Proposal: Off-season moves part 2: The Savard Trade Mystery: Answers Coming July 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hey hey ! The boys are FINALLY laughing and smiling now. Having a good time. Wiping away the baby tears.

(Someone insert De Niro/Pesci GIF)

kanye-west-laugh.gif

iY2IKH1.gif

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I'm down to try him on either wing in the top 6 going forward. So you'd bump Smith up to top line next year then if we don't sign/trade for top line winger? Just feel this is the year to convert him especially if we sign a veteran Center.

They look like quite the dynamic duo, what's their names and breed? Makes me miss my dog, he's been gone 5 years now. I remember you mentioning the passing of your dog. I like animals more than people :laugh:

You forgot to add Florida Panthers hockey as well in last sentence:handclap:

Puma: congrats on new dogs.

^^^ Not THAT guy for GIFS. It had more Mafia feel to me. If going that route though dawg TuPac instead because we west side!

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
I think for 5 years you still need to give a bit more, he is/was elite winger, Vancouver will go all in for him.
5/5 contract would be a steal UFA signing, I'm a huge fan of Eriksson.

He was Bostons best in front of the net guy, scoring from rebounds(a lot better than Lucic was), elite defensively/on the pk, drives the possession, rarely makes a mistake, helps the defense so much, it's hard to describe how much he helped Bostons defense.
He's a winger version of Bergeron and should age well, he goes with his IQ.

Not to mention he can play both Lw/Rw and you won't notice a difference in his game.

Sign Eriksson and in a year move Jokinen for cap space/roster spot for Crouse/McCann.

First priority is to have money to re sign Tro, Huberdeau, Smith, Ekblad long term. If signing Eriksson or ANY FA doesn't allow those 4 to be extended then I don't want to sign them.

I like Eriksson's game overall and think he can help at all aspects rather than Okposo/Ladd. Would be a HUGE addition

tolsen3

Apr 21, 2014
^Ill take Eriksson and Okposo personally.

Nielsen signing would mean Bjugstad to wing right? Tell you what though, Nielsen got me some good faceoff numbers in fantasy.

Nielsen Tavares Okposo was a solid solid line.

Bjugstad Nielsen Okposo looks sexy.

So does Eriksson Bjugstand Okposo

They were never a line for the Isles.

Big yes for Eriksson and a no on he other 2. Nielsen is 32 and started to slip last year. Frustration is watching Okposo circle 2 times in the offensive zone and just lose the puck off his stick. It is his signature move.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
They were never a line for the Isles.

Big yes for Eriksson and a no on he other 2. Nielsen is 32 and started to slip last year. Frustration is watching Okposo circle 2 times in the offensive zone and just lose the puck off his stick. It is his signature move.

Nielsen - Tavares - Okposo was the line that played against us to begin the playoffs, and they were together for the end of the season...

:help:

tolsen3

Apr 21, 2014
Really? Okposo made us look stupid in the playoffs.

Tavares made Okposo. Period. When they moved Okposo off the first line to try and get production from the second line he went back to what he was before being team with JT. Do you want to pay 7/7 for a 20 goal scorer? Not me.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Campbell's wishy washy commitment to this team concerns me but I like that they're trying to get a top 4 D, phew

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Oh ****. harvey is a pawn?

Lol. All I'm saying is not every tweet is put out there with the intention of relaying a team's actual interest(s). Remember, agents and other hockey people use Twitter and can read anything anyone says. If a beat writer is reporting something from a source then it can be taken to have some sort of meaning...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lol. All I'm saying is not every tweet is put out there with the intention of relaying a team's actual interest(s). Remember, agents and other hockey people use Twitter and can read anything anyone says. If a beat writer is reporting something from a source then it can be taken to have some sort of meaning...
He's a mother freakin Pawn!

Pawniakov

lmfao

tolsen3

Apr 21, 2014
Nielsen - Tavares - Okposo was the line that played against us to begin the playoffs, and they were together for the end of the season...

:help:

They only played that combo against the Panthers.

For 95% of the year Tavares center the 1st line with any combo of Strome, Okposo and Nelson.
Nielsen centered the 2nd line with Okposo, Bailey and Kulemin.

They went back to their normal line combos against Tampa until the last game of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad