Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season V: Baseball's back and so are blockbusters (Jays send 4 prospects to A's for 3B Matt Chapman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
je sus krist. WTF is wrong with people. This is a huge problem because americans with DUI's can't come into canada

Not condoning ofcourse but trying to get answers about this....
Not sure of full details but I thought this was interesting. Am I missing something? Maybe I haven't read enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-154531_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220326-154531_Chrome.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 8

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ugh why couldn’t have it been Montoyo instead of Walker.

I feel like a suspension is coming because he probably wouldn’t be with the team today if a firing was coming. But in today’s society a firing wouldn’t shock me, and would be deserved.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I think they would be able to trade him for something, for sure, but if the options were to DFA him or have Kirk as the backup catcher in AAA, I would DFA him in a heartbeat.

I read with the 26 man rosters the max number of pitchers is 13. If that’s the case your bench has to be 4. Except McGuire they only really have 2 bench guys. Tapia, 1 of Espinal/Biggio, and 1 of Kirk/Jansen but 1 of those 3 will be DH or filling in while someone else DH’s. if Kirk is going to be DHing a lot it makes sense to keep McGuire around until Moreno is ready Rather than finding 2 more guys for the bench.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Walker will be able to enter Canada. He is an employee of a multi million dollar company owned by a multi billion dollar company. And due to the nature of their business they have multiple immigration lawyers on retainer.
And right or wrong if they didn’t release Reese after what he got caught doing during spring training a few years ago I doubt they fire Walker.

This isn’t a comment on what I think should happen as much as what I think will happen and they aren’t always the same thing.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
je sus krist. WTF is wrong with people. This is a huge problem because americans with DUI's can't come into canada
I feel like i read before that Pete was a dual citizen, but I. May be thinking of someone else

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The guy should be gone. I have zero sympathy or understanding for anyone who gets behind the wheel after drinking. Anyone who has excuses for the guy has never lost somebody to drunk driving. It is very real and is very serious. Again, He should be gone and I hope they receive pressure from sponsors.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
The guy should be gone. I have zero sympathy or understanding for anyone who gets behind the wheel after drinking. Anyone who has excuses for the guy has never lost somebody to drunk driving. It is very real and is very serious. Again, He should be gone and I hope they receive pressure from sponsors.
I think I have to agree here. He was fortunate to have not involved another person in this incident, but it shouldn’t make it any different. It’s inexcusable

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Some prospect notes in here including

—I always have a few regrets about my yearly top 50 prospects list in spring training when guys show up throwing harder than expected or made some winter adjustment that nobody really knew about. Connor Cooke, a 10th-round pick last summer out of Louisiana-Lafayette, is that guy this year. The 6-foot-1, 203-pound right-hander is touching 98 mph this spring and the fastball data has everyone excited to see him in game action after he threw just five innings in his pro debut, likely at Low-A Dunedin. There’s a chance he’s one of the more interesting starting pitching prospects in the system by this time next year if things go like some think they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad