Off Season Targets for 2021-22 season

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Seems about the right time to talk about this off season.
LA now has a good bit of cap room and picks to use to add players after the Seattle expansion draft. I can see them adding a couple UFA's and possibly make trades with the extra draft capital they own.
Who are the players you'd like to see them "realistically" target.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
What is Tampa going to do next year. That cap is ugly.

we need a top LH Defenceman with size.

If we could trade Walker, a top prospect and a pick for that and let Strand suck up the 15 mins on the 3rd pair that addresses a lot of needs.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
i'd kick tires on hamilton and hyman, low probability of signing but i'd like blake to try.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Wouldn’t mind looking into Ryan Murray (NJ), Jaime Oleksiak (DAL) or Brandon Montour (FLA).

Like the suggestion of Lowry. Maybe a guy like Barclay Goodrow. Palmieri is interesting but he may cost a bit much.

It’s all dependant on how the organization projects the roster to look next year with prospects breaking into the lineup.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Not a fan of what I see from this years FA’s. If we weren’t flush with RD I perhaps would have advocated for Douglas Hamilton. I’m guessing trades are where it’s at this offseason.

If Tampa can’t sort their cap out we can offer a fair price for Sergachev. They could conceivably win it all again this year and cash out for some fresh assets while assuming their core can do again in a couple seasons.

If Columbus implodes and we can grab Laine for nickels on the dollar do we give that a go, warts and all? Or make a big pitch for Werenski?

Buffalo: poach Dahlin in another moment of sabres stupidity? Or Trade walker and Kupari for Ristolainen, extend him, and rock Doughty Risto Roy as a positively decadent RD ?

Is Philly selling Dmen? Sanheim for (insert value here) or Ghost for a song.

I doubt Sutter and Cgy management will turf Hanifin now, but he would be cool.

Bottom line is we can’t have them bring in another Maatta-esque player, no offense to the guy. We need an impact player that can grow with the team.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I hate the idea of trading any A or B level prospect at this point. I say throw money and term at Foligno and Hamilton. Let the kids fill out the roster. Hopefully some guys like Lizotte, Wagner, Luff and Frk are gone by next seasons TDL.

Token

May 15, 2019
Unless Rob and Todd are full on playing the kids next season ...

... we got three RW; one has 1200+ games on his old bones and the other two cleared waivers.

As for the young, dynamic LD Rob spoke of ... Wolanin may be it. Don’t laugh.

We have numbers on LD with Anderson, Björnfot, Clague, Wolanin, Maatta, Moverare, MacDermit.

If anything, RD allot thinner next season with only 4 guys there.

Rob would do good to make some hockey trades.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
That FA list is depressing but not like they have much luck anyway. I think getting a top notch D is going to cost 1 of the 3, Turcotte, Byfield, or Vilardi and add to it. They aren’t ready for that are they?

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Unless Rob and Todd are full on playing the kids next season ...

... we got three RW; one has 1200+ games on his old bones and the other two cleared waivers.

As for the young, dynamic LD Rob spoke of ... Wolanin may be it. Don’t laugh.

We have numbers on LD with Anderson, Björnfot, Clague, Wolanin, Maatta, Moverare, MacDermit.

If anything, RD allot thinner next season with only 4 guys there.

Rob would do good to make some hockey trades.

They are more than just hockey trades at this point because you don’t know what you have in Vilardi, Turcotte, etc. I’d imagine the 2nd line will be some combo of Kempe, Vilardi, AA if he stays or maybe Kupari. They could use another winger and at least a 4/5 that can produce offensive from the blue line. A lot depends on who they lose to expansion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad