Proposal: Off-season moves part 2: The Savard Trade Mystery: Answers Coming July 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
First priority is to have money to re sign Tro, Huberdeau, Smith, Ekblad long term. If signing Eriksson or ANY FA doesn't allow those 4 to be extended then I don't want to sign them.

I like Eriksson's game overall and think he can help at all aspects rather than Okposo/Ladd. Would be a HUGE addition

Those re-signings are definitely something to keep in mind this offseason, and I would just try to add 1 top UFA(longterm contract) from the market, Florida can build a longterm contender, no need to ruin that.

But if we check the cap situation for Florida,
http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/florida-panthers

18M cap space right now, with 11 forwards, 7 defenseman and 2 goalies.
Let's say 2 forward spots go to Eriksson and Trocheck.

Tro gets around 5M(should be in that range), that leaves around 13M cap space for Lou, let's say Lou signs for around 6M cap hit, 7M cap space available with a full roster.
Re-sign Ekblad tomorrow and keep that cap space for his contract.

I wouldn't go below that, have cap space already before the next offseason starts and Kindl/Boyes goes off the books then, but again I'd start shopping Jokinen in a year to make sure they can keep the core together while adding high end UFA this season.

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I hope the team is planning on bringing a third pairing lefty. Wiercioch would fit in nicely with Pysyk. If they want to bring in a fourth liner, Marchesseault would be a big improvement over Shaw or Thornton.
Eriksson and those two would shore up the lineup quite well.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
They only played that combo against the Panthers.

For 95% of the year Tavares center the 1st line with any combo of Strome, Okposo and Nelson.
Nielsen centered the 2nd line with Okposo, Bailey and Kulemin.

They went back to their normal line combos against Tampa until the last game of the series.

Check out @NYIslanders's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/717481744790892545?s=09

not true. they started doing it even before then

March to be exact

https://www.nhl.com/news/john-tavares-new-york-islanders-top-line/c-280315710

tolsen3

Apr 21, 2014
Why is everyone on here down on him so much ? The 6-7 mil he'll get ?? Lucic and Ladd want the same:shakehead

Can someone here post his adv stats and scouting report on him. Why wouldn't Okposo fit on our 3rd line and eventually top line?? FA market for top-mid tier forwards does not get much better than this year (I'm not saying it's great, but is what it is).

7 mil a year for a 3rd line winger, no thanks.

Tavares drives that whole line, it doesn't even matter who his wings are, Okposo included.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Eriksson is great in front of the net on the powerplay if I recall correctly.. Isn't he great at tipping pucks and potting rebounds?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Hey, I have been too at times lol

They only played that combo against the Panthers.

For 95% of the year Tavares center the 1st line with any combo of Strome, Okposo and Nelson.
Nielsen centered the 2nd line with Okposo, Bailey and Kulemin.

They went back to their normal line combos against Tampa until the last game of the series.

I wonder why??

My guess is our forwards are matchup nightmares for 3/4 of the team in league today. Ohhhh baby we only just starting !

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Further speculation/wishes can now be directed to the GDT.

This (or a new thread with the same purpose) might get resurrected after the main hassle of free agency is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad