Rumor: Off Season Trade Thread vol. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
SDC, Prince, Greening to PHX for Michael Stone
Weircoch, Smith to EDM for Perron

Perron - Spezza - Hemsky
Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanajed - Condra
Pumpeal - Grant - Neil

Karlsson - Stone
Methot - Ceci
Phillips - Cowen
Borocop

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
SDC, Prince, Greening to PHX for Michael Stone
Weircoch, Smith to EDM for Perron

Perron - Spezza - Hemsky
Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanajed - Condra
Pumpeal - Grant - Neil

Karlsson - Stone
Methot - Ceci
Phillips - Cowen
Borocop
That's an overpayment on stone. Gets over rated here. From what I've seen they're not super crazy about him in Phoenix. Hes a solidish player.
Cowen prince greening 2nd for ristolainen and stafford/Stewart

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
To Philly:
Bobby Ryan
Eric Gryba

To Ottawa:
Wayne Simmonds
2014 1st Rd (18ish overall)
2014 3rd Rd (Boston's pick - 85ish overall - traded to Philly in Meszaros deal)

I'm really curious to see what happens this summer with Ryan. I'm not necessarily advocating he be dealt, but I'm skeptical about signing him long term. Is Philly really as horny for him as many of us believe? Philly doesn't have many DMen on contract going forward - Sens have too many. Gryba is young, a cheap RFA and a solid 5/6 with size. He seems like the protoypical Flyers DMan.

Simmonds is signed long term on a great contract and is exactly what the Sens need - speed, size, tenacity with finish. I'm sure Murray would love to get a 1st in this year's draft. Asking for Boston's 3rd Rder may be getting greedy, but Holmgren/Snider do seem crazy enough to add it...

Flyers probably don't want to deal Simmonds so maybe they'd counter with Voracek. If so, I wouldn't be opposed, but he'll be a UFA in the summer of 2016 so in turn I'd want the Flyers 2015 1st rather than their 2014.

Maybe I'm crazy? Maybe Ryan's value isn't as high as I think/hope? Maybe some of you think he's worth more?

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
To Philly:
Bobby Ryan
Eric Gryba

To Ottawa:
Wayne Simmonds

Maybe I'm crazy? Maybe Ryan's value isn't as high as I think/hope? Maybe some of you think he's worth more?

Take out the 1st and 3rd and add Scott Laughton.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Take out the 1st and 3rd and add Scott Laughton.

He's a C though, no? With Turris, ZBad, Smith, Pageau, Da Costa, Grant, Lazar going forward, would that make sense? I really don't know all that much about him though. I figured BMurr and Co would prefer to stockpile picks because that's what they're known for. Keep the pipeline full of home grown and controllable talent!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He's a C though, no? With Turris, ZBad, Smith, Pageau, Da Costa, Grant, Lazar going forward, would that make sense? I really don't know all that much about him though. I figured BMurr and Co would prefer to stockpile picks because that's what they're known for. Keep the pipeline full of home grown and controllable talent!

Its about the value. Laughton is better than anyone at 14-18 in this draft.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Well he is best friends with landeskog. So zibby-ROR something ish maybe?

I'm just not sure he is a MacLean guy. With Spezza, Turris, and Smith in the top three spots (as well as SDC, Pageau, and Lazar) soon to be pushing, Zibby could soon find himself back with his buddy in Buffalo (Stewart anyone ? ) .

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm just not sure he is a MacLean guy. With Spezza, Turris, and Smith in the top three spots (as well as SDC, Pageau, and Lazar) soon to be pushing, Zibby could soon find himself back with his buddy in Buffalo (Stewart anyone ? ) .

For Mika? Lel nope.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Zibanejad not here next year. Book it !!

I think the decision on Zibanejad will follow what happens with Spezza. Zibby is going to be top 6, although my guess is second line C. To play in this role on our team he has to displace either Spezza or Turris. Turris is on a great contract, but Spezza is going to be in his UFA season next year.

If Spezza is reasonable in his contract demands, then the decision will have to be made about what to do with Zibby. On the plus side Zibby is still young, so if he stays in a 3rd or 4th line role for another year or two it will not be a huge deal. However, at a certain point that will hurt his development.

I would be surprised if Zibby is moved, but not absolutely shocked. I think if something does happen it is more likely to take place in summer 2015, which Zibby is an upcoming RFA (who may ask for a ton of $$) and with a very deep draft. Things could get interesting if Zibby asks for north of 5 MM per season (assuming he has great numbers next year) and we really want an extra first.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
To Philly:
Bobby Ryan
Eric Gryba

To Ottawa:
Wayne Simmonds

I'm really curious to see what happens this summer with Ryan. I'm not necessarily advocating he be dealt, but I'm skeptical about signing him long term. Is Philly really as horny for him as many of us believe? Philly doesn't have many DMen on contract going forward - Sens have too many. Gryba is young, a cheap RFA and a solid 5/6 with size. He seems like the protoypical Flyers DMan.

Simmonds is signed long term on a great contract and is exactly what the Sens need - speed, size, tenacity with finish. I'm sure Murray would love to get a 1st in this year's draft. Asking for Boston's 3rd Rder may be getting greedy, but Holmgren/Snider do seem crazy enough to add it...

Flyers probably don't want to deal Simmonds so maybe they'd counter with Voracek. If so, I wouldn't be opposed, but he'll be a UFA in the summer of 2016 so in turn I'd want the Flyers 2015 1st rather than their 2014.

Id want more and if were trading Ryan that means were going for another rebuild period/retool so a package of

2014 1st + Morin/Hagg + Laughton
or
Couturier/B Schenn + Hagg/2014 1st

and if they want we can throw in SDC and Gryba the prices are high but they are even or more than what we payed for and too many centers is never a bad thing they can always play wing

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think the decision on Zibanejad will follow what happens with Spezza. Zibby is going to be top 6, although my guess is second line C. To play in this role on our team he has to displace either Spezza or Turris. Turris is on a great contract, but Spezza is going to be in his UFA season next year.

If Spezza is reasonable in his contract demands, then the decision will have to be made about what to do with Zibby. On the plus side Zibby is still young, so if he stays in a 3rd or 4th line role for another year or two it will not be a huge deal. However, at a certain point that will hurt his development.

I would be surprised if Zibby is moved, but not absolutely shocked. I think if something does happen it is more likely to take place in summer 2015, which Zibby is an upcoming RFA (who may ask for a ton of $$) and with a very deep draft. Things could get interesting if Zibby asks for north of 5 MM per season (assuming he has great numbers next year) and we really want an extra first.
Why can't he be third line center? Seems to be his suited role. He's tough. Skilled. If rather have three good centers than two

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Why can't he be third line center? Seems to be his suited role. He's tough. Skilled. If rather have three good centers than two

I don't disagree, but a lot of things have to fall into place to make that successful. If you have a true top 6 guy playing bottom 6 minutes it is almost impossible to keep him happy. Unhappy players does not lead to success.

Anyway, I was just speculating because the possibility of trading Zibanejad came up. I don't think it will happen, but if it did happen I would not be floored from shock.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Because MacLean loves Smith. I agree though he should be 3rd line, but I can't see it happening here with smith in the lineup.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

I am in agreement but I think it's this summer and either Spezza, or Zibby will be dealt.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Draft or Summer Deal:
To Buffalo: Wiercioch LD & Condra RW
To Ottawa: Chris Stewart RW

Hemsky - Spezza - Stewart
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Greening - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba/Boroweicki

Lehner - Anderson

Depending on how this team does will determine whether Spezza & Anderson are re-signed or traded. I expect everyone else to be re-signed.

WhiteLight*

Spezza and Methot for Staal, Hagelin and a 2015 1st rounder

Anderson for Bailey

Phillips for Carolina's 6th in 2014

Neil for Gernat

Gryba and Greening for Florida's 3rd in 2014

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hagelin - Zibanejad - Da Costa/Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Moss
Bailey - Smith - Condra
Da Costa/Stone

Staal - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercioch - Fayne
Borowiecki

Lehner
Gustavsson

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Something based around Ryan for Simmonds would be great move for both teams.

Ryan is better offensively, could put up 70P again alongside Giroux. Excellent chance he re-signs in Philly considering his relationship with management and players there.

Simmonds is more well-rounded, but less dynamic than Ryan. Still he can put up 50-60 points a season and is signed until 2018/19 on a great contract - 3,975,000 average, which is much lower than he'd get on the open market.

I imagine Philly would be adding onto Simmonds, but I imagine it wouldn't be too much. The difference between Ryan and Simmonds isn't Laughton + more, especially considering Ryan's contract.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I'd like to see a similar deal to the one NYR made earlier this season with Del Zotto. Trade Wiercioch for a defenceman with less upside but who can contribute right away. We just need to reinforce our defence no need to sell every player on our roster

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I'd like to see a similar deal to the one NYR made earlier this season with Del Zotto. Trade Wiercioch for a defenceman with less upside but who can contribute right away. We just need to reinforce our defence no need to sell every player on our roster

Difference is NYR have money to make moves like that. Ottawa has to ship money out if they are bringing money in.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm kinda opening up to the idea of trading Smith. I thought he would be the perfect 3rd line center, one of the best in the league, but he's just so brutally inconsistent.

That's inconsistent offensively and physically. I've pretty much given up the hope that he could be a 40 point guy who plays the first pk, crashes the net, drops the gloves, and is great defensively.

I wouldn't just give him up, but if there was another Hjalmarsson type deal for a mobile youngish defensive d-man, id do it.

Hopefully we could package assets to get an even better player and open up a slot or two on the roster. I think Smith, Wierioch, Condra, picks, etc. could probably get a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad