.
DeAngelo would be under microscope with Georgiev, Nurse, Khaira, Bear، Pulju, Jones etc as his teammates.

At worst we just buy him out. Win for us!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Fair points but we are a team that gave MacT and Kassian 2nd chances.
DeAngelo would be under microscope with Georgiev, Nurse, Khaira, Bear، Pulju, Jones etc as his teammates.

At worst we just buy him out. Win for us!
Eh.
Both of those guys werent shit teammates that got into altercations with their guys and were a locker room issue. Quite a big difference.

Reactions: TB12

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
My wish list starts with getting rid of Neal and Koskinen one way or another.
Bring back nuge ( if the price is right ) resign larsson. Find a 1a goalie top 6 winger preferably big and fast. an experienced 3c and a big hard hitting top 4 defence.

Slugman

May 24, 2021
I think a top six LW powerforward type maybe Saad, Foligno or a trade for Philip Chytil.
One or two Seasoned Middle six forwards who can play with McLeod or Holloway. From what I can tell there's not too many great options here.
Getzlaf if he takes a super cheap short term contact (very unlikely),
Sign Danault( likely will stay in Montreal)
Sign Haula(my personal pick but I think he'll go to highest bidder or stay with Nashville if they manage to go deep)
Sign Bonino(great at faceoffs but is getting older and would probably have to overpay.)
Sign Stastny( He's getting older and likely re-signs with Winnipeg)

A fourth line center who can PK and win faceoffs. He'll likely be laying with Kassian and Archibald so I'm prioritizing faceoffs over pure physicality.
Glendenning is an obvious pick but I think he's going to have a lot of suitors and I don't want the Oilers to overpay for him.
Trade for Cody Eakin, Buffalo is having a fire sale so I think a cheap trade can be made for Eakin with some salary retained.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
I think you have it mostly right, with a * besides RNH, as I'm not sure he'll sign here for what the team will offer. I would be willing to put McLeod at 3C and Khaira at 4C as well. I think they can both be those players. Holloway or Benson are likely the 4th line winger. I would bring Larsson back if the money is about right (mid-3s and 3 years, or slightly lower hit at 4 years). Kassian isn't going anywhere either, as nobody is going to take that player without a sweetener going back. Jones is likely gone to Seattle. 4K is likely back for 3rd pairing, or maybe even Russell, or Legesson. Neal bought out, and Turris buried in minors. Koskinen will be back for the same reasons as Kassian.

With all those things accounted for, I think we have the following:

*RNH, McDavid, Pulj
<UFA>, Drai, Yams
<UFA>, McLeod, Kassian
Holloway/Benson, Khaira, Archibald

Nurse, Larsson
<UFA>, Bear
4K/Russell/Lags, Bouchard

<UFA>
Koskinen

No idea who we could get for that 2nd/3rd line winger spot, or if we could find a 2nd pairing guy that won't force us to play one of the 3rd pairing guys above his head. Maybe they bring Kulikov back? You always have more success bringing guys back than targeting new players (signing success, not actual winning success I mean). I pray to god above that they don't think Broberg is going to be ready for the LD spot, because he won't be (I think we should trade him actually). I also hope they don't gift both Benson and Holloway positions on the wing. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring Kahun back on another 1 year deal. He hasn't been terrible, and could be a decent 13/14 F guy, the same goes for Haas. I actually have a lot of time for Haas in a shut down 4th line role. Starting goalie will be a big test as well. I actually wouldn't be SHOCKED if Holland brought Smith back on another 1 year deal.

All in all, those expecting a ton of new faces next year are likely going to be very disappointed in what Holland does this off-season. He is on record many times stating that he believes in having a bunch of consistency. He will also likely be able to trick himself into thinking that we aren't as bad as we've looked in the Jets series, as all the games so far have been 1 goal games. He would be wrong, but I could see him not blowing things up due to that.
Tippet needs a third line Center in playoff moments. Like a jarret Stoll

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Hurricane fans seem to be done with Hamilton if they lose that series so he'd be the number 1 get.

Hoffman-Mcdavid-JP
Holloway-Draisaitl-Yammo
Kahun-Mcleod-Arch
Ennis-Haas-Kassian (because noones taking his contract on)

Klefbom-Hamilton
Nurse-Bouchard
Jones-Bear

SOMEBODY
Smith
Center is not good enough. We need a guy who can win a big draw.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
1. I wish Yamamoto just had his softmore slump and comes back next year ready to make a difference.
2. I wish Jesse Pulljaarvi doesn't have the slump I just had to watch Yamamoto endure and instead keeps growing as a player.
3. I wish RNH signs a nice contract with us and gets to be the RNH from game four last night.
4. I wish Kassian finds a way to have a content home life with new kids/family while managing to bring fire and passion to the arena every night. Regardless of if the right fan is in the stands or the right team is in the opposite jersey.
5. I wish Darnel Nurse stays the player I saw this year. You sir have my respect for your drive to improve and the play you put out for this team this year.
6. I wish Ryan Mcleod takes the last month into the summer and comes back a bonefide center that has a bit of score to his game.
7. I wish we could put Mike Smith in cryo for the summer.. and Koskinen in a time fast forward pod this summer so his contract expires before the season starts.
8. I wish Josh Archibald learns a lesson and puts it to good work this off season to come back even better next year.
9. I wish Ethan Bear would just settle the f down and get the panic out of his game to bring back the offensive part of his game and eliminate some the worst brain farts you see from young D.
10. I wish Klefbom has a healthy pain free shoulder for life... and maybe some more Oiler hockey thrown in on top :P
11. I wish James Neal fully recovered from covid and has a fantastic summer. I think there's more in the tank from him.

I wish we didn't have to lose every way possible to learn how to win. This may take awhile. I can think of a lot more ways to lose.

Reactions: asa and Slugman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1